HyperX Alloy FPS Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the HyperX Alloy FPS mechanical keyboard posted today at Real Hardware Reviews. How was HyperX's first attempt at a mechanical keyboard? Hit the link to get all the details.

The HyperX Alloy FPS is a well built, accessory packed entrance into the world of mechanical keyboards. Cherry MX keys and portability are a plus. Lack of dedicated media keys, wrist rest, and a price similar to its better spec'd competitors leave the Alloy FPS fighting an uphill battle.

I want to love this keyboard, especially learning it has blues (I thought it had reds), but as the author of the article states, the price is kinda high. In that price range, there are a LOT of comparable keyboards with more features. I'm sad that Kingston made the decision to make their entry into the keyboard market a bit overpriced.

I have used both I a twisted ansi that died due to heat death, and they use key button to push down a solenoid to generate a impulse of current, other than having separate units that are wired to a control board how are they really different than the plastic board that keys depression solenoids on, other than the flexible plastic can twist the solenoids out of position? My current keyboard has about an extra five or so characters that are not printed on keys and have to remember what keys are which but I am writing in Cyrillic, Latin, kanji and kanna so that is not surprising. I am waiting for someone to build a key board that displays the current keyset so I can swap and instead trying to remember which language has that extra character that did not fit in the standard language set, so you have five or six loaded to speak in one language... I designed one but I simply had too much on my plate to try and make money building them. Control how much pressure by using an air shock like in car lift kits, or high performance cars normal shocks, or use springs. But projecting the characters on the bottom of pieces of clear acrylic would give people much more useful key boards.

Back