I am very impressed with Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB mid tower case

Yeah I wrote off Thermaltake a few years ago, but after looking through cases for a new build I stumbled on their Core X31.

Really impressed by their modular design and pricing has been spot on.

Thermaltake cases have been hit or miss for me in the past. Some have been good or great (my server is currently housed in a Thermaltake case) but usually they don't fit the aesthetic I am going for.

my only beef w/ this case is the lack of 5.25 bay. If I only put a 200 mm fan at the front (bottom), what can I buy to create a drive tray to insert a 5.25 blu-ray burner, and perhaps a 5.25 fan controller as well? you can see at 1:23 of this review, there is space for the 5.25 Blu-ray burner

I have the core v21. It also has a place to rig in a 5 1/4 but I haven't missed it at all. Stream everything anyway. Tt had a bad rep but I really like the case. Sure it's plexi and steel, not tempered and aluminum but $40 yep. And they are so modular. I was inverted atx but now I'm back to normal, just changed the panels

That's actuallly another OEM's case with Thermaltake branding. I can't remember the one, but I read the [H] review of one variant (it had a crazy name... that's all I can remember at the moment) and then read on the forums here there were several, linked to another review, and found out it's sold with few if any real changes under like, 12 different names.

Looks like Thermaltake has upped their game recently in cases. I recently bought a Core V21 ITX Snow case from them & Am looking at the V31 Versa for a retro build.

I just find out there is no way to insert a 5.25 drive on the View 31, as the front door is locked (fixed). And I don't like Open Frame due to dust. What would you guys recommend? The only one that comes close is the Suppressor F31 Tempered Glass. But I want to get glass on both side, I wonder if there is such an upgrade

and 1 other thing: if you use this glass mount design, you have to use water cooling then, there is no way anyone can use fan cooling because the air would be trapped?

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Chass...971/Core_P5_Tempered_Glass_Edition/design.htm

because I'm not a fan of water cooling, as chemical like wet water can cause cancer

Last edited:
Back