Hyer v to VMware Exange networking issues

srfc1901

n00b
Hi,

I migrated an Exchange hyper v vm to vmware using vmware converter, the first time was a hot clone and the 2nd time
was a cold clone, both times I ran into the same issue,initially I used the vmnet 3 adapter and installed vmtools
the network connection icon at the bottom with a blue circle as if its trying to install a driver, I removed that
and used the e1000 adapter to rule out any driver issues ,eventutally the drive installed for this automatically
and displays correctly in device manager, but it still has the blue circle every time I start it up and I can't see
any network connections / adapters. I ran some fixes below which allowed me to see the connection / adapter and set the IP but when I reboot the connections are gone. The network list service doesn't start (says that it takes too long) and
the same as the network connections service. Some of the Exchange services hang on starting but I think that I
need to get the networking sorted first. The server is powered on but the network connection is disconnected so
that it doesn't affect the original Exchange server that is currently running in production. There are no hidden
networking devices in device manager. Anyone have any recommendations, This is the 8th server that I've converted
this week (no others were Exchange ), all using the same process and this is the only one causing issues.

Uninstall the adapter from the server in Device Manager, then remove it from VMware, and add a new one. Don't bother trying to get the existing one working.

Back