Hwow to open a CUE, BIN file without burning the BIN file?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there any software that can open a CUE, BIN file.

I need a software to open this CUE and BIN file to extract it to a hard drive.

CUE file is just a text file, relatively meaningless in the big picture. The BIN file is the actual data content. You can use a tool like DaemonTools - a virtual CD/DVD application - to "mount" the BIN/CUE (they typically work together) as an accessible drive and then copy the data off as required.

ImgBurn can burn the BIN/CUE stuff as required - that's one reason it's a good idea to keep CD-RW and DVD+RW media around just in case you need to do this just temporarily.

You can use any virtual drive program (DaemonTools, Alcohol 120%, clonecd) or an iso/bin extractor/converter (ISOBuster, Winiso, MagicISO, Ultra Iso).

Also if you ever need to extract an iso file, 7zip or winrar can do it quickly with the 'extract here' or 'extract to folder' windows shell extension (right-click menu). I wish they would add bin extraction, but I suppose they'd have to assume it's a binary image and not a single file.

Eh, Daemon Tools has gotten worse. Can't mount from a network drive without errors, bundled toolbar, etc. I've found that Virtual Clone Drive (now by the same guys that do AnyDVD HD) is much better albeit simpler.

No, its a known (yet not acknowledged) issue. Just search their forums for mounting from a network share or something similar.

CUE file is just a text file, relatively meaningless in the big picture. The BIN file is the actual data content. You can use a tool like DaemonTools - a virtual CD/DVD application - to "mount" the BIN/CUE (they typically work together) as an accessible drive and then copy the data off as required.

ImgBurn can burn the BIN/CUE stuff as required - that's one reason it's a good idea to keep CD-RW and DVD+RW media around just in case you need to do this just temporarily.

CUE files are rather important for audio though if I remember right. You can space the songs with the CUE sheet. But yeah it doesn't contain the actual files.

Back