hyper 212+ or corsair h50 in a antec 1200 case?

jjolin

Gawd
:confused:In my rosewill case I had a hyper 212+ on my 1090T cpu. The temps were a little warm at 4ghz so I bought a used h50 online. With that cooler and 2 yates the temps were pretty much the same. I know I installed it right and I used all kinds of thermal paste with the same results.

Now since I am getting a new motherboard and the antec 1200 case today, I have been wondering what I should use. The antec case will have massive airflow which I think would be better for the 212+.

Can I get some opinions please?

what temp did you get with the hyper 212+? i was getting 42 max at 4.0GHz on a 1090T system

I
what temp did you get with the hyper 212+? i was getting 42 max at 4.0GHz on a 1090T system

Was hitting the 60c under load but that was with a rosewill case and a crappy motherboard with a .08 vdroop. And I'm correcing both of those problems today. Think ill just go with the 212+. I think it'll cool better in my case and with the asus m4a89gtd will solve the vdroop problem. And that's adding 10c to what coretemp reads like I'm suppose to do cause the temps it shows are low

Last edited:
I think you will be happy either way. I swapped out my TRUE120 for my H50 setup and didn't really notice any change in cpu temps. The only nice thing about the H50 is that it exhausts all the hot air directly outside the case and doesn't block the side fan, if you were planning on it putting on there. I use the side fan to help cool my 2 GTX460s and since the 1200 has a filter on that blow hole there to keep the dust out it doesn't make a mess out of the case.

My temps max out at 56c when running IBT. I would say the H50 is a good upgrade if you're using a stock h/s & fan. It's more of a lateral move if you are already are using good aftermarket cooling.

well, the antec twelve hundred really cooled my cpu. with the rosewill gaming case, even with its 4x 120mm and side 200mm fans, with my h50, hit 62c at 3.8ghz. With my antec twelve hundred case, and my hyper 212+ i get 56c at 4ghz.

I use a 212+ on a 1090T @ 4GHz 1.4v With the single stock fan set to silent in the BIOS I was reaching close to 70c. Adding a second 120mm fan I had sitting around dropped the temps by over 11*c with Prime95 bringing temps up to 59* max.

My rear fan is also a pretty crappy fan that exhausts basically nothing, so that is another issue. I'm going to replace the two CPU fans and the exhaust with Noctuas. I should see a nice drop in temps hopefully.

That seems a little off if your 212 and h50 are getting the same temps. I know the 212 is a good cooler, but I've never seen it close to the h50, megahalems, thermalright ifx-14 or any of the higher end air cooling. lol Maybe your 212 is from heaven or something

Back