Hunt: Showdown (Crytek multiplayer survival shooter)

I got 12 prestiges's in .. was level 34'ish trying to get another one in, but I didn't have the time nor the skill to get there ... :(

20190823144019_1.jpg

170FPS?

What future hardware sample did Intel give you? :p

(or are you playing at 1080P?)

I get average of 72FPS with a 2080 at 3440x1440.

What does prestige do for you? I picked up this game. Seems like a pretty weird game. anyone still playing?

What does prestige do for you? I picked up this game. Seems like a pretty weird game. anyone still playing?
My friends and I still play. Definitely BEST coop with friends! I played for about five hours yesterday with my buds. Made it to bloodline 30 from 0 - first time I’ve played after the full reset when the game went live.

They’ve got a glitch they need to work out with the new three players mode. You have three players but only 4 bounties. So not every player can pick up two bounties. I had one bounty. The three of us had a great round. We killed 7 players and killed both bosses and went to exit. I was lagging behind on the way out and didn’t exit with my buddies. They exited right before I got there. Since I exited solo I only got credit for the single bounty I carried vs the clean sweep or grand slam that our team actually did. That seemed lame.

A prestige is like a call of duty prestige. It just resets everything. It’s for a player who has unlocked everything but wants to start all over. The Prestige notation acknowledges that choice.

I really enjoy the game. The audio with headphones due to the binaural recording the devs did is amazing! The graphics are great. The gameplay is fantastic! Just a great co-op team experience!

Last edited:
My friends and I still play. Definitely BEST coop with friends! I played for about five hours yesterday with my buds. Made it to bloodline 30 from 0 - first time I’ve played after the full reset when the game went live.

They’ve got a glitch they need to work out with the new three players mode. You have three players but only 4 bounties. So not every player can pick up two bounties. I had one bounty. The three of us had a great round. We killed 7 players and killed both bosses and went to exit. I was lagging behind on the way out and didn’t exit with my buddies. They exited right before I got there. Since I exited solo I only got credit for the single bounty I carried vs the clean sweep or grand slam that our team actually did. That seemed lame.

A prestige is like a call of duty prestige. It just resets everything. It’s for a player who has unlocked everything but wants to start all over. The Prestige notation acknowledges that choice.

I really enjoy the game. The audio with headphones do to the binaural recording is amazing. The graphics are great. The gameplay is fantastic!

yeah the audio's pretty nuts.. just started playing this morning since one of my co-workers got the game even though i've had it for a while(just didn't have anyone to play with).. enjoying the game so far though, sadly US west is a ghost town in the mornings when i get off work so we kept getting put in empty servers but i understand the game way better now because of it, lol.

170FPS?

What future hardware sample did Intel give you? :p

(or are you playing at 1080P?)

I get average of 72FPS with a 2080 at 3440x1440.
2080 TI at ~2000MHz - 8600K at 5.2GHz
Graphics all at High with DoF and Motion Blur off at 1440p.
In game with more geometry on screen it runs 120 to 130fps.
Crytek's engine likes CPU clocks a lot and at least 6 cores.

yeah the audio's pretty nuts.. just started playing this morning since one of my co-workers got the game even though i've had it for a while(just didn't have anyone to play with).. enjoying the game so far though, sadly US west is a ghost town in the mornings when i get off work so we kept getting put in empty servers but i understand the game way better now because of it, lol.
I play on US East with my friends grouping 2 and 3 are near instant queues.

I don't know if it's me or US west .. but my ping was all over the place the other day .. I'm usually mid 50's, low 60's and I was over 100 and I think I hit 200 briefly .. shooting hell hounds and it took forever to register and I was like , "what the heck?" .. seems back to normal today.

I'm not a big fan of the new UI update .. seems catered to consoles or something .. but I'm getting used to it (what else are yuh gonna do?) .. gameplay is rock solid though. They haven't fixed my aim yet though .. maybe in later patches? :p

Game finally lauched today Steam has a big Splash page with 8K+ player maybe a new high.
8K Griefers. Legends of the Bayou DLC is out probably won't pick it up as little as I played the game.

Last edited:
Are the steam reviews complaining about graphical downgrades for launch right? I sure hope not as this has been sitting in my catalogue for launch and graphic candy goodness.

Are the steam reviews complaining about graphical downgrades for launch right? I sure hope not as this has been sitting in my catalogue for launch and graphic candy goodness.
Graphics look the same to me. When 1.0 hit they reset your graphics settings to low and you just need to change them back to be whatever you had them set to previously. Maybe people are too derp to figure that out.

I've almost purchased this game a number of times, but I pretty much stopped buying any sort of early access games and a lot of the recent reviews I read spoke about how the only people left playing the game were 5000-hour diehards that you'd end up matched against as a newbie. It will be interesting to see if the population flourishes or not now that it's been officially released.

