Xara Photo & Graphic Designer
MAGIX Photostory Deluxe
Music Maker Hip Hop Beat Producer

$20:
Xara Web Designer Premium
MAGIX Vintage Effects Suite
VEGAS Pro 14 Edit
MAGIX Video Sound Cleaning Lab

Seems worth it for VEGAS Pro 14 Edit. If you want to have some video editing software on the cheap.

I only do a video or two a year, depending on who needs them. I know that Sony Vegas software used to be top notch back in the day. I don’t know if MAGIX has carried on the quality and feature-rich reputation of Vegas, but for $20 it seems like it would be worth it just to have on hand. The last version of Adobe Premier Pro that I bought was right before they went subscription based (version 6 I think), so does anyone have any experience / comparisons between the two products? I’d love to see some feedback if you do.

Vegas is a great “casual” editing program. It’s pretty straight forward and has a lot of community support behind it, it’s kind of like a cult film of the editing programs. I would recommend you check this video out:

It’s a pretty powerful tool, and for 20 dollars it’s a steal. Hope that helps!

I only do a video or two a year, depending on who needs them. I know that Sony Vegas software used to be top notch back in the day. I don’t know if MAGIX has carried on the quality and feature-rich reputation of Vegas, but for $20 it seems like it would be worth it just to have on hand. The last version of Adobe Premier Pro that I bought was right before they went subscription based (version 6 I think), so does anyone have any experience / comparisons between the two products? I’d love to see some feedback if you do.

Oh wow, this is for the Pro version. I’ve been using Movie Studio version for about 10 years. It’s been ample for me. Pro has some of more advanced features like Chroma Key, though they did start to incorporate into Movie Studio a couple versions ago. Plus Vegas Pro has better plug in support.

I also use Vegas (Movie Studio) for audio only editing. The timeline and multi track is very useful, plus you can output real AC-3 Dolby Digital.

Adobe has good products, but I been paying $50-$60 every two years for Vegas versus $20 a month every month for Adobe.

Just a heads up to Nvidia owners, Im pretty sure Vegas 14 still doesn't support Nvidia Cuda tech, it took Vegas 15 to address the issues. Other then that it's a nice video editing suite. If that's changed disregard;)

Vegas 14 is literally Vegas 13 with all references to Sony changed to MAGIX, not much else. Vegas 15 is where they actually started adding improvements versus the Sony era...

Oh wow, this is for the Pro version. I’ve been using Movie Studio version for about 10 years. It’s been ample for me. Pro has some of more advanced features like Chroma Key, though they did start to incorporate into Movie Studio a couple versions ago. Plus Vegas Pro has better plug in support.

I also use Vegas (Movie Studio) for audio only editing. The timeline and multi track is very useful, plus you can output real AC-3 Dolby Digital.

Adobe has good products, but I been paying $50-$60 every two years for Vegas versus $20 a month every month for Adobe.

It's Vegas Pro "Edit" which as I understand it is like Pro, but without the DVD Architect and disc authoring support.

It's Vegas Pro "Edit" which as I understand it is like Pro, but without the DVD Architect and disc authoring support.

I never was really happy with DVD Architect. It does the job, but was so so. The Movie Stufio version at least.

Vegas 14 is literally Vegas 13 with all references to Sony changed to MAGIX, not much else. Vegas 15 is where they actually started adding improvements versus the Sony era...

Exactly this!

edit: (its still a great value for decant software just not their best ATM:))

Last edited:
Went ahead and got it. I had Vegas 13 through Steam. $20, even if it is still Vegas Pro 13 will add some extra capability. For $20 if you have nothing, it's a great program if you put together any audio or video that requires multi-track or multi-channel (more then stereo).

Those download speeds though........

pMNMcnc.jpg

[
Went ahead and got it. I had Vegas 13 through Steam. $20, even if it is still Vegas Pro 13 will add some extra capability. For $20 if you have nothing, it's a great program if you put together any audio or video that requires multi-track or multi-channel (more then stereo).

I grabbed one too...:)

Is this more similar to the Pro versions? I know recent Movie Studio versions started to force a garbage tablet interface and had limited audio and video tracks. Does this version not have those limitations?

Also, how does the license work? Can we have it on two PCs? DRM scheme?

$20 for all that software sounds like a steal to me. Never used it; don't know if I ever will. But I got it! Nice little stocking stuffer for me. :asmile:

IIRC the only thing you are missing in the Edit version is the Disc Authoring and Some filters and Special FX plugins. If that is really important then you can get the whole thing for cheap by buying this bundle for $20 and then upgrading to for $199 for Pro or $299 for the Pro Suite.

I have a very, very old version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio that has DVD architect and some separate sound software. I use it very infrequently. Is this worth the upgrade?

IIRC the only thing you are missing in the Edit version is the Disc Authoring and Some filters and Special FX plugins. If that is really important then you can get the whole thing for cheap by buying this bundle for $20 and then upgrading to for $199 for Pro or $299 for the Pro Suite.

This was an unintended benefit. At least under Sony, they frequently offered half off or more discounts to upgrade to newer versions. This $20 will allow you to eventually upgrade to a new version for $150-$200 (or less maybe), which is good for a software that has large community support.

Back