Hunt: Showdown (Crytek multiplayer supernatural survival shooter)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by polonyc2, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

You are far too apologetic for the sad state of the servers.

I'm not even talking about server drops. I'm talking about the game simply not recording what you did.

2. SOAREVERSOR

SOAREVERSOR [H]Lite

It's an early access game, this is to be expected. Also everyone is dealing with it.

3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Cool game but I suck at it big time is first contact PVP or just hunting NPCs? I think I'll have my Steam friend to help me out before I'm down to zero cash.

Attached Files:

4. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

This game loads really slow even on a SSD due the the syncing of the game Warface is the same way takes alot of time to sync in.

5. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

So I did a mission with my steam buddy fun stuff didn't get the boss the map so dark but he knew his way though the entire map couldn't get my mic to work.

6. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

This game is hardcore when other players start whistling bullets past you =)

Attached Files:

7. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Extracted for the first time finally got some more Health bars it takes like 10 minutes for a game to start something is buggy. Still haven't killed a Boss...Originally this game was suppose to be a Left for Dead clone called Horrors if the Guilded Age.

Attached Files:

8. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Fought the Butcher didn't kill him but Killed the spiders collecting other peoples bounties is evil unless they killed them already.
    I was down to 6 cash but after two matches I'm back up to 700 took me a while to get used to the game I'm going to switch Shift close up aim to my side mouse buttons.

9. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Man this game is a griefer camper simulator but instead of respawning you are dead for good.
    People going all Call of Duty in this game they should have a single player mode but that would take out the fun.
    Still in early access anything can change.

10. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News Staff Member

Still loving it despite not getting a boss kill yet. Extracting is the name of the game for progression.

I would LOVE some kind of a co-op story mode, or an endless type mode without the PvP, just you and a friend creeping around the swamp

11. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I guess people camp the clue and boss spots with long rifles reap the gold and bounties I know that is what we did but we didn't CAMP =) This game gives you the same feeling as Dark souls PvP.

12. aeonrevolution

aeonrevolution 2[H]4U

Anyone playing this.....? I literally can't find a match.

I know its early but sheesh

13. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Yeah I think the servers are messed up I waited for like 6-7 minutes couldn't find anything.

14. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

surprised the game is still is having server issues. people were freaking out when battalion 1944 had issues for like 5 days. has performance gone up since the closed alpha?

15. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

16. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

so its going to remain cpu bound?

17. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

This game is still on top of my list for Fun Factor and originality good looking as well servers are hit and miss when I play population went way down which is a shame but maybe if they have a server browser that would be cool but a death trap at the same time.

18. ThreeDee

ThreeDee [H]ardForum Junkie

I'd like to get this game ..been watching twitch feeds of different guys.. but I'm not really setup to do co-op(no mic) and would probably just go it solo if I did get it...:(

19. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Hunt showdown goes Predator mode Hunters are being Hunted I wonder if this is along with PK.

20. aeonrevolution

aeonrevolution 2[H]4U

I really hope this game comes along. After spending 80% of the time sitting in menus not able to load in, or crashing, I'm gonna let it simmer a bit.

21. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Yeah unless I group with a Random or Steam Friend I'm out of luck.

22. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

Developer Update | Hunt: Showdown Performance Patch

23. Domingo

Domingo [H]ardForum Junkie

Just curious - anyone playing this with a gamepad? Is it feasible to play that way or are mice aimers going to annihilate you? These days I just can't bring myself to play with KB/M unless I have to.

24. Sprayingmango

Sprayingmango [H]ard|Gawd

The camping / griefing absolutely ruins the game for me and my buddies. We keep getting sniped / jumped and there is literally NO way of knowing if anyone is near you. It's incredibly frustrating to waste a half hour on this garbage when we could be playing something more fun and rewarding.

25. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

Is there a benefit to going after the bounty and trying to extract - as opposed to letting someone else do the hard work?

26. arentol

arentol 2[H]4U

As far as I can determine your first 3-5 matches with a new hunter should be spent working your way towards the nearest extraction, killing all the zombies and getting all the clues you can along the way... But entirely foregoing the bounty in favor of surviving long enough to level up a few times so your hunter has something that vaguely resembles a chance in hell when you do finally encounter someone else or take on a bounty.

27. B00nie

B00nie [H]ardness Supreme

Wow that game looks incredibly bad. Just watched the live stream and at 10 seconds I had to close it lol.

28. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Game is designed to peeve people off.

29. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

No, actually it is really great looking. Livestreams tend to degrade game visuals as that is the nature of the beast. The game is really atmospheric and fun. I die way too often though.

30. B00nie

I was talking about the game itself. Crappy looking 'monsters' that keep flooding at you. Repetitive and boring, I wouldn't touch that game with a yard long stick. But then again most Crytek games are the same scripted shit.

31. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Game is incredible looking, and the gameplay kicks ass once you get past the learning curve IMO.

But you haven't actually played it, right? Just watched it for 10 seconds?

32. SOAREVERSOR

SOAREVERSOR [H]Lite

This game is mostly audio, it's very easy to hear where people are.

33. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Yeah I grouped with this guy on Steam he told me to connect to Steam's audio system so they can't hear you in game not sure if that works or not.

34. Kyle_Bennett

Audio is SO important. It is half the game.

35. Kyle_Bennett

Yeah, we use discord for comms. In the game, just like opponents, once you get far enough from your teammate, you can't hear him.

36. B00nie

I've hated every Crytek game so far and yes, I grew a major dislike in the first 10 seconds of the stream. It just screams boring scripted enemies and griiiind.

37. Kyle_Bennett

Glad to know you have an informed opinion.

38. B00nie

Yep that game stands for everything I don't like in a game. Playing against scripted enemies in a scripted game.

39. Kyle_Bennett

Your ignorance is showing.

ghostwich likes this.
  40. B00nie

LOL that was possibly the dumbest comment I've seen you make so far. Having a personal preference is not ignorant. I could as well laugh at you for being so excited about a product I consider boring due to having scripted repetitive actions and no human adversaries. But I didn't.