I am scared if i have bad Rtx 3090 Gigabyte because of pins.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello guys. Last week i bought : Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC. Card is on box. Waiting for other parts of pc.
I read that topic:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-oc-vision-power-connector-concerns.18900176/

Is this possible that i will have bad or bented pcie pins or faulty card? Maybe someone here with the same card? S/N: 2042....

Someone said that i have faulty card, so i am worried. Thanks. I hope i will be not get banned by posting link of other forum,srry btw.

Yes, it's totally possible. I had a faulty Gigabyte 3080 and had to RMA it, took over a month to get it back.

What I suggest is getting short PCIe power extension cables. Plug those into the GPU and never, ever, take them out. That's what I did. I got two of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H45K3PG/

They updated/fixed version was available sometime prior to the Nov 19 last update time on that thread. IF you have a just purchased card it's probably new enough to have the fix. The thread you linked to includes how to do a visual inspection to see if your card has the updated cable or not, instead of hoping someone could magically use 4 digits of a serial number to figure out if you're affected you could look at your card and see if it's affected or not.

They updated/fixed version was available sometime prior to the Nov 19 last update time on that thread. IF you have a just purchased card it's probably new enough to have the fix. The thread you linked to includes how to do a visual inspection to see if your card has the updated cable or not, instead of hoping someone could magically use 4 digits of a serial number to figure out if you're affected you could look at your card and see if it's affected or not.
I think I told him the same thing months ago.

So did this person buy a second Gigabyte 3090 months after the first, or none at all? 🤔🤔
Could've been a 3080, who knows. This guy used to post a thread every week where he watched some YT video and asked if there was a problem because the guy in the video was getting 5 more fps than he was.

Hello guys. Last week i bought : Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC. Card is on box. Waiting for other parts of pc.
I read that topic:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-oc-vision-power-connector-concerns.18900176/

Is this possible that i will have bad or bented pcie pins or faulty card? Maybe someone here with the same card? S/N: 2042....

Someone said that i have faulty card, so i am worried. Thanks. I hope i will be not get banned by posting link of other forum,srry btw.
If you read the other thread you linked, is your 2042* serial number affected by this? 🧐

Sounds Like you should've gotten an EVGA or Founders edition or maybe even an Asus.

The thread says some newer buyers had the same problem with power pins pushing in. Get the extension cables, it's $20 for peace of mind.

Gigabyte's RMA process SUCKS. They don't cross-ship, and they're slow as hell.

And I mean, obviously, if you have a choice don't buy Gigabyte. But of course this is a 3080/3090 so you buy whatever you can find.

My friend has one of these BNIB that he's willing to sell at cost to me. I'm not as concerned about the power pin issue as I am about the VRAM temps and dead card issues that seems to be reported more often with this card. Although, it sounds like it is fairly common for several different 3090s, not just this one.

Back