Hutzy XS — Ultra Compact Gaming Case (<4L)

Hey, I get the draw- even Intel's GPUs are enough for quite a bit, and I do figure that there'd be some in-between that'd be effective. But you could certainly go smaller that this case for that, if small is your goal.

What about "lower version" for PicoPSU only? :)
It can be 3.27L (181 x 99 x 181). The smallest possible size for ITX+GPU.
Config example: 6700/7700 (65W) + 1050Ti + PicoPSU + M.2 SSD.
Very good for fullhd gaming.

What about "lower version" for PicoPSU only? :)
It can be 3.27L (181 x 99 x 181). The smallest possible size for ITX+GPU.
Config example: 6700/7700 (65W) + 1050Ti + PicoPSU + M.2 SSD.
Very good for fullhd gaming.

Maybe after the current case version comes out. I personally think this case is plenty small enough and hahutzy would be able to sell more cases with this current version.

The point of the Hutzy XS is to create the smallest VR capable computer case. A 1050Ti is at the very limit of this. A 1060/480 or a 1070/Vega would be more adequate for this. And as such, requires a more beefier PSU. That being said, I think tests were done with a HDPlex 250 and it could handle a 1070. But I would fell more comfortable to use a Flex ATX. More bang for buck and higher Watts to assure stability. And on the plus size, once GPUs use even less power, using a PicoPSU will be more of a sure thing( In my view) which will give the ability for 2 X 2.5 using a PicoPSU instead of just 1 with a FlexPSU. But if you make it smaller, then you're most likely removing that option which I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants that option.

And tbh, removing the option to use a Flex PSU and a second hdd for the sake of making the box 0.72L smaller is a bad trade off in my view.

I always thought that the biggest compromise for this case was that the max graphics card length meant you can never use a top tier graphics card.....UNITL NOW!
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10947/zotac-announces-geforce-gtx-1080-for-miniitx-pcs
Can you believe it at GTX 1080 that is under 7 inches!
Am I missing something, or is this the bee's knees, the cream of the crop, the cat's pajamas of graphics cards AND it will fit in the HutzyXS!

The point of the Hutzy XS is to create the smallest VR capable computer case. A 1050Ti is at the very limit of this. A 1060/480 or a 1070/Vega would be more adequate for this. And as such, requires a more beefier PSU. That being said, I think tests were done with a HDPlex 250 and it could handle a 1070. But I would fell more comfortable to use a Flex ATX. More bang for buck and higher Watts to assure stability. And on the plus size, once GPUs use even less power, using a PicoPSU will be more of a sure thing( In my view) which will give the ability for 2 X 2.5 using a PicoPSU instead of just 1 with a FlexPSU. But if you make it smaller, then you're most likely removing that option which I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants that option.

And tbh, removing the option to use a Flex PSU and a second hdd for the sake of making the box 0.72L smaller is a bad trade off in my view.

I'm going to use a R9 Nano(175W) for mine but I have a 6700T processor(35W), also the HDPlex 250W just got replaced by a 300W. http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-300W-Hi-Fi-DC-ATX-Power-Supply-16V-24V-Wide-Range-Voltage-Input.html

I always thought that the biggest compromise for this case was that the max graphics card length meant you can never use a top tier graphics card.....UNITL NOW!
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10947/zotac-announces-geforce-gtx-1080-for-miniitx-pcs
Can you believe it at GTX 1080 that is under 7 inches!
Am I missing something, or is this the bee's knees, the cream of the crop, the cat's pajamas of graphics cards AND it will fit in the HutzyXS!

It's about the same length as their 1070 mini so it'd be around 8.2 inches not 7.

So, you think they got it wrong in the article when they said it is just over 17cm in length? I guess maybe they were just talking about the length of the PCB, not the whole card. It's misleading because it says that the cooling solution is longer than their 1070 mini right before it says that the whole graphics adapter is just longer than 17cm.

