HyperX Releases High-Capacity DDR4 SODIMM Line

HardOCP News

[H] News
HyperX®, a division of Kingston® Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of higher-capacity additions to its HyperX Impact DDR4 SODIMM family. HyperX Impact is now available in single 16GB modules and 32GB kits of two or 64GB kits of four, in 2133MHz and 2400MHz frequencies. The larger module and kits allow faster gaming and improved workstation performance.

The new higher-capacity modules and kits join previously released HyperX Impact DDR4 SODIMMs in 4GB and 8GB modules and in various dual-channel kit configurations up to 16GB. Voltages are set at 1.2V and XMP ready, and upgrading is effortless as plug and play functionality is designed into every module to automatically overlock within the system speed allowance, eliminating the need for manual tuning.

16GB DDR4 sodimms?

Maybe I'll finally be able to get 32GB of ram in a laptop (with 2 sodimms) without going to the ultra expensive workstation models.

I'd like to see some atx sized boards use this memory and maybe free up some space for more m.2 slots and such.

I'd like to see some atx sized boards use this memory and maybe free up some space for more m.2 slots and such.

I agree with that, but while we're at it, why not make it all sodimm instead? Should have done that years ago.

And why not have stacking m.2 slots? Why not stack a lot more components?

I agree with that, but while we're at it, why not make it all sodimm instead? Should have done that years ago.

And why not have stacking m.2 slots? Why not stack a lot more components?
you mean sodimm on mATX and not across the board right? Because that would be dumb if sodimm was on desktops and servers.

you mean sodimm on mATX and not across the board right? Because that would be dumb if sodimm was on desktops and servers.

Why? You'd have the following benefits;

Standardised ram modules = cheap memory. It's currently dumb to manufacture different sockets and sized pcbs to do the same thing. Hell, we could have had memory sockets on both sides of the board.

More space on the board for other features.

performance....capacity. Both would take a hit going with sodimms for everything. Find me a sodimm that matches desktop performance with no cons and i will take smaller dimms but thats not possible.

find me this in a sodimm today...not 10 years from now when it can be manufactured at that size.

• DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
  • Timing 14-14-14-34

1. Give me ranges that are within the ddr4 standard first.

2. They're all just memory chips. I'm sure if notebooks had the demand they'd fab them with those higher yield chips, or just up the speed as those 2400 sodimms most likely have the ability to clock higher, but for notebook compatibility, don't. Notebook limitations is why they don't exist.

3. If they started replacing with sodimms years ago, we'd have those speeds on them right now, (demand). Again, notebook limitations. Are there even notebooks that use out of standard ddr4 modules?

1. Give me ranges that are within the ddr4 standard first.

2. They're all just memory chips. I'm sure if notebooks had the demand they'd fab them with those higher yield chips, or just up the speed as those 2400 sodimms most likely have the ability to clock higher, but for notebook compatibility, don't. Notebook limitations is why they don't exist.

3. If they started replacing with sodimms years ago, we'd have those speeds on them right now, (demand). Again, notebook limitations. Are there even notebooks that use out of standard ddr4 modules?

thats my point. having sodimms on desktops is fucking stupid.

my laptop has 16gb ddr3x1333 gskill ram, it came with 1600 but the hm87 chipset only supports 1333 so I changed it. read the specks on your chipset before you change things that won't help

Back