Hyundai SSD 120GB ! $15.99 w/ code GPC3 @ Rakuten

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I still see 16g flash drives for more than this. Lol, this is perfect for pretty much anyone in my family as a boot drive. With one drive and Google drive backing everything up to the cloud, I'm less concerned about drive reliability than I used to be.

Also available at that certain site if you want to see reviews too (though customer reviews really mean less and less these days). Seems to be reviewed decently, but maybe some QC issues, number of reviews mention failures, but that's true for most drives (even higher-tier ones), so it may still be an extremely small percentage overall.

These drives remind me of PNY's CS900 line (around the same pricing too), which I'd likely trust more than this one. I know the CS900 is DRAMless, I'd assume the same of the Hyundai at this price level. Not a big deal if the majority of your use case is reads and a non-full drive.

Also available at that certain site if you want to see reviews too (though customer reviews really mean less and less these days). Seems to be reviewed decently, but maybe some QC issues, number of reviews mention failures, but that's true for most drives (even higher-tier ones), so it may still be an extremely small percentage overall.

These drives remind me of PNY's CS900 line (around the same pricing too), which I'd likely trust more than this one. I know the CS900 is DRAMless, I'd assume the same of the Hyundai at this price level. Not a big deal if the majority of your use case is reads and a non-full drive.
I agree I wouldn't use these for anything serious. For a console speedup I think they are (probably) good enough.

The car company makes SSDs?

If this surprises you, I bet you didn't know that Samsung builds Skyscrappers and Theme Parks, Cars, Helicopters and Tanks among other things that would blow your mind.

Samsung Heavy Industries

Ships, particularly, specialized vessels for use in the oil and gas industry; wind turbines

Samsung C&T

Skyscrapers, civil engineering projects, apartment complexes, clothing

Samsung SDI

Consumer and industrial batteries, other ESS (energy storage system) components, and components for LCD screens, OLED screens and photo-voltaic panels

Samsung Display

Displays for mobile devices, TVs and other products

Samsung Biologics

Bio-healthcare products

Samsung Bioepis

Biosimilars

Samsung Medison

Ultrasound devices and other medical equipment

Renault-Samsung

Originally Samsung Motors, but aquired by Renault Group from the Samsung Group in 2000. But the latter retains a minority stake of about 20 percent in Renault-Samsung, and allows the use of the Samsung name by Renault as part of an agreement.

The car company makes SSDs?

Hynix (a contraction for Hyundai Electronics) has been manufacturing electronics since 1983, and is one of the biggest DRAM suppliers to ODMs, integrators, and resellers across the globe...

What would you use a 120gb ssd on? I'm out of loop and don't know

Boot drive for a Plex server running Windows 10

plex-drives.jpg

I hope you got some robust backup for all that media.
Looks good!
only backup is the smaller old drives, so I'll probably lose half of the media on a drive if it dies. Need to re-organize and make copies of my favorite shows and movies

only backup is the smaller old drives, so I'll probably lose half of the media on a drive if it dies. Need to re-organize and make copies of my favorite shows and movies
Time to jump on one or two of those BB external deals and backup everything and keep one on-site and one off and rotate them. (y)

Side note, Hyundai makes good stuff, my 2003 Accent has 203K miles on it, still going strong.
Hyundai really changed their image with the Gensis coupe. That was the turning point when car enthusiasts even gave them credit as the Gensis coupe would rival the Nissan counterparts for a lot less money.

This pic from when I visited Korea still cracks me up though--"oh no! A Hyundia police car is after me! :eek: Just floor it, we'll be fine." :ROFLMAO:
i-h6QBNjz-M.jpg

Trying to find the endurance is a PITA.

Best I could find, although I'm not sure if these TBW figures are accurate.

Screenshot_20191121-174739.png

Back