cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Hunt: Showdown 2.4 update is now live and it adds a ton of new features and performance enhancements. The number one performance enhancement is the addition of new graphics options including resolution scaling. Resolution scaling allows text to still be scaled at the system's default resolution, while the game's rendering resolution scales to the power of the user's system. Of course users are going to have to experiment with settings.

The game includes a new Nagant M1895 Officer Carbine pistol with an extended barrel to allow new players access to other weapons than the Winfield rifle. There is a new Specter 1882 Compact shotgun with a wider spread, but shorter usable distance. Last of all the new Crossbow Shotbolt shoots an exploding shotgun shell that can penetrate walls as it detonates in a cone. There are a ton of new features so make sure to read the patch notes!

With this update we wanted to provide more settings for players to use in order to tune their performance with specific focus on GPU. In this patch the graphics options were extended to let players set the quality of different rendering groups such as post-processing and object quality as well as introducing some new features that can benefit GPU performance overall. The larger of the new features is the introduction of resolution scaling. It is likely that users who are limited by their GPU can get significant gains by down scaling the rendering resolution while retaining their video resolution.

I love the gameplay, but I need more targets to go for. While I understand there is a lot of gameplay based around avoiding/fighting/defending against other players I would love to see new bosses and maps come. I am sure with the content being rolled out they are working to do just this. I get the feeling that they are far from done with what is in the game. As it sits this is how a early access should be handled. They put out a rather polished game with fun gameplay, and then take all the feedback and continue to improve, adapt, and update the game.

I love the gameplay, but I need more targets to go for. While I understand there is a lot of gameplay based around avoiding/fighting/defending against other players I would love to see new bosses and maps come. I am sure with the content being rolled out they are working to do just this. I get the feeling that they are far from done with what is in the game. As it sits this is how a early access should be handled. They put out a rather polished game with fun gameplay, and then take all the feedback and continue to improve, adapt, and update the game.

Concept is fun but the gameplay is damn repetitive, spending 30 minutes to possibly see someone else is not overly exciting, put in a 5 v 5 swap shootout where one group is trying to raid a building while other defends would be a nice change

Roadmap is here.

They game will be in Early Access for another year or so. The one thing they are doing, which is amazing, is that Crytek is very much listening to the community and making changes all the time. I think this is the true essence of an Early Access game. It is more than just a beta test, it is the community helping shape the game.

Concept is fun but the gameplay is damn repetitive, spending 30 minutes to possibly see someone else is not overly exciting, put in a 5 v 5 swap shootout where one group is trying to raid a building while other defends would be a nice change
This comes down mostly to whether you are playing aggressively or not. If you want PvP, many times it is on your to go get it. If you go out with a Hunting the Hunters attitude, you can scroll up PvP rather quick.

Back