Hybrid Hydrostatic Transmission And Human Safe Haptic Telepresence Robot

HardOCP News

[H] News
This haptic telepresence robot is pretty damn neat. Well, until it becomes self-aware and holds your family hostage before deciding to terminate every one of us. Think I'm kidding? Watch the way it hits that little girl in the face repeatedly with those stick like weapons. ;)

Looks like they have Disney on board. Hate to see one of these hunting at Disney World for prey.

So this means chuck e cheese is getting better animatronics in the future?

so... I'd say lag would be a total killer in this application. The person controlling it better be close by.

I find it funny that you're so suspicious of robots, when they're harmless. The dangerous thing is the risk of an emergent self-programming AI, without that robots are just toys.

So all this time we thought Google was Cyberdyne, when really it is Disney that will kick off armageddon.

So all this time we thought Google was Cyberdyne, when really it is Disney that will kick off armageddon.
Don't piss of Mickey!

47860.jpg

I dislike when the term robot is used for this type of machine. None of it is automated, there's no AI being displayed here. It's just a pneumatic/hydraulic remote controlled machine.

Using the same logic this should be considered a robot:
C10586282.jpg

Back