Last edited:
So, you think they got it wrong in the article when they said it is just over 17cm in length? I guess maybe they were just talking about the length of the PCB, not the whole card. It's misleading because it says that the cooling solution is longer than their 1070 mini right before it says that the whole graphics adapter is just longer than 17cm.

The PCB alone might be 17cm, but the cooler overhangs quite a lot on both, the 1070 is 210mm total. And from the comparison image from this article they should be about the same length.
1070vs1080_back.jpg

its definitly not a short card. we at least have 1070 that is mini and a amd nano 480 . at one time we had none of these choices. i am just gratefull for the companys that make it possible for us to have small systems that can also be used to game with

I'm going to use a R9 Nano(175W) for mine but I have a 6700T processor(35W), also the HDPlex 250W just got replaced by a 300W. http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-300W-Hi-Fi-DC-ATX-Power-Supply-16V-24V-Wide-Range-Voltage-Input.html
Say what know? They replaced the 250W with the 300W? At 94% efficiency, it's good enough for me. But there's one more problem. It's more expensive then a Flex PSU and that doesn't include the brick yet. :-S

Hahutzy, hurry up with that sweet case. I just bought my computer during after Christmas sales and right now I'm running my new computer on my desk with no case. It's just resting a an old StarCraft II box. Couldn't wait. lol! I even borrowed a PSU from work until I figure out what I'm gonna do for my PSU.

Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
Intel i5-6500
Corsair Vengeance 2 X 8GB 2400
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
EVGA GTX 1060
BenQ GW2765HT

This is what's waiting for it. Still need to by my Nortua NH-L9i. Hoping for a deal ... one day before I get the case.

Yes, it appears the Zotac 1080 Mini is 210mm, which is a whole 33mm longer than the Hutzy XS supports. But it's a step in the right direction. Now that Zotac has blazed the trail, I am hoping Gigabyte will release a proper ITX 1080. And then who knows, maybe one day we will witness the miracle of a 7" 250W card.

that card is matx, hutzy's case isn't. its something new using a matx mobo as a base. these USFF builds all cant be jammed with the same stuff a full tower can. there has to be compromises somewhere. otherwise they'll just have to keep adjusting the case to fit what everybody wants, it will balloon in size and nothing will ever get released.

that card is matx, hutzy's case isn't. its something new using a matx mobo as a base. these USFF builds all cant be jammed with the same stuff a full tower can. there has to be compromises somewhere. otherwise they'll just have to keep adjusting the case to fit what everybody wants, it will balloon in size and nothing will ever get released.

The PCB itself looks to be 7", it's just the cooler is longer than the board. As QuantumBraced said Gigabyte could release one thats actually 7" total(like they did with the 1070).

then it would have to be fatter and that would prob cause an issues too. the card they designed is within the matx spec, this case isn't. you cant always get what you want...

Was in the market for a SFF build 12 months ago and made a custom loop Ncase builld.

But seeing this has inspired me to make a living room gaming PC!

Cannot wait to purchase...

I probably will not be getting this PC case only due to the lack of Flex-ATX psus, lack of quality <40 mm height cpu coolers, and the fact that I already ordered the Dan A4. That being said, if this case sells well, I could easily see this being the Ncase M1 of UCFF cases!

I probably will not be getting this PC case only due to the lack of Flex-ATX psus, lack of quality <40 mm height cpu coolers, and the fact that I already ordered the Dan A4. That being said, if this case sells well, I could easily see this being the Ncase M1 of UCFF cases!

What exactly would even compete with it in the UCFF market?

Hahutzy

I wonder as to a (slight) redesign…

Reducing overall height, by switching from the Flex-ATX PSU, to the G-Unique PSU…?

I really, Really, REALLY like the looks of this chassis, going slightly smaller could only make it better…!

M.2 only is alright with me…!

