I am Your New Mod - Let's get organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted in a long time. Every couple years this happens, time passes, and things settle down. In the end, a dedicated and passionate group of damn good people eventually put aside the BS and do what is necessary.

I've spent alot of money and time to do what I know needs to be done. I'd just like to thank the rest of you crazy fookers for doing it too.

Leaders or not, I crunch/fold/UD/whatever for any team associated with [H]. Why? This is where I started. This is a great bunch of folks. I get to be a part of something bigger.

In all honesty, the bickering this time is WAY tamer than it used to be. I think vigorous and heated discussion is a good thing when it comes to something so important. How else can you learn enough to make good choices. The more angry bastards we have banging on the tables, the more information we have about the various projects.

Allow a period of chest beating, and then take a group vote (it is a horde after all).
Once the decision is made, then shut down the bickering.

A leader means little to me, but it does motivate others. By all means, elect one. But let the group decide.

dwdawg

Seems like the only people being negative are "Hardfolders of the month"

Kyle,
Thanks for the focus, I'll chime in. I have been slowly folding away and parking myself in gen-may most of the time so I missed all the hullabaloo (<-- wow Firefox corrected that)

My reasons for folding are my own, the time I can dedicate to the community is very limited. The passion for the community that some of the DC Forum folks show is well known. We already have "leaders" per se for folding - alot have been nominated already. I think these people already identified are the ones that can carry this torch. We each do what we can and the present "leadership" (unofficial, but leadership non-the-less) has done a good job.

Those folks that show a long term passion for helping, cajoling, and sometimes coercing others into folding have done a great job for team 33. If we need to recognize that - I'm all for it. But lets not reinvent the wheel if we will lose the current leaders, I would not want to see any of the leaders disheartened for not being recognized for their contribution of both time and expertise. I know I do appreciate having the "familiar faces" here and these folks attract folders and speak well of [H]

Do we need a President, VP, Secretary and senate majority leader? nah, we just need folks who know why we are folding to make sure we pass on that knowledge. Those with the time and the passion should lead, but others will come along with abilities that [H] can use, lets not restrict this to a given set - sure start out with a set of folks, then let them identify who has the drive and ability and add them as needed - or remove them if they no longer have the time.

Real life can be a pain and take away any time for the cyber world right-quick. so we need to have a flexible structure of leaders.

Seems like the only people being negative are "Hardfolders of the month"

Negative comments like this are not needed and certainly not anything close to productive. Please refrain unless you have something to actually contribute to the discussion.

Welcome to Dc Kyle. Glad to have you aboard. Be sure to check out the Stickys at the top of the forum to help you with any questions you may have. :D
/end smartass

But what I said above is typical of 99.9% of the regulars in this forum, and is why I started folding for this team 4+ years ago. The commaraderie, enthusiasm, humor, wisdom and friendly competition is why I stay.

I may not be an expert or have unlimited amounts of time to devote but I have, and will continue to contribute as much as I can.

I think this thread has come to a good end here and everyone knows the general direction. I have started a new sticky thread that lumps all the changes together and some recent changes so that people hopefully understand what the direction is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back