I am bored

Settings all very high, but I'll have to check on the framerates. There wasn't any noticeable lag last time I played, so probably in the 40's if I were to hazard a guess.

I've been looking for a perfect ring to game @ 2560 X 1600 resolution since SB came into horizon. But every year a next generation CPU and Card disappoints me.

1) Current generation IB has heating issue.
2) Current generation GPUs are still incompatible to play games like CRYSIS @ 2560 X 1600 resolution at higher settings. Using SLI or Xfire again will create a lot of heat.
3) Current generation 30 inch displays more serve as heaters. Still haven't seen any 30 inch LED.

I have the money but don't want to go spend my money for something that will not solve my purpose, thats why I didn't upgrade.

um. i have three 680s and they stay about 20c cooler than my two 460s did.
and my 460s had aftermarket cooling.

im running three 27", 5760x1080 and rarely see my cards go above 60c.
i dont think 2560x1600 would be an issue.

Someone make a meme:

Owns a 22", says 27" 1440p displays are too small.

Owns a gtx 460, says current cards run to hot

A 22" 1680x1050 monitor is much sharper than any current 30" since they all use very grainy matte coatings. The Dell 3014 should be out in the next 2 months with led back-lighting as well as semi-glossy coating but it's going to cost at least 1300 duckets and will likely have high input lag as well as ghosting issues like the rest of the Uxx13H line.

So all the fuss because you want to play Crysis? That just seems so silly.

How exactly are desktops flexible? Can you take them with you like a tablet or a smartphone? Will a desktop occupy your child or even yourself while you're sitting in the lobby of a doctors office or dentist? I can take payments from my customers with my smartphone OR my tablet thanks to Square D...How can I do that with my desktop? Tablets and Smartphones are far from toys!

Here's a novel idea for all you parents out there, how about YOU occupy your childs time instead of pawning them off to an ipad??? Your child can read a book at the dr's office and learn to be disciplined and quiet. An Ipad is not a nanny or a parent. Astonished when people pride themselves in doing such things. No wonder childrend are soo self absorbed and totally clueless when they grow up and leave the house at age 30.

Change hardware in a tablet? NOPE
Change the friggin battery in a tablet? NOPE
Prefer to wacth movies on a tiny screen? NOPE

Smartphones are not toys, Tablets are.

Someone make a meme:

Owns a 22", says 27" 1440p displays are too small.

Owns a gtx 460, says current cards run to hot

A 22" 1680x1050 monitor is much sharper than any current 30" since they all use very grainy matte coatings. The Dell 3014 should be out in the next 2 months with led back-lighting as well as semi-glossy coating but it's going to cost at least 1300 duckets and will likely have high input lag as well as ghosting issues like the rest of the Uxx13H line.

16:9 displays are a ripoff, his 22 inch is a 16:10.

Here's a novel idea for all you parents out there, how about YOU occupy your childs time instead of pawning them off to an ipad??? Your child can read a book at the dr's office and learn to be disciplined and quiet. An Ipad is not a nanny or a parent. Astonished when people pride themselves in doing such things. No wonder childrend are soo self absorbed and totally clueless when they grow up and leave the house at age 30.

Change hardware in a tablet? NOPE
Change the friggin battery in a tablet? NOPE
Prefer to wacth movies on a tiny screen? NOPE

Smartphones are not toys, Tablets are.

The ipad and tablets are wonderful tools when used correctly, you obviously have no idea. My son is in the 4th grade and has a 7th grade reading level thanks to downloadable books. It's much easier for us to carry the tablet than books.

Change the hardware in a tablet? Nope, because its 10x cheaper to buy a new one than a computer. We can sit outdoors at the river or the lake and read a book and/or play games. Can you do that with your desktop?
Change the battery in a tablet? Nope,there is no need because they last a very long time and mine is 3yrs old and going strong.
Prefer to watch movies on a tiny screen? I don't have too, I have a large television for that.. I can watch them on the go also, that's something you can't do with a desktop.

If you choose to spend a few thousand dollars every few years for a new PC, that's your prerogative. I decided several years ago to stop doing that and put the money towards future endeavors. I have nothing against people with disposable incomes, to each their own.

