Hunt: Showdown - Free Weekend - 20% Off - Game Key Raffle

Demo video looks good. I'll probably try it out this weekend - plus name in the hat for code!

Was this heavily discounted during the summer sale? Anyone remember?

Demo video looks good. I'll probably try it out this weekend - plus name in the hat for code!

Was this heavily discounted during the summer sale? Anyone remember?

It was the same price for the Steam Summer sale.

My 1080ti will enjoy being fully utilized again...

Oh, it'll be fully utilized... This game, fun as it is, is not optimized very well yet. My 970 at 1080p all low settings struggles to maintain 45 fps.

Oh, it'll be fully utilized... This game, fun as it is, is not optimized very well yet. My 970 at 1080p all low settings struggles to maintain 45 fps.
It is on the Crytek roadmap to move it to Vulkan as well as a couple of rounds of continuing optimizations.

Free to play is like a crack dealer they get you hooked on the game and then you get addicted enough to BUY and never give up! ;) I have done that a few time. Damn i wish I had more money...to many game i want to buy right now. Having 4 kids and the 5th on the way kinda kills your budget. I might have to try it out anyway this weekend.....when the kids are asleep.....

Great.... free weekend just when I don't have internet access... :(
The game looks great and has been on my wishlist for a while. Here's hoping that I win a key!

I've seen the livestream links, just haven't watched one, but I now have the game installed and ready to go. I've watched a couple videos to get an idea of what I'm getting into.

*In for raffle*

I played a few games last night:

1. Got shot and died 2 minutes in.

2. Played with someone new but helpful. Died from dogs I think. (don't melee the dogs)

3. Rando partner was a weirdo with no mic, he just ran off and I never saw him again. I killed as many mobs as I could before getting killed.

4. Met a decent new player, we got pretty far, but got killed by other players.

5. Another rando with no mic, but this guy was semi decent. Somehow we got to the end after another team banished the spider. The banish team lost one of their hunters so there was half a bounty for me to take. My partner died, then I killed 2 (or 3) enemies trying to get my bounty - revived my partner and made it to extraction. This boosted my dude from level 1 to level 9 - this is a very fun game once you figure out what you can and can't do and what to be careful of.

The proximity audio is a trip - I tried to ambush some dudes and it's just weird and cool to hear them talking to you as you're trying to kill them. They killed me.

Performance is not too bad on a 4.8Ghz 7700k / 1080Ti @ 1440p - it ran semi decent on 3 screens, but I switched to single screen and I'm getting 80-90fps

I've been interested in this but haven't yet pulled the trigger. This may be a good weekend to try it out and heck, a free key from a raffle is always a nice opportunity!

Do wish they had a Linux client though; based on UE4, it should be possible with relative ease.

Im in the Discord all by my lonesome. About to fire the game up for the first time.

I played 5 matches tonight. First 4 quick deaths, 3 deaths to pve monsters and one a sniper shot to the head. No clue where it came from. Finally the last game was more fun. Killed, banished and walked away with the spider bounty. Killing a few hunters along the way.

I bought it a few months ago, but have only played a few times. I should fire it up again.

A fun game, and a very playable frame rate for me when system spec set to low (recommended by the application system test).

With System Spec set to Low (V-sync on) I get 60 FPS using an i7-4770k @4.1 GHz all-cores and an overclocked GTX 1070. The monitor is an 60Hz 1440p.

The MSI Afterburner reports GPU core clock around 1962 MHz in game and GPU utilization around 90%. The GPU fan is only on 39% at 74 C as to be somewhat quiet.

Edit: Version of Hunt is v0.353
Lol no way in hell I bother with a game if I had to set it to "low" lol....if my 580 can't run med high setting it's getting uninstalled pretty quick....which hard members are available to walk the noobs thru s first couple of games?

I played for like 6ish hours. Awesome game. Playing the same exact thing over and over might get old... when they have more maps and tons of different contracts this game will be baller as hell.

So... I left the game open after the free weekend expired and it still lets me play...

I won? I won!!
First off I'd like to thank God, and baby Jesus. Also my family for their suppo... what, no speech needed? But I got all dressed up and everything.

PM sent, Thanks Kyle & Crytek.

From a scenery perspective, the game looks interesting. I just don't know about playing against other people, mostly b/c i suck at pvp (which seems to be a huge part of the game)

From a scenery perspective, the game looks interesting. I just don't know about playing against other people, mostly b/c i suck at pvp (which seems to be a huge part of the game)

Depends on how you want to play it, there is almost always other teams on the map but you dont have to go looking for them. I prefer stealth and ambush if I have to. I've played a few games that I never encountered another player.

Played my first match. Killed another team, burned myself to death with a lantern, all in all a great time

Played my first match. Killed another team, burned myself to death with a lantern, all in all a great time
Hehe, they have changed the burn time in the latest update on test so that should not happen easily again. Glad you had a good time. :)

WhyGrimWhy just carried me with 5 kills on the test server. Two bounties back to back.

20180817231835_1.jpg

Back