What exactly would even compete with it in the UCFF market?
What I meant was that the Hutzy XS would be the start of a possible UCFF craze, kind of like how the Ncase M1 sparked huge interested in the creation of more enthusiast, truly SFF cases. If the Hutzy XS gains decent publicity in the tech media press, popular YouTube channels and tech forums, I could see more Flex-ATX psus coming about.

Boil I personally still would rather have the FLEX-ATX psu as DC board and power brick setup is really expensive. I do not know how much smaller the case would get with just M.2 support (with the Flex-ATX psu).

Hahutzy

I wonder as to a (slight) redesign…

Reducing overall height, by switching from the Flex-ATX PSU, to the G-Unique PSU…?

I really, Really, REALLY like the looks of this chassis, going slightly smaller could only make it better…!

M.2 only is alright with me…!

It sounds like you are describing the Korkin case...

What I meant was that the Hutzy XS would be the start of a possible UCFF craze, kind of like how the Ncase M1 sparked huge interested in the creation of more enthusiast, truly SFF cases. If the Hutzy XS gains decent publicity in the tech media press, popular YouTube channels and tech forums, I could see more Flex-ATX psus coming about.

Boil I personally still would rather have the FLEX-ATX psu as DC board and power brick setup is really expensive. I do not know how much smaller the case would get with just M.2 support (with the Flex-ATX psu).

From what I have read over on the threads that cover the G-Unique PSU (here & over at SFFN), the cost would actually be rather similar…

It sounds like you are describing the Korkin case...

That is where I learned of the G-Unique PSU, but I prefer the aesthetics of the Hutzy XS…!

If you include the Dell power-brick, it pretty much would be near identical volume wise vs a FLEX-ATX psu support Hutzy XS. I kind of want a Flex-ATX psu option, just so consumer FLEX-ATX psu options may increase (more than just FSP). It would be nice to get FLEX-ATX options from Silverstone or Corsair!

I just discovered this thread. Im on the wait list for a NFC S4 Mini...but if this is available first, i'll definitely get this. I've already got all my PC parts, just spread on the desk...really need to get it in a case

Nice work!

Edit: i'll be using an HDPlex 300

Last edited:
above comment is BS! don't come into another builders thread and tell them youre waiting for the other guys product. its like walking into a ford dealership just to tell them you going across the street to buy dodge, wtf is the point?!

above comment is BS! don't come into another builders thread and tell them youre waiting for the other guys product. its like walking into a ford dealership just to tell them you going across the street to buy dodge, wtf is the point?!

I get what you're saying, but it isn't really, at least if Bugster is being truthful about just finding about this case. This stuff happens.

Jesus christ, this is a forum, we have discussions. I have no intentions of crapping on anyone's thread! Im praising the guy and saying i want to support him by buying his product! I also have an order open for a Sentry case, does that make me a horrible person? Many people have many computers!

Reactions: D10S
like this
Wow! Way to go for being a total a$$ Pendragon1. I think everyone here understood what he meant except for you. Seriously ... not cool on your part saying a comment like that.

You're right, it is weird that my card's core is ~860 even though it's advertised to have a base of ~1070 Mhz.

I'm going to have to investigate why that is. I do not currently have a reasoning for this discrepancy.

The only thing I can reassure you on is that I did not limit/boost the card in any way, whether through software or vbios.

Any news on this? I still wonder about the source of that "throttling" and I think you should solve this before showing off those low temperatures of your case.

You might have starved the GPU from power with too long and low quality riser, or you could've broken the weld points on its power section. We've had such problem in early days of the project with similar cheap riser and the cards that pulled most of the power from pci-e slot were unstable or ran pwr capped like in your tests.

Can Hahutzy team up with Necere and release this case under the NCase brand, as the M1 Mini or something. It does seem like a natural step down from the M1 for people who want the smallest case possible while retaining a discrete GPU and minimal overclocking. Then we can have Lian Li manufacture it with aluminum and the same design language as the M1. Could benefit all parties.

NCase M1 mini does have a nice ring to it. Of course, it would be up to hahutzy whether or not hes okay with collaborating with NCase

Back