Hunt: Showdown (Crytek multiplayer supernatural survival shooter)

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
My machine - X99, I7-6950x (10 core/20 thread) O/C to 4.0Ghz, 4x4GB 16GB PC2400 DDR4 (Quad channel memory), 2080

My buddies machine (my old machine I sold him in 2013). X58, I7-920 DO O/C to 4.0Ghz (4 core/8 thread), 3x4GB 12GB RAM (Tri-channel memory(I dont remember the speed but DDR3)), 1080ti

Both of us have Alienware AW3418DW monitors. (3440x1440)

My framerate in Hunt with all settings maxed low 70s
His Framerare in Hunt with all setting maxed (except AA) (low 60s)

ha. We played together last night and I’ve been pondering this all day. That old circa 2008 I7-920 is a beast!!! That chip and motherboard has about the longest usable lifespan of any CPU in history. Makes me feel somewhat foolish for selling it to him 7 years ago and spending all the money along the way to have a 15% performance upgrade on the most graphically demanding game I own in 2020 ;)

Last edited:

Special.K

Weaksauce
Just started playing this game. I'm enjoying it but damn it's frustrating as hell. Can't remember the last time ive cussed so much at a game.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Just started playing this game. I'm enjoying it but damn it's frustrating as hell. Can't remember the last time ive cussed so much at a game.
It is not for the weak..... Downright brutal. I still love it, and I still suck at it.

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
I've got 1700+ hours of 99% solo time invested .. about to prestige for 27th time .. and still having fun

It's a frustratingly good time! :mad:

..and yeah, I still suck at it too

Aireoth

2[H]4U
How does this compare to Death by Daylight?
While I have not played death by daylight, i have watched it for a while. DBD is a asymetrical survival/hunter game where one player tries to wipe out the rest, while the rest run/hide with limited options to fight back.

Hunt Showdown is not really asymetrical, all players start with their loadout, a team (most of the time) and have the same objectives as several other groups on the map. its a PvP/PvE experience where you both manage other players (defend, hunt, whatever works for you) and hunt for the bosses on the map to collect their sweet occult juices for profit.

Special.K

Weaksauce
Just when I think I'm getting better I get mauled by 2 dogs and a zombie. Then my team mates leave me to rot lol.

And am I doing something wrong or is there a complete lack of ability to socialize in the game? Can't talk in lobby to plan at all. Short time before match, as far as I know you can't type before the match starts.

I understand the lack of in match scoreboard and not being able to talk while dead and stuff. But most the matches I feel like I might as well be playing with bots.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Just when I think I'm getting better I get mauled by 2 dogs and a zombie. Then my team mates leave me to rot lol.

And am I doing something wrong or is there a complete lack of ability to socialize in the game? Can't talk in lobby to plan at all. Short time before match, as far as I know you can't type before the match starts.

I understand the lack of in match scoreboard and not being able to talk while dead and stuff. But most the matches I feel like I might as well be playing with bots.
Get on the Hunt discord to coordinate games and make sure folks have mics. Much easier that randos.

Last edited:

Comixbooks

Ignore Me
It's Hardcore when you sync in the game you dont know what to expect unless you know the maps.

SOAREVERSOR

Limp Gawd
My machine - X99, I7-6950x (10 core/20 thread) O/C to 4.0Ghz, 4x4GB 16GB PC2400 DDR4 (Quad channel memory), 2080

My buddies machine (my old machine I sold him in 2013). X58, I7-920 DO O/C to 4.0Ghz (4 core/8 thread), 3x4GB 12GB RAM (Tri-channel memory(I dont remember the speed but DDR3)), 1080ti

Both of us have Alienware AW3418DW monitors. (3440x1440)

My framerate in Hunt with all settings maxed low 70s
His Framerare in Hunt with all setting maxed (except AA) (low 60s)

ha. We played together last night and I’ve been pondering this all day. That old circa 2008 I7-920 is a beast!!! That chip and motherboard has about the longest usable lifespan of any CPU in history. Makes me feel somewhat foolish for selling it to him 7 years ago and spending all the money along the way to have a 15% performance upgrade on the most graphically demanding game I own in 2020 ;)
Not that I'm knocking the CPU (I ran a 2600k into the ground same way) but you're looking at this wrong. At that resolution you are GPU bound, especially in Hunt which is GPU hungry. I don't really get much variation in frame rates on hunt no matter the right I'm using (2600k + 1080, 7700k + 2080, 9900k + 20080 super) on a similar ultrawide ( I have the LG version).

On the other hand the difference is SHOCKING on a 1080p 240hz monitor in games that really need to go that quick. At that point, those old CPUs show their age really damn quick. We're really at the point where you sort of pick your game and monitor and build around that.
Get on the Hunt discord to coordinate games and make sure folks have mics. Much easier that randos.

this, nobody uses in game in voice in anything really, any game will ahve a discord, go there and the quality becomes much better

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
OMG, just had the best single player game I have ever had....and I have over 1000 hours.

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
OMG, just had the best single player game I have ever had....and I have over 1000 hours.
lol .. like a giddy little school girl .. you can't come in here with a statement like that and then just leave us hanging .. :nailbiting:

Special.K

Weaksauce
Did everyone quit playing after the new patch or playing the trials? I can hardly find a group anymore...

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
I play solo on USWest and running into other teams/solo players like normal

Jon855

[H]F Junkie
I need to play more of this - I've not played much lately, or if any... We've got a Steam [H] group, don't we?

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
With influx of players .. I'm having to be extra sneaky of late .. (solo player here)

Seems like every time I stop/slow down .. I hear creeping or just out and out sprinters running everywhere