Hunter Killer Flying Robot of Death

Lol, interesting but for best effect they should have rigged up a nitrogen powered BB pistol.

Interesting idea, but yeah, fireworks look a bit hard to aim from that thing.

This is the kind of shit that is going to have the federal government clamp down on it in no time flat.

This is the kind of shit that is going to have the federal government clamp down on it in no time flat.

Not untill someone see's this then gets the dumbass idea to put a .22 or larger caliber weapon on it at which point it becomes a weaponized UAV and there is only one purpose for something like that and the government will step in. I would immagine you could still put a paintball gun or air rifle on something like this and not break any laws ( I think ).

Not untill someone see's this then gets the dumbass idea to put a .22 or larger caliber weapon on it at which point it becomes a weaponized UAV and there is only one purpose for something like that and the government will step in. I would immagine you could still put a paintball gun or air rifle on something like this and not break any laws ( I think ).

When people start using this for nefarious means and to stalk people or use it as an assassination tool, then it will happen. Or they will preempt any of this with FUD and nip it in the bud now.

I guess the only usable projectile on this is the roman candles? heh I thought it was pretty funny, the camera on it is pretty useful. Wonder how much editing they had to use?

Yeah I think homemade & armed UAVs probably already exist, but people are smart enough "not" to post about them on the web. And since we're talking about it... Say someone does use one as a weapon against someone else, what's the Govt going to do... Ban all servos and hobby engines/RC controllers? Hahha, I mean, will a kid going to buy a remote controlled car be put on some kinda watch list?

And for the record... A 70lb RC airplane is a weapon by it's self... No projectiles needed. You get hit by a 70lb RC plane traveling at 100+ mph and you're probably not going to walk away from it.

This video is awesome! Love the music in it.

ps. I swear i've seen video out there of an RC helicopter that had a pistol of some sort mounted to it. It was pretty sweet.

2009 Official

Academy of Model Aeronautics

National Model Aircraft Safety Code

Effective January 1, 2006

GENERAL

1. A model aircraft shall be defined as a non-human-carrying device capable of sustained flight in the atmosphere. It shall not exceed limitations established in this code and is intended to be used exclusively for recreational or competition activity.

2. The maximum takeoff weight of a model aircraft, including fuel, is 55 pounds, except for those flown under the AMA Experimental Aircraft Rules.

3. I will abide by this Safety Code and all rules established for the flying site I use. I will not willfully fly my model aircraft in a reckless and/or dangerous manner.

4. I will not fly my model aircraft in sanctioned events, air shows, or model demonstrations until it has been proven airworthy.

5. I will not fly my model aircraft higher than approximately 400 feet above ground level, when within three (3) miles of an airport without notifying the airport operator. I will yield the right-of-way and avoid flying in the proximity of full-scale aircraft, utilizing a spotter when appropriate.

6. I will not fly my model aircraft unless it is identified with my name and address, or AMA number, inside or affixed to the outside of the model aircraft. This does not apply to model aircraft flown indoors.

7. I will not operate model aircraft with metal-blade propellers or with gaseous boosts (other than air), nor will I operate model aircraft with fuels containing tetranitromethane or hydrazine.

[B]8. I will not operate model aircraft carrying pyrotechnic devices which explode or burn, or any device, which propels a projectile of any kind.[/B] Exceptions include Free Flight fuses or devices that burn producing smoke and are securely attached to the model aircraft during flight. Rocket motors up to a G-series size may be used, provided they remain firmly attached to the model aircraft during flight. Model rockets may be flown in accordance with the National Model Rocketry Safety Code; however, they may not be launched from model aircraft. Officially designated AMAAir Show Teams (AST) are authorized to use devices and practices as defined within the Air Show Advisory Committee Document.

9. I will not operate my model aircraft while under the influence of alcohol or within eight (8) hours of having consumed alcohol.

10. I will not operate my model aircraft while using any drug which could adversely affect my ability to safely control my model aircraft.

11. Children under six (6) years old are only allowed on a flightline or in a flight area as a pilot or while under flight instruction.

12. When and where required by rule, helmets must be properly worn and fastened. They must be OSHA, DOT, ANSI, SNELL or NOCSAE approved or comply with comparable standards.

