Hunt: Showdown - Free Weekend - 20% Off - Game Key Raffle

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Hunt: Showdown is the best PC game I have played in years. I have over 350 hours in it since it went Early Release. It is a combination PvP, PvE, monster hunting, player hunter, try to get out alive game. It is free to play for the next 3 days and is 20% off to boot. It will likely be the best $24 you ever spent on a game. It uses Crytek's latest CryEngine, and if you have the GPU to push it, it is simply a visual feast for the eyes. Crytek has made constant updates and additions to the game based on the community's feedback, so if you have not played it in a while, a lot of things have changed. I will warn you though, the gameplay is fairly hardcore. When you die, you lose your Hunter, and all his equipment. The permadeath aspect of the game injects a huge sense of paranoia through the entire round of gameplay. It is certainly not for everybody. Playing Hunt successfully is also tremendously reliant on your headset. The game will push your CPU, your GPU, and your sound configuration. We do have an official [H]unt Discord set up as well.

If you want, check out the tutorial below that will give you the lay of the land and a good bit of insight to what Hunt: Showdown is all about.

TUTORIAL

Hunting for sport is child’s play. This is a different kind of game, one with high stakes and even higher rewards. You will face creatures that want to gorge themselves on your flesh and devour your soul.

Everything and everyone is against you - even the earth itself. Make one mistake, and you will die in filth, forgotten. Succeed, and the bounty and the glory will be immense.

Crytek has given us two Hunt: Showdown game keys to give away. We will do a raffle next Monday randomly drawn from this HardForum thread.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that I've never queued up with you kyle, I got almost 200 hours now. Are you US east or west?

I agree that this is one of the best game I've played in years.

I'm surprised that I've never queued up with you kyle, I got almost 200 hours now. Are you US east or west?

I agree that this is one of the best game I've played in years.
I generally play East, but I hardly ever play randoms.

Family is away for a few more days...kids 9 and 5. Finally getting my game on this week. Will try this out.
Even setup my 3 sensor oculus setup and going to town. Dont get to play much with them around.

Is this the entry thread for the giveaway? I'd love to try this game out. Pick me! :p

Is this the entry thread for the giveaway? I'd love to try this game out. Pick me! :p
Yes....and it is FREE PLAY right now through the weekend, hence giving the keys away on Monday.

This game is so fun. It captures that creepy, icky feeling in such a realistic feeling. I feel like this place could exist somewhere in Louisiana. The gunplay is solid, the reliance on audio is something I wish more games were half as good at pulling off as Hunt. You will hear an enemy before you see them 90% of the time. If you see them before you hear them, chances are you're too late.

My only complaint is that the game is not well optimized. I'm running a Strix 970, and have the game on 1080p low settings and can barely manage 45 fps most time, with dips to and below 30 in really swampy and dense areas.

Is playing with randoms bad? Obviously playing with people you know is better, but is this game particularly bad with randoms?
It is like any other game, sometimes awesome, sometimes suckass. Hunt has in-game proximity comms. Meaning that the other players can hear you if they are close enough, and also if your teammate gets far enough from you, you can't hear each other. Same applies to text messages in-game. I highly suggest using discord if you can.

Is playing with randoms bad? Obviously playing with people you know is better, but is this game particularly bad with randoms?

The couple of times I've queued with randoms, it's been fine. Several of them are now on my friends list. I've yet to have a teammate without a mic, but that's probably more dumb luck than anything else.

Looks like the steam sale ends monday 10am PST. Any chance the drawing could happen before then so those of us who dont win can still take advantage of it?

Huh....the bloodlines is an interesting game-play idea. Is it a first?

The couple of times I've queued with randoms, it's been fine. Several of them are now on my friends list. I've yet to have a teammate without a mic, but that's probably more dumb luck than anything else.
I actually have a few guys that I play with that I met through random play.

I need a new multiplayer game. Finally something that isn't some cartoon looking crap.

Cool raffle.(y)

I've been looking at this with some interest but haven't bit yet - Will definitely give it a try over the weekend to see what all the hype is about.

Definitely going to check this out during the free weekend, thanks for the heads up!

Going to try it out. Can't fathom how I'm going to fit another game in my life. Although, I do have 9 days off starting this weekend. :cool:

Oh that is sweet, can't wait to give this a try!

Anyone have some good, short tips for anyone who has never played this before?

Oh that is sweet, can't wait to give this a try!

Anyone have some good, short tips for anyone who has never played this before?
Headshot everything. Shooting center mass will get you killed.

The Butcher's right shoulder is his crit spot. His head is fake and takes no damage.

Might be worth a spin. Hope my GTX1060 can push it well enuff @ 1440p seeing as how ryno9100 says a 970 struggles @ 1080p. Thx for the shooting tips Kyle. Throw my hat in for the draw ...

Might be worth a spin. Hope my GTX1060 can push it well enuff @ 1440p seeing as how ryno9100 says a 970 struggles @ 1080p. Thx for the shooting tips Kyle. Throw my hat in for the draw ...
See if you can find someone to play with that has been in before to show you the ropes.

I was on the fence thinking it might be better to wait until it's a bit more finished, but I'll try anything for free.

Free Stuff?!? Tell me you also have government cheese........Kyle you ever try this with VorpX?

I'm here for the comme... oops, raffle.

brian-wins-a-raffle_o_247310.jpg

I need a new multiplayer game. Finally something that isn't some cartoon looking crap.

Cool raffle.(y)

This, I absolutely hate the games with cartoon graphics, I have no idea why fortinite is so popular with the young kids, but they can have it.

Sign me up to the Raffle please Mr. Kyle. I watched on of your hunt showdown streams a couple weeks ago, and thought it was cool. Looking forward to trying this game out for free.

This game needs something with it's optimization. 1440p = ~28FPS...1080p = ~100FPS...makes no sense.

I'm definitely trying it this weekend. Kyle has done a great job getting me interested over the past few months (y)

This game needs something with it's optimization. 1440p = ~28FPS...1080p = ~100FPS...makes no sense.
What video card? Maybe tapping your VRAM limits?

I play at 3440x1440 with everything maxed and I see 50-70FPS on a 1080ti.

Back