Hunt: Showdown 3.0 Update is Live

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Hunt: Showdown's 3.0 Update went live today. The headline feature of this patch is the new Lawson Delta map, which has officially entered beta status and should be available in the mission selection menu. Other highlights include a skill-based matchmaking system, a movement inertia system which should stop cheesy ADAD dodging, anti-teaming measures to make lobbies fair, weapon looting from dead players, and Nvidia Highlights support, along with a number of bug fixes and improvements.

Crytek already uploaded a trailer for the new map last month, and they went into a little more detail in the dev diary here.

With this update, we are introducing a number of core changes to player movement to counter some of the more dominant strategies players have come up with to dodge bullets or make it easier to charge in for a melee attack. Some of the changes might feel a bit sluggish at first and will require players to get used to them over a couple of games. We have tried to strike a good balance between the necessity of adding inertia to player movement, while at the same time keeping the feeling and walking speeds the same. Players can still perform the same trick jumps, quickly peak out of cover, or dash around the world as they are used to. Tell us what you think and if you feel these changes work or what you would like to see changed!

Why is this game so hyped on the [H]? Anytime there is so much as a patch revision it's front page news?

Why is this game so hyped on the [H]? Anytime there is so much as a patch revision it's front page news?

Because it is fun and made by Crytek (which is a company known to push pc limits to [H]ard levels).

Because I like the game, and I own the website. And it is a totally [H]ardcore gameplay that will make the weenies whine.

Screenshot from tonight.

20181115203749_2.jpg

I did learn tonight that I am CPU limited in this game with all the IQ turned on. Moved a 2080 Ti out of the box, and put in a 2080, and got exactly the same frames.

As a card-carrying Crysis fanboy, I love that Crytek is still active like this. And glad to see some attention paid here. I just wish Hunt had an SP component, even if limited.

As a card-carrying Crysis fanboy, I love that Crytek is still active like this. And glad to see some attention paid here. I just wish Hunt had an SP component, even if limited.
While no SP is planned now, they do have an upcoming Quick Play mode that will be here soon.

I have been playing on the test server for the past few weeks until 3.0 hit live. My current strategy is to just take a free man in and grab people's weapons. Last night I went from a winfield and machete to nagant and conversion uppercut.

I do agree a single player mode would be fun. Though it is really fun stalking someone following just based on the sound you hear and maybe the occasional muzzle flash to guide you.

I logged in the new map last week and some guy was stalking a clue position and BLAM BLAM two shotgun blasts and I was done with the new map.

I logged in the new map last week and some guy was stalking a clue position and BLAM BLAM two shotgun blasts and I was done with the new map.
LOL! Sneaky man keeled me!!!! Yep, the new map, or the old map, is not for you.

Back