I am officially hyped for Quantum Break! Coming April 5th, 2016.

I really enjoyed Alan Wake, and definitely plan on getting this. Now that we know the official release date is April 5th, I hope there's no delays.

Looks sick and they're pulling out all the stops by getting some decent actors in the game and tv show.

Remedy makes fantastic games, but I really can't decide how I feel about this one. The gameplay looks great, but the TV show aspect is incredibly uninteresting to me. I do very little TV watching and it's very unlikely that that aspect of the game could ever hold my interest.

I'm curious to know more about how the two tie in together, and what the experience would be like if you chose to ignore the TV show and just play the game.

Remedy makes fantastic games, but I really can't decide how I feel about this one. The gameplay looks great, but the TV show aspect is incredibly uninteresting to me. I do very little TV watching and it's very unlikely that that aspect of the game could ever hold my interest.

I'm curious to know more about how the two tie in together, and what the experience would be like if you chose to ignore the TV show and just play the game.

Half of the main cast is from The Wire, if this one is even half as good then I don't have an issue with it. Supposedly the game and the show are from two different perspectives and scenes overlap between the game and the show from those perspectives.

Half of the main cast is from The Wire, if this one is even half as good then I don't have an issue with it. Supposedly the game and the show are from two different perspectives and scenes overlap between the game and the show from those perspectives.

Never saw The Wire. I really don't enjoy crime dramas, not with TVs or movies. The only one that comes to mind that I enjoyed was Breaking Bad, and that really sort of broke the mold that was typical of the crime genre.

ya just picked up a xbox one and will get this game. even though i knew nothing about it when i ordered my xbox.

Doesn't look bad it tries to have the same seriousness of Deus Ex real actors too.
Not sure if I would pick up a X-ONE for this..... SInce my damn PS4 is just collecting dust but the good games like Halo 5 and this are going to be just on the X-ONE.

plus you need another online card ect...

The last game I can recall that they wanted to tie into a film and maybe eventually a tv series was Condemned. That didn't turn out so well. The game was awesome, the other media though, obviously, never happened.

That would have been great.

This, if they figure out a way to blend everything, could be a new era of gaming.

I feel like games are reverting back to QTE FMV Sega CD era games. Sure, the graphics are good and you 'control' the character more but gameplay wise it's nothing but a bunch of QTE.

I feel like games are reverting back to QTE FMV Sega CD era games. Sure, the graphics are good and you 'control' the character more but gameplay wise it's nothing but a bunch of QTE.

Not sure why you are mentioning that in a post about Quantum Break. There is no QTE here.

the save sync is huge for me, if the wife wants to watch Netflix, then no xbox for me, if she's using the desktop, then no PC for me. being able to play the same game save from either platform is awesome. I was MEH on the game to start with, but I can see doing the pre-order simply to support this trend of dual platform with shared saves.

Hey everyone. Thought i'd resurrect this thread since we are 5 days away from launch. Have mine preordered. Anyone else excited?

Getting it on PC! Don't know how people can still accept 720p/30 in 2016...

Getting it on PC! Don't know how people can still accept 720p/30 in 2016...

I honestly fully accept it and don't care. It'll still look good, and the 30fps as long as it is solid is fine and adds to the cinematic look of certain games. If the game isn't fun or the gameplay is bad it won't matter what resolution or framerate it runs in.

I honestly fully accept it and don't care. It'll still look good, and the 30fps as long as it is solid is fine and adds to the cinematic look of certain games. If the game isn't fun or the gameplay is bad it won't matter what resolution or framerate it runs in.
But if it's a good game then 1440p and 60 FPS will only drastically enhance my experience. ;)

720p is far too low for me, jaggies become far too apparent on screen and it distracts me from becoming fully immersed into games at times. Happened with Dead Rising 3. 900p is even borderline unacceptable.

But to each his own!

Leaked Quantum Break Review by Jim Sterling

http://www.thejimquisition.com/quantum-break-review/

Quantum Break is not the most revolutionary of games, and its box of time toys cover what is, at heart, a fairly standardized shooter. However, it carries itself with style and speed to create something genuinely fascinating to play, flavored by a story that, while failing to pay off in the final stretch, is more detailed and engrossing than most in its league.

The Xbox One may have failed to live up to its dreams of being a cross-media entertainment portal, but we got Quantum Break out of it, and that's just fine by me.

