I am a gamer and I do not have a preferred platform.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
So as with any launch of 2 or more consoles the entire gaming community bursts out like a CME from the Sun and in a pretty big way.

Anyone here besides myself planning to purchase a PS4 AND an Xbox One while ALSO continuing to be a PC gamer? I'm the kind of person that believes in choice and feel its the spice of life. But the fragmenting that has been the result of these impending launches seems to have scattered out people such as myself who choose to be a polyplatform owner (I know , its a made up word but you get it) and I just wanted to see if any of you are planning to get a PS4 Friday and an Xbox One the following Friday?

I plan on having all 3 also.

I typically will wait and buy games on PC for its awesome graphics and gameplay, but will only use the ps4/xbone for exclusives.

I always get them all eventually and would have went with the One had it had Cable DVR but as it is I'll have to get it next year probably after June.

I learned last time with rrod issues and issues with my launch ps3. I cancelled my pre order and bought a new video card instead. I will wait until thebxonsoles have settled for a refresh.

will have all new systems as well on launch. Just glad i can play the game on whatever platform is best and enjoy the exclusives to each.

I'm going to end up with all of 'em, too. On launch I'm planning on getting whatever one is in stock first (I have to order on Amazon to use my rewards) and I'll get the other one sometime next year.

PS4 for me for Launch, but if I can find an Xbox in stores that week I'll pick one up as well. I'm also the type of person who gets a system just for exclusives, then PC for the high-res shit.

If you're only going to get one, think about which games you'd like to play, and choose based on that. As far as PS4, the only games worth playing right off the get go are Knack and Killzone, other than that, you've got Dead Rising 3 and Forza for Xbox. Again, this is just based on launch titles, so I'd take a look down the line, and see what is planned to come out.

I wont get a console until the over the top pricing of games and ridiculous restrictions are dropped.
The amount of BS, shilling and bad behaviour from manufacturers and fanboys is incredible as well.
A bit like AMD related forums, one reason I shy away from AMD products is due to not wanting to post in those forums because the truth hurts more there :p

A bit like AMD related forums, one reason I shy away from AMD products is due to not wanting to post in those forums because the truth hurts more there :p

Seriously got me laughing. That's true, though. I'm brand agnostic, but AMD forums almost have a cultish feel to them.

So as with any launch of 2 or more consoles the entire gaming community bursts out like a CME from the Sun and in a pretty big way.

Anyone here besides myself planning to purchase a PS4 AND an Xbox One while ALSO continuing to be a PC gamer? I'm the kind of person that believes in choice and feel its the spice of life. But the fragmenting that has been the result of these impending launches seems to have scattered out people such as myself who choose to be a polyplatform owner (I know , its a made up word but you get it) and I just wanted to see if any of you are planning to get a PS4 Friday and an Xbox One the following Friday?

I have a PS4 on pre-order and I may get an X1 sometime next year. I currently game on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and WiiU.

If I had the money I would get both eventually. I don't, so I will get neither. Even if I did have the money it would not be for at least a few years until I got the consoles mainly due to the lack of good exclusives for me.

I'd have to have at least 4-5 games I really wanted to play before spending money on them.

There are probably less than a dozen games from the last generation that I had any noticeable interest in playing. And that number is split between the PS3/360. Most of the games I want are on PC, and if I can get a game on PC then I will.

Last edited:
I do not plan on buying a PS4, my core gaming will be done on my PC. I own 5 Wii U games but no Wii U yet lol. Getting a Wii U on black friday. I will probably get a XB1 next year some time, for some exclusives plus the awesome UI and media functionality.

Good to see some people have the same kind of feelings towards platforms and ownership.

I have a limited amount of time that I can spent on gaming so two consoles is out of the question.
Buying both the new XBOX and PS4 is very intense indeed.
For most, the "yield" is not good considering the relatively few number of exclusives.

Being primarily a PC gamer, I am keen to go with the PS4 + PC combo since, historically, PS exclusives do not make it to the PC while there is usually hope with the XBOX (if you do not mind a delay).

I ordered both back in June. I plan on selling one to help pay for the other. Right now I'm really leaning towards the X One mainly because my PS3 is hardly ever used and I buy almost all games for the 360. It looks like the PS4 is going to be a beast though.

I learned last time with rrod issues and issues with my launch ps3. I cancelled my pre order and bought a new video card instead. I will wait until thebxonsoles have settled for a refresh.

i did the same thing i cancelled mines and i bought 780 gtx just waiting 2 more days :mad:

I will buy one when they actually have more than 1 or 2 games I WANT TO experience on them lol! Most likely just a PS4 sometime next year.

Interesting news , an Xbox One tour van came through my Town recently and I got a chance to play Forza and get a feel for the new controller.

