HyperX Sets DDR4 Overclocking World Record at 5608MHz

cageymaru

Fully [H]
HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company Inc., today announced its Predator DDR4 memory was used to set a new overclocking world record for the fastest DDR4 memory frequency at 5608MHz. The record was set by overclocker "TOPPC" of MSI using a single HyperX Predator DDR4 8G module on an MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC. A sample Predator DDR4 module was used in this overclocking world record. New 8G modules are scheduled to launch in Q2 2019 in kits of two, at 4266MHz and 4600MHz. HyperX DDR4 modules are backed by a lifetime warranty.

"The Predator DDR4 lineup caters to the next generation of PC enthusiasts looking for the best possible performance from their system," said Kristy Ernt, DRAM business manager, HyperX. "Our HyperX engineers continue to focus on improving high-speed yields to get faster products in the hands of our customers and push previously unattainable performance records."

The thought ocurred to me to think up some "funny" value for what the CAS latency might have been. But I would not have guessed as high as 31 off the cuff.

Engineering sample CPU might be worth to note.

The thought ocurred to me to think up some "funny" value for what the CAS latency might have been. But I would not have guessed as high as 31 off the cuff.

Engineering sample CPU might be worth to note.
Really you didn't think it could be over 9000!

Whenever I see a record like this, I immediately want to know the timings:

31-31-31-63-3

While they may seem pretty high, I remember seeing CL42 or something with slightly lower speeds. So this does look like quite a nice overclock.

My first thought and what type of impact is that going to have on any CPU oc.
Well looking at the detail the CPU was running on only 1 physical core at 816 MHz.
Whenever I see a record like this, I immediately want to know the timings:

31-31-31-63-3

While they may seem pretty high, I remember seeing CL42 or something with slightly lower speeds. So this does look like quite a nice overclock.
That command rate. I wonder if the throughput at that speed would make up for the latency. But we won't see any benchmarks because the point of this press release was just the final speed number to get the HyperX brand name in the press.

Back