I beat Zelda: TP

VoodooChi|d

[H]ard|Gawd
Got the system last Thursday evening. Beat it this morning (Thursday a week later) at ~6am CST.

I'm not even going to look how many hours it took me. :eek:

Anyone else beat it yet?

Yea, I also beat it in about a week, although it was easily 30 hours played, and I didn't do ANY of the side quests or optional stuff.

I'm just over 40 hours in and just finished the City in the Sky.

Please no spoilers in this thread!!!

Yeah... no spoilers for the rest...

I think I was somewhere around ~45 hours but I did almost all the side quests and stuff...

I hit the 48 hour mark when beating it, only missing 12 poes in the process, but I would say a good chunk of that time was mindless hunting for bugs, heart pieces, poes, and general get distracted forgot the system was running etc.

I would say I spent a solid 35-40 hours really playing it, but really enjoying every bit of it.

I'm only about 20 some-odd hours into it, and I've just found the (broken) mirror and watched the cutscene explaining it.

So far I think it's an unbelievable game. My only problem with it is that I can't play it drunk because I get frustrated at even the most simple puzzles.

quadnad said:
I'm only about 20 some-odd hours into it, and I've just found the (broken) mirror and watched the cutscene explaining it.

So far I think it's an unbelievable game. My only problem with it is that I can't play it drunk because I get frustrated at even the most simple puzzles.
You're going pretty fast I think...

I was playing sleep deprived 2 nights ago... I was actually hallucinating while driving. I could swear I saw hearts on the road, a trashbag on the shoulder looked like one of those monsters, and every light I saw looked like a fairy... I'm kinda glad I beat it... It was only a matter of time before I started carrying a sword...

I beat it after 53 hours. Didn't get everything, poes, bugs, etc. I did do the cave of ordeals. It's not as hard as everyone was saying. I only used one bottle of red potion across all 50 floors and didn't use the magic armor. I was kind of disappointed as I heard it was so difficult.

It's a solid 9... It has some flaws... but overall very fun... I thought it was supposed to be longer... I'm a bit disappointed...

Now I have to wait for Mario :(

bildad said:
I beat it after 53 hours. Didn't get everything, poes, bugs, etc. I did do the cave of ordeals. It's not as hard as everyone was saying. I only used one bottle of red potion across all 50 floors and didn't use the magic armor. I was kind of disappointed as I heard it was so difficult.

Ugh, could we keep the spoilers to a minimum?

I'm about 10 hours into the game and I just received the Shield Attack and am about to enter Goron Mountain.

I have absolutely no idea how far into the game that is.

i remember zelda: oot. im like, "hurrah, got the 3 jewel things back, that wasnt too hard" games like," what, you did that already? well thats the warmup, now heres the real game"

So much of this game is so much like the older Zelda games, yet everytime I play it, it always seems new to me. It's a testament to the creativity of the programmers and writers for this game series.

There's only one thing that bugs me everytime I play Zelda...

How in god's name does this fit with the whole Zelda storyline!?!??!!??!?!

I know about the timeline sites and its no more fact than the running timeline in my head...

Just another piece of the puzzle lore I have yet to figure out...

I think that they have more or less switched to the idea that each new Zelda game is the retelling of the same story. The details may be different but the main theme and ideas are the same.

Those interested in seeing a theory presented in it's entirety should check out Zelda Retrospective Part 6 on gametrailers. It's pretty cool to see it all laid out in front of you. Oh, and also, the 1-5 parts are cool too if you're a big fan of the series. Worth watching :D

All I know about that was indicated by the producers is two things.

Two timelines and yes they are related (in some convoluted manner on a whiteboard deep in Nintendo headquarters...)...

I just believe that every Zelda game is a different telling of the same story. Its the "Legend of Zelda." Perhaps in the land of Hyrule, people pass down the tale of a legendary Princess, a young hero dressed in green, and the king of theives... all the ones chosen by the Gods. Every person tells it differently, and so every game is a different variation of it.

I really dont think the Zelda games snap together into a set timeline, theres just too much going on. There are some relationships between games, yes, but placing all of them in order, and trying to figure out which Link is which, and all that stuff.... just seems like people are reading into it a little too much.

Just got to the City in the Sky. So far about 35 hours into the game and thats with poe, bugs and heart hunting. I don't have any upgrades yet but I have 15 heart containers. I absolutely LOVE this game, only reason I am keeping my Wii at the moment. I was really under whelmed by the launch line up. Once I beat TP I will be hard pressed not to sell the Wii. Got keep telling myself that Mario & Metroid are coming. :rolleyes:

xerus` said:
I just believe that every Zelda game is a different telling of the same story. Its the "Legend of Zelda." Perhaps in the land of Hyrule, people pass down the tale of a legendary Princess, a young hero dressed in green, and the king of theives... all the ones chosen by the Gods. Every person tells it differently, and so every game is a different variation of it.

I really dont think the Zelda games snap together into a set timeline, theres just too much going on. There are some relationships between games, yes, but placing all of them in order, and trying to figure out which Link is which, and all that stuff.... just seems like people are reading into it a little too much.

This is true. They tell you this in Wind Waker. There is no timeline connecting all the games.

JadedMaple said:
Ugh, could we keep the spoilers to a minimum?

You have got be kidding me and everybody else on here.

You clicked on a thread titled "I BEAT ZELDA TP". Is that not enough for a spoiler??? :rolleyes:

It's already been stated in a recent interview with the Zelda man himself, Miyamoto that the stories do have some sort of connection with each other AND there is more than 1 Link.

The only problem is that while they have an idea how it is connected, there is some internal debate on how to incorporate this concept into the newer and older games without totally wrecking the idea of it.

http://www.gannon-banned.com/

Go to Number 16, follow the link for the interviews and then try to convince yourself there is no damn timeline because there IS a timeline...

Back