First off the new controller? Its just godly. I fucking love the 360 controller and its only below the SNES controller as my all time favorite. It feels like it was molded to my hands and I never get fatigue when I'm playing for long periods of time. Its also my preferred PC controller for any and everything (minus FPS , RTS type games) and I won't even bother to play a game that doesn't support it and clearly is designed around a controller. But the new Xbox One controller fucking IMPROVES on it in one of the most important ways. I'm a huge fighting game fan and I'm also one of those fans that prefers a normal controller over a fighting stick. I know , I know .. real "gamers" use a fighting stick in fighting games but I just don't like it anywhere but the arcade and who the fuck goes to the arcade anymore. Its D-pad is probably going to end up being one of my favorites (right next to the Sega Saturn D-pad) and I love the features. I love that you can plug in the controller and it'll switch from wireless mode to wired mode thus eliminating any minor input latency from the controller. I've always used wired 360 controllers as I'm one of those unfortunate people that can feel micro differences in latency when playing a game.

Besides that it feels much more designed around people with larger than normal hands (me) but also for regular sized hands and its doable for those with small hands. The Hepatic (I believe that's what its called) feedback in Forza is nutkin futz , it really responses to even small changes in braking , accelerating and hard turns on and off the gravel. You can actually feel the small differences in the road in each track. I can only imagine how it will feel while its raining in game. So many great ideals will be executed with this controller in mind. I honestly feel the most next "gen" thing about these consoles so far is their bonkers controllers. MS has really knocked it out of the park.

And when you think about it controllers are more important than anything else. Your physical attachment and enjoyable possibility rest solely on a well designed controller. Honestly at this point a "next" gen controller means more to me than any resolution or hardware nonsense. When I play a console game I want to think only about the game and not anything else , a quality controller is the best way to ensure my attention will be my goals in game and not hand cramping.

Speaking of hand cramping I'm going to divert a bit to talk about how much I hate the Dualshock 3. I've always loved Sony controllers , dating back to the PS1 I never had issues with it. The PS1 controller was fucking lighter than Hydrogen yet it still felt pretty damn good in your hand. I also wanna state that I hate vibration in controllers. I feel its gimmicky and rarely utilized to its actual potential. In many games I disable it. I don't have vibration in my keyboard or my mouse and I have yet to see it used in a way that made it so vital the game wouldn't be as good without it. Maybe something like Silent Hill one , that game made good use of it. Or Metal Gear Solid. Anyway , I've had more hand cramps from long gaming sessions from the DualShock 3 then any other gaming controller I've ever used (including "The Duke" original Xbox controller). I love the PS3 , its a great console but the controller I felt held it back to some degree. The only saving grace of the DualShock 3 was the great D-pad (far superior to the 360 D-fail).

Anyway that is my impression of the Xbox One controller and some dismay about my Dualshock 3 hate. I also wanna add quickly that the PS4 controller looks sublime and I doubt I'll have anything but praise to give it.

Less swearing makes for a better read.
Also when you really need to emphasize something that deserves a swear, it will mean less coming from you.
I will gloss over much of what you say, as I did here.

Thanks for the headsup on the controller though, I will likely get one for my PC :)

I'm very unbiased... I'm not buying either :p Last console I bought was an original Xbox, there's been so few games on consoles this past generation that inspire me to purchase one, I don't see that changing this generation either.

Maybe in a couple of years I might get one... but that's what I said about the 360 and Ps3 as well.

Most people generally agree that cursing is a sign of overall low IQ. Not that I'm saying that of course, but it has been pointed out to me many times (I curse like a sailor).

Most people generally agree that cursing is a sign of overall low IQ. Not that I'm saying that of course, but it has been pointed out to me many times (I curse like a sailor).

Most people are also morons, so, grain of salt really.

The people I work with (and myself included, not bragging), work on some fairly complicated tasks involving databases, and it's far from an average Joe job, yet we all tend to swear like cussing-machines. I highly doubt we're all stupid, or at least I like to think we're not.

Back to topic: Looks like there's a lot of action for the new consoles on the craigslist in my area, so hopefully should be a good selling season...I just wish the PS4 had more interesting (to me at least I guess) launch titles. At this point, I'll be able to pick up an Xbox for about $350 (a great deal through someone), and play Dead Rising and Forza.

I play games. The machine it goes in it irrelevant to me. I will own both the big consoles eventually. But, I really don't hold any loyalty to any (I used to - Sega). PC gaming is preferred, but I do own the same game on PC and a console. Sometimes, it's a quick match or Xbox multiplayer. Other times, it's a nice long PC Battlefield 3 session...

I am getting the Xbox One first, though. Some better launch titles. PS4 will come next year sometime, when they get some good games that I want to play.

My son, though, wants a new video card for his computer instead of a console.... :)

Or you could do what I did. When the slim PS3 and 360 came out I sold my phats and bought the slims.

I am primarily a PC gamer and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I will probably purchase an XBOX One because I love the Halo series. I may or may not purchase a PS4 down the line. It just depends on what games come out for it.

I play almost everything on the PC, or at least anything that gives me the option to do so. As a result my consoles rarely see much use.

Back