RADIO CONTROL

1. All model flying shall be conducted in a manner to avoid overflight of unprotected people.

2. I will have completed a successful radio equipment ground-range check before the first flight of a new or repaired model aircraft.

3. I will not fly my model aircraft in the presence of spectators until I become a proficient flier, unless I am assisted by an experienced pilot.

4. At all flying sites a safety line or lines must be established, in front of which all flying takes place. Only personnel associated with flying the model aircraft are allowed at or in front of the safety line. In the case of airshows or demonstrations a straight safety line must be established. An area away from the safety line must be maintained for spectators. Intentional flying behind the safety line is prohibited.

5. I will operate my model aircraft using only radio-control frequencies currently allowed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Only individuals properly licensed by the FCC are authorized to operate equipment on Amateur Band frequencies.

6. I will not knowingly operate my model aircraft within three (3) miles of any preexisting flying site without a frequency-management agreement. A frequency-management agreement may be an allocation of frequencies for each site, a day-use agreement between sites, or testing which determines that no interference exists. A frequency-management agreement may exist between two or more AMA chartered clubs, AMA clubs and individual AMA members, or individual AMA members. Frequency-management agreements, including an interference test report if the agreement indicates no interference exists, will be signed by all parties and copies provided to AMA Headquarters.

7. With the exception of events flown under official AMA rules, excluding takeoff and landing, no powered model may be flown outdoors closer than 25 feet to any individual, except for the pilot and the pilot's helper(s) located at the flightline.

8. Under no circumstances may a pilot or other person touch a model aircraft in flight while it is still under power, except to divert it from striking an individual.

9. Radio-controlled night flying is limited to low-performance model aircraft (less than 100 mph). The model aircraft must be equipped with a lighting system which clearly defines the aircraft's attitude and direction at all times.

10. The operator of a radio-controlled model aircraft shall control it during the entire flight, maintaining visual contact without enhancement other than by corrective lenses that are prescribed for the pilot. No model aircraft shall be equipped with devices which allow it to be flown to a selected location which is beyond the visual range of the pilot.

FREE FLIGHT

1. I will not launch my model aircraft unless I am at least 100 feet downwind of spectators and automobile parking.

2. I will not fly my model aircraft unless the launch area is clear of all individuals except my mechanic, officials, and other fliers.

3. I will use an effective device to extinguish any fuse on the model aircraft after the fuse has completed its function.

CONTROL LINE

1. I will subject my complete control system (including the safety thong where applicable) to an inspection and pull test prior to flying. The pull test will be in accordance with the current for the applicable model aircraft category. Model aircraft not fitting a specific category shall use those pull-test requirements as indicated for Control Line Precision Aerobatics.

2. I will ensure that my flying area is clear of all utility wires or poles and I will not fly a model aircraft closer than 50 feet to any above-groundelectric utility lines.

3. I will ensure that my flying area is clear of all nonessential participants and spectators before permitting my engine to be started.

Specialized Documents:

Radio Control Combat (#525)

General Radio Control Racing (#530)

Giant Scale Radio Control Racing (#515-A)

Gas Turbine Operation (note: Special Waiver Required) (#510-A)

Park Flyer Safe Operating Recommendations (#545)

First Person View (FPV) Operations (#550)

These special codes and appropriate documents may be obtained either from the AMAWeb site or by contacting AMA Headquarters.

Gotta love the power of Mega Man 2. Despite how old that game is, it finds its way in everything.

2009 Official

Academy of Model Aeronautics

National Model Aircraft Safety Code

[rules that no one pays any attention too deleted for brevity]

These special codes and appropriate documents may be obtained either from the AMAWeb site or by contacting AMA Headquarters.

Yeah, and the AMA has about as much legal authority as the American Kennel club. don't show up to an AMA event with a 5 watt blue laser attached to your RC helo, and your golden. just be careful smokeing squirrels. squirrels are mean.

you say that now the FAA is using the AMA rule set to set new rules for RC aircraft
the NPRM (Notice of Proposed Rule Making) is due out this summer and implementation of the changes won't be far behind

OH also the AMA rules are based on the current FAA rules for model aircraft
wile the AMA cant do any thing its shit like this that could get FPV kill for hobbyists

Back