Last edited:
The ipad and tablets are wonderful tools when used correctly, you obviously have no idea. My son is in the 4th grade and has a 7th grade reading level thanks to downloadable books. It's much easier for us to carry the tablet than books.

Change the hardware in a tablet? Nope, because its 10x cheaper to buy a new one than a computer. We can sit outdoors at the river or the lake and read a book and/or play games. Can you do that with your desktop?
Change the battery in a tablet? Nope,there is no need because they last a very long time and mine is 3yrs old and going strong.
Prefer to watch movies on a tiny screen? I don't have too, I have a large television for that.. I can watch them on the go also, that's something you can't do with a desktop.

If you choose to spend a few thousand dollars every few years for a new PC, that's your prerogative. I decided several years ago to stop doing that and put the money towards future endeavors. I have nothing against people with disposable incomes, to each their own.

Your pc sucks. gtfo the video card forum.

While I agree with your opening paragraph, I'd like to see you buy a new iPad for less than $300 becuase thats how much you can buy an entry level desktop/laptop for.

EDIT: I forgot some math... You'd need to find a new iPad for $30 since you can buy them 10x cheaper. ;)

Last edited:
Your pc sucks. gtfo the video card forum.

That's because I enjoy reading about PC hardware, I gave up gaming several years ago kid ( yes, you're 25..so you're still a kid.) . I was a hard core gamer for quite some time but then I realized how much time I was wasting, so I changed my priorities and am a much happier person now. Sorry you aren't.

Last edited:
While I agree with your opening paragraph, I'd like to see you buy a new iPad for less than $300 becuase thats how much you can buy an entry level desktop/laptop for.

EDIT: I forgot some math... You'd need to find a new iPad for $30 since you can buy them 10x cheaper. ;)

True statement, I should've been more specific and said a hard core gaming rig...which is what I HAD to have in the past. Wish I could get back all the $$ I wasted over the years! :D

We have a kindle..purchased for under $300. ;)

True statement, I should've been more specific and said a hard core gaming rig...which is what I HAD to have in the past. Wish I could get back all the $$ I wasted over the years! :D

We have a kindle..purchased for under $300. ;)

So you can't get a new iPad for $30? Damn, I was going to PM you if you could. :p

You dont like heat?

Buy the good stuff and watercool it.....silence and cool.:D

With my next upgrade (whether its 3770K or 4770K) I will use Corsair H80. Even with my current rig TRUE is effective. But we don't see too many aftermark coolers for GPUs, specially water cooling.

I think I will go for Dell U2714HM, as it costs half the price compared to any good 30 inch display.

Just one question, anyone who owns 27 inch and 30 inch display, do you feel any significant difference in gaming with these 2 displays. Since both have the same horizontal resolution, its only the vertical resolution that differs. Can someone tell me the difference between H and HM?

The maturity level in this thread...

But seriously, Crysis 3 is a joke. If you're building a rig for the sole reason of running a single game, you either have too much money or you're insane. Crysis has been a disappointment since the first game and even still, I was not impressed with that either.

Also, why not downgrade to a sub-24" monitor with a lower resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate?

I don't blame you for being bored; fact is there is no reason to upgrade. I suggest you have other hobbies also.

OP you genuinely need to take some time and put a list together, or have someone else do it for you, of the absolute best bang for the buck components. If you can't afford top of the line, which by a comment you made earlier about having to save up for something I'm guessing you can't afford it, then that's the road to go down.
Check my setup...P67 Maximus IV Extreme. And I'm fully content because logically replacing everything from the board to the ram and CPU isn't worth a 10% performance increase.
So again I suggest you get an inventory list together, say to yourself that's a great list for it's day, build the thing and don't touch it for a year or two.
Otherwise you'll never upgrade at all...trust me, I've known people who wait and wait forever.

The maturity level in this thread...

But seriously, Crysis 3 is a joke. If you're building a rig for the sole reason of running a single game, you either have too much money or you're insane. Crysis has been a disappointment since the first game and even still, I was not impressed with that either.

Also, why not downgrade to a sub-24" monitor with a lower resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate?

I have explained it earlier. I take crysis as a benchmark. Any card that can play crysis well can play other games too. Yes I like crysis but its not the sole reason

OP your answer sold out yesterday, did you get 2 or 3 titans?

This thread is awesome.......TTT

Back