I actually have a 10900k on the way!

I found someone with the CPU and will have the cpu on the 20th! w00t.. Will update this thread once newegg ships my maximus formula, and this cpu comes in.
can you last that long. cheers on your cpu purchase.

nope! Im just super stoked. Shes going to be under a awesome watercooling loop with the hopes to keep cpu temps under 100c LOL

i have a 10900k and asus apex board comming also. will probably order the unifyi ITX board also. i love overclocking. got two new kits of awesome memory. gskill 4800cl18 and a new micron elite 4000cl18 kit also delivered today and yesterday. im pumped for great OCing boards.

I get mine the 20th. Confirmed. Getting the Asus Maximus Hero Z490 Wifi and the Intel 10900K

i feel a "sick day" from work coming up soon for us ;)

found mine on an ebay store, and decided to use the "contact me" and asked him politely if we could negotiate the price cause he was wanting 850$ for it, and low and behold, I got an instant reply back and seller was willing to work with me. So I didnt pay the asking price, but I also didnt pay retail eith8er, but atleast I dont have to shop around and "HOPE" my local MC gets stock on launch day... I have the security knowing that I have a physical CPU on the way.

found mine on an ebay store, and decided to use the "contact me" and asked him politely if we could negotiate the price cause he was wanting 850$ for it, and low and behold, I got an instant reply back and seller was willing to work with me. So I didnt pay the asking price, but I also didnt pay retail eith8er, but atleast I dont have to shop around and "HOPE" my local MC gets stock on launch day... I have the security knowing that I have a physical CPU on the way.

Man I wouldn't trust ebay at all, was it just a random seller or like newegg?

Man I wouldn't trust ebay at all, was it just a random seller or like newegg?
Whats up brother! To answer your question 100%, it was a random seller with a store front, and had 1000's of sales with a 98% rating. I took a chance and paid with paypal, so im protected (I think) eitherway! Time will tell

Whats up brother! To answer your question 100%, it was a random seller with a store front, and had 1000's of sales with a 98% rating. I took a chance and paid with paypal, so im protected (I think) eitherway! Time will tell

Cool, hope he comes through.

Very cool congrats my friend. However a couple things. Firstly at 4.7Ghz all core temps go to 90c and it draws a sh*T load of power consumption. Good luck getting it to 5Ghz and above. All for a 10 percent increase in gaming performance. youll get 10 to 20fps more. With a lot of heat and power draw hungry.
No offense dude, but I dont need advice about cooling this cpu from you, im well versed in this area. Thanks for the congrats tho TURTLE RIG

Yeah, post early results, hope you have a really good cooling system so it doesn't constantly throttle! Curious if it's as bad as it sounded from limited reviews. I'd love to hear some unbiased info from a retail chip.

I am actually going to give some REAL cooling advice that will benefit all of you regardless of your skill level.

One of the best AIO 360mm water coolers is on-sale for $99. The EVGA CLC 360.

Unbeatable performance and price.

To take this to the next level, add 3 additional high static pressure fans and do a pull push config.

I am actually going to give some REAL cooling advice that will benefit all of you regardless of your skill level.

To take this to the next level, add 3 additional high static pressure fans and do a pull push config.

i have an associate code that will save anyone 10% on everything except Mobos and GPUs from EVGAs website. the code saves 5% on GPUs and Mobos. just enter it at the last page of checkout. PM me if you want it. im not gonna post it publicly because i dont know the rules here about doing that. if even this isnt allowed id be happy to delete this post. i dont want to break rules.

if you mean outright performance, sure it's the best.. if you mean the best 360 aio to own? fk no, that thing is a loud pos. it's performance is purely because it brute forces it's way to those numbers since there's nothing else to make it stand out over the other 5-10 standard asetek 360 AIO model's that are on the market. after you change the fans you're looking at a 130-140 dollar cooler which already makes it more expensive then a arctic freezer II 360mm that is better than it in every way.

also the rad's far too thin to make a push/pull configuration worth a damn.

I found someone with the CPU and will have the cpu on the 20th! w00t.. Will update this thread once newegg ships my maximus formula, and this cpu comes in.
That will be some serious upgrade given your current PC is 486DX2 66MHz...

shes here...
i9 10900k.jpg

amazon shows delivery of my motherboard in the next few hours... damn this is turning into a good day

terrible OCing cpu!! I cant even get 5gz stable @ 1.35v.... Been at this for hours now, and its past midnight, so ill keep trying for an OC tomorrow

terrible OCing cpu!! I cant even get 5gz stable @ 1.35v.... Been at this for hours now, and its past midnight, so ill keep trying for an OC tomorrow
What cooling solution do you use?
Also what AVX offset do you use for 5GHz?