This guy's first impressions video (from November 2018) was highly entertaining:

How often do you die? And what are the consequences? Does it kill your character, or is it just that your time is wasted?

How often do you die? And what are the consequences? Does it kill your character, or is it just that your time is wasted?

when you first start playing your first 11 ranks(not character levels) you get character protection so you don't lose it.. after rank 11 any character that dies and isn't revived before extracting dies permanently which makes the game fun because there's a ton of risk/reward. your character levels up super fast so there isn't really that grindy feel but also forces you to decide if you want to do the objective, fight, or take your losses and extract to protect your character.

games fun as hell though, just got done playing like 8 hours with Kyle. so i'm addicted.. wish i had decided to play it sooner when i originally bought the game instead of waiting this long to play it.

Last edited:
when you first start playing your first 11 ranks(not character levels) you get character protection so you don't lose it.. after rank 11 any character that dies and isn't revived before extracting dies permanently which makes the game fun because there's a ton of risk/reward. your character levels up super fast so there isn't really that grindy feel but also forces you to decide if you want to do the objective, fight, or take your losses and extract to protect your character.

games fun as hell though, just got done playing like 8 hours with Kyle. so i'm addicted.. wish i had decided to play it sooner when i originally bought the game instead of waiting this long to play it.
it's been like digital crack for me ... a "frustratingly" good time :mad::cool:

I got a disconnect on USWest .. but otherwise has been good all day here

Is it just me or have the east coast servers been fucked up all day saturday.

wouldn't be surprised if either of their west coast or east coast servers are located in the same data centers as some of the wow servers and were being effected by the ddos attacks.

They rolled out a new client side update Friday. Make sure that is updated, but also worth going in and deleting your USER game cache in your team directory. I have seen that cause issues in the past. But I do know last week the East servers were not working well.

upload_2019-9-9_9-25-6.png

If I can ever get out of work :(

I'll join discord when I can, if you still need a battle buddy.

Kyle do you encounter more suspected cheaters since v1.0?

I do. To the point I’ve lost some enthusiasm with the game.
I’ll get head shot by a single bullet in cover from 80 meters away while I’ve not given away my position whatsoever.

I got killed from behind three trees joined at the trunk by a Party that had never seen me and was running the wrong way when I hid. Kill cam showed impossible.

I am an average player. Was about a 1:1 K/D ratio before the game went live. Now with v1.0 I’m a .5:1 K/D ratio. I don’t mind if players are just better, but I hate feeling cheated by impossible shots every other game.

I’ll get head shot by a single bullet in cover from 80 meters away while I’ve not given away my position whatsoever.

I got killed from behind three trees joined at the trunk by a Party that had never seen me and was running the wrong way when I hid. Kill cam showed impossible.

I am an average player. Was about a 1:1 K/D ratio before the game went live. Now with v1.0 I’m a .5:1 K/D ratio. I don’t mind if players are just better, but I hate feeling cheated by impossible shots every other game.

Is it legitimate cheats, or graphic downgrades to remove cover?

i haven't run into any my self.. maybe they're in the quick play shit which i don't play.

Is it legitimate cheats, or graphic downgrades to remove cover?
FWIW, I play on max settings.

I haven’t figured that out. To test I put my graphics down to absolute lowest settings and I could still see pretty much similar cover — in lower detail but still in place, but since there isn’t a proper kill cam relaying the last 5 seconds or so you can’t know if they could actually see you or not. I just know from my own vantage — my death too often seems an absolutely impossible shot. I see the similar complaints in the steam forums since 1.0 went live.

over 1K hours in and I can't say I've ever definitively encountered any cheaters .. I play solo though and am a sneaky mofo... and a horrible shot I might add :oops:

over 1K hours in and I can't say I've ever definitively encountered any cheaters .. I play solo though and am a sneaky mofo... and a horrible shot I might add :oops:

question, what is your typical gameplay loop as a solo? Do you hunt players, or monsters or what?

question, what is your typical gameplay loop as a solo? Do you hunt players, or monsters or what?
I go for the clues/bosses .. I don't hunt other hunters per say .. but will go after them if at the boss or coming after me. If you're noisy around me, I will position myself to try and take you out ..etc. I'll farm a bit going to and fro continually practicing headshots on zombies/hives/hell hounds... i generally use silenced nagant and winfield when they become available and pretty much stick to those weapons no matter what level I'm at .. grabbing the fanning trait before I'll get anything else if I don't already have it. I used to get concertina bombs all the time but now I prefer poison as it's quieter and takes out immolators real quick and pretty effective on the Butcher and Assassin.

Back