8.5/10

He tweeted this shortly after it was pulled...

Oh... I got my day wrong. So uh, y'all didn't *see* that review? Let's forget that happened until the embargo actually breaks.

Jim Sterling on Twitter

I'm interested in this, I might pick it up after I finish Watch_Dogs (got it for $20). Remedy's previous games have all been great, even up to Allan Wake and Max Payne 3.

Last edited:
I don't have an XBOX ONE, so would this be worth my while with Windows 10? Watching the gameplay videos, it looks great but I don't want to burn $60 to find out that I really can't stand it.

I don't have an XBOX ONE, so would this be worth my while with Windows 10? Watching the gameplay videos, it looks great but I don't want to burn $60 to find out that I really can't stand it.

No one can really tell you what you will or won't like; and you won't know for sure until you actually play it.

No one can really tell you what you will or won't like; and you won't know for sure until you actually play it.

Quite true. That's why I'm aiming for it with Windows 10. I really enjoyed watching the gameplay videos on Youtube. Seems like a worthy action game with a good story.

Here's a list of the reviews I've come across so far:

Destructoid 8.5 / 10

EGM 7.5 / 10

Game Informer 8.5 / 10

GameSpot 6 / 10

GiantBomb 2 / 5 stars

IGN 8 / 10

Kotaku no numerical score

Polygon 8.5 / 10

Xbox Achievements 90 / 100

I checked Metacritic and it's currently pulling a 78, with generally positive reviews (55 positive), compared to 14 mixed reviews, and two negative. I haven't actually read GiantBomb's review yet, but I'm curious since they are one of the two that gave it a low score.

So far I'm liking it, although I stopped before the 2nd act/level. One of the YouTube walkthroughs I watched, from a week or two ago, was of the first level, so I already knew what to expect.

I personally am absolutely loving the game. The live-action stuff has been great. Good acting. Great action. The graphics look incredible. I think it's the best looking console game i've seen yet. The time powers are awesome. With a good sound system, the sound is great too.

I personally think it's fantastic so far.

So far I'm liking it, although I stopped before the 2nd act/level. One of the YouTube walkthroughs I watched, from a week or two ago, was of the first level, so I already knew what to expect.

I have to ask, why would you do this? Ruins the anticipation imo.

I have to ask, why would you do this? Ruins the anticipation imo.

Honestly, I don't know. Haha. Mainly, since there weren't any reviews yet, I wanted to hear some person's impressions while they played, and just to see how the game looked. Since it was only the first level I didn't quite care about spoiling things.

:rolleyes:

Just finished it. VERY good story. Loved the live action episodes. Generic gameplay. Blurry graphics. Will play a sequel.

I'm now on Act 4, and hopefully I can finish the game either Sunday or Monday night. The game has gotten better and better as I've progressed through the first 3 acts. Especially as I power up Jack Joyce with new abilities. I'll definitely play through again, and make the opposite choices that I've been making so far.

I'm now on Act 4, and hopefully I can finish the game either Sunday or Monday night. The game has gotten better and better as I've progressed through the first 3 acts. Especially as I power up Jack Joyce with new abilities. I'll definitely play through again, and make the opposite choices that I've been making so far.

Yeah, the more you upgrade the better the game gets. Giant Bomb didn't seem to understand how to use powers. Jeff's job is to play video games but apparently he's terrible at them: Giant Bomb Quantum Break - Streamable. Compare that to someone who actually understand how the game works: Saxolol's Xbox clips on XboxDVR.com

Yeah, the more you upgrade the better the game gets. Giant Bomb didn't seem to understand how to use powers. Jeff's job is to play video games but apparently he's terrible at them: Giant Bomb Quantum Break - Streamable. Compare that to someone who actually understand how the game works: Saxolol's Xbox clips on XboxDVR.com

LOL! Wow, that is hilarious.

"It never feels like I'm awesome." Really?!

"I'd be a lot cooler if the game inspired you to use your powers... or, or, or if the powers flowed together better." Does he realize you can use more than one at a time, and when you level them up you can use some powers multiple times before recharge?!

I will say his comments about the cover system are more valid. When I first started playing I thought to myself that I wouldn't mind at least the ability to blind fire. Either way everything about the powers shows he was clueless while playing. That second video you posted demonstrates just how "awesome" you can be.

Last edited:
Back