Last edited:
Cool thread. I know a few [H] members on here that are waiting for this. Some reason some people just don't want to go AMD go matter what.
Off topic, but what is that device behind your Intel box in your picture? Is that a printer? Projector? Seems to be a ton of cables hooked up to it.

Cool thread. I know a few [H] members on here that are waiting for this. Some reason some people just don't want to go AMD go matter what.
Off topic, but what is that device behind your Intel box in your picture? Is that a printer? Projector? Seems to be a ton of cables hooked up to it.
its this .. ( https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Powe...qid=1590089501&sprefix=klipsch,aps,184&sr=8-1 ) it powers all my speakers and i have a 12" velodyne sub on the floor.. amazing sound!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
my z490i aorus ultra came today. still waiting on my APEX to ship but so is basicly every other actual customer who paid for one. my 10900k comes on tuesday. had to order from OCUK and get it shipped to the US. they had actual product instock on launch day. and was STILL cheaper than alot of places here wanted for preorders, they didnt even have.

my z490i aorus ultra came today. still waiting on my APEX to ship but so is basicly every other actual customer who paid for one. my 10900k comes on tuesday. had to order from OCUK and get it shipped to the US. they had actual product instock on launch day. and was STILL cheaper than alot of places here wanted for preorders, they didnt even have.

Did you get it running? How do you like it?

yeah, sorry, build is amazing. I've been involved with this build over on overclock.net. shamino helping us with custom bios'es to aide in fixing our issues with 4x8gb b-die clocking and board is really getting dialed in with his custom bioses. go read up on the threads over there for all the details.. amazing information will be had if you are planning on clocking 4x8gb dimms over 4000speeds

Did you get it running? How do you like it?

umm its my first gigabyte board/bios experience. its growing on me. im fairly happy with the chip. i have a kit of 3800cl14 gskill NEOs that i tuned up to 4500c18 and got up to about 34gb of bandwith. a geekbench3 score of just under 8000for memory multicore. the experts aim for 10,000. and thats no easy task. couldnt get this board past 4500 yet. have a few other kits i know are capable of going past 4500mhz.
5.1ghz all core and 4.4cache with 1.310vcore and 1.375vccio and 1.3vccsa. not the best, not the worst.

Well, this thread seems to answer the question as to whether or not these would be total vaporware the way the Core i9-10980XE is.

That's not advice that helps me at all... 360mm doesn't fit my itx case! I can barely fit my current AIO with the tubing, lol. I can't have a push pull setup either, to thick.
Btw, I do appreciate suggestions, just (jokingly) giving you a hard time since my desktop couldn't benefit from it.

That sucks, any luck with tweaking or just a crappy OC? Wonder if this is going to be the norm. At least the CPU is still pretty beast without a huge OC.

Well, this thread seems to answer the question as to whether or not these would be total vaporware the way the Core i9-10980XE is.
my local MC seems to have a pretty constant supply of all the chips......

my local MC seems to have a pretty constant supply of all the chips......
Where is this? lol The two distributors my company use haven't had stock of 10980xe CPU yet this year, the dates keep getting pushed back every week. I'd have ordered one already if they did, oh well not worth it at this point imo.

when i said all the chips, i meant comet lakes... not the HEDT stuff.

It was in stock at Newegg just now for like 30 seconds. :smuggrin: Hope it actually comes. Not sure if I'll keep it though.

Last edited:
I managed to get 1 from my local Microcenter recently. So far so good. Haven't had a ton of time to tweak it yet, but so far it's running stable at 5.1, and doing things like gaming or running Cinebench, temps have been good (mid 70s at most).

1592066362576.png
1592066946676.png

Coming from a 6700K, things are noticeably quicker. I'm sure the fresh Windows install helps too, but everything just feels very peppy.

So they are out there! I just happened to refresh the Microcenter page at the right time to reserve it, and picked it up the next day.

Last edited:
Nice! I went ahead and purchased an MSI Z490 Unify. I'm hoping for 5.1Ghz with decent voltages. It seems like that's the sweet spot before temperatures get out of control.

This rig may end up being short-lived if the Ryzen 4000 series turns out to be absolutely amazing. For the time being though, it'll be nice to move on from this i7-7820X. :)

Back