Humble Monthly Bundle, XCOM 2 $12

-PK-

[H]ard|Gawd
You can get XCOM 2 for $12 through Humble Bundle Monthly until 10 AM PST Feb 3rd. Bundle includes a few additional games that unlock on Feb 3. You may cancel the subscription immediately after purchasing.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Just to note, this is a monthly subscription service.

Xcom 2 is an awesome game.

Yea, this is the 1st time I've really been tempted to sign up for the service. $12 for Xcom2, and if you look back at the previous months, there seems to be always 1 game I would be interested in.

You don't actually need to buy a whole subscription. Make a single payment, then cancel if you wish, as PK notes.. The only thing you have to do is be sure that you get your payment in prior to the next month's Bundle Release Date, which is usually in the first few days of the month; there's a countdown on the webpage typically. The big advantage going multi-months at once is a bit of saving, much like MMO subscription. Note that you can always manually pay for the next month in advance of the automatic sub payment and it will unlock the next month's Early Release game (in this case, XCOM) immediately.

I've been a Humble Monthly subscriber since the service's debut and I've been satisfied with its products and value. For a maximum of $12 a month, you always get a significant bundle of titles that have a much, much higher dollar value. Normally there is at least one "bigger name" title per month in excess of $20 and sometimes up to $40-60, several $5-25 titles, and Humble Originals/ Debut which are indie titles that release first/only on Humble Monthly and are in some cases partially funded by Humble's dev fund if I recall correctly. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Oh and don't forget that XCOM 2 is a Linux and MacOSX title too! If you have any interest in supporting Linux at all, I highly suggest that you always purchase from Humble (be it a Bundle, Monthly on on the Store) with your Browser's User Agent set to a Linux ID. This is what Humble uses to "qualify" as a Linux purchase, so setting your User Agent even if you're on another OS at the moment if you dual boot, run Windows at work etc...is beneficial There are many user agent switching addons, but at least for Firefox users I suggest "Random Agent Spoofer" - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-agent-spoofer/ - which contrary to its name, also allows you to select a particular user agent. For instance, I choose Firefox 51 on Linux, 64 bit. You can easily click back to your real user agent, or if you are interested in privacy upgrade the addon can add a whole bunch of them to combat fingerprinting such as randomly changing the agent. Chrome users may have something comparable.

Hope this helps!

that's a lot of BS to go through every time I want a bundle... no thank you.

you can get your xcom 2 steam key immediately and then cancel. it's definitely worth the 10 seconds it takes to do this.

Yea, this is the 1st time I've really been tempted to sign up for the service. $12 for Xcom2, and if you look back at the previous months, there seems to be always 1 game I would be interested in.
It is the best deal so far. I got it for $20-25 off one of the lesser known sites a few months back.

I am no fan of the subscription model either. I've never signed up and unless I can unsubscribe the same day, I probably never will.

Amazing deal. I wish I could pay to have my memory of the game wiped, so I could subscribe to this deal and play XCOM 2 for the first time all over again.

Amazing deal. I wish I could pay to have my memory of the game wiped, so I could subscribe to this deal and play XCOM 2 for the first time all over again.
I read that XCOM 2 has a decent mod scene. It may be worth revisiting with some of those mods enabled.

I read that XCOM 2 has a decent mod scene. It may be worth revisiting with some of those mods enabled.

Absolutely! Just like its preceeding title, XCOM: Enemy Within ( Enemy Unknown is the base game without the expansion pack, Enemy Within is the expansion which also adds features to the base game and extends it; it isn't a separate campaign that only comes "after" the base game or anything. You really only need to play Enemy Within to get the full XCOM1 experience.), XCOM2 has some notable mods. In fact, if I remember correctly the team behind the "ultimate" mod for XCOM1 "The Long War", which extends the game in a myriad of ways with tons of new features, has been releasing mods for XCOM2. In fact, XCOM2 "The Long War" mod made its debut relatively recently if I recall.

Here are some links to them, but don't forget that both XCOM:EW and XCOM2 both have Steam Workshop support, and you can always check www.nexusmods.com for both XCOM and XCOM2 mods as well.

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/games.htm ( links to both XCOM1 and XCOM2 LongWar mods. Apparently the studio that made them is making their first full fledged title soon)

Oh, some suggest that if you're going to play The Long War (for either game), either A) play the unmodded title first or B) be damn sure to turn on some of the "easy mode" options in The Long War / The Long War 2. By nature the mod campaign is much longer and much more difficult, but the mod devs helpfully allow you to turn down some of those features if you wish.

Edit: Oh, and besides the mod scene anyone who picks up XCOM2, if you like the game keep your eyes open for the "Reinforcement Pack" available on Steam. Its basically a "season pass" that grants you 3 pieces of DLC. Look to pick it up on sale perhaps, or through a 3rd party vendor which may let you get it for cheaper; I've seen it go for $13 and $8.99 before, if you want to get all of the official content.

Last edited:

It does, but aside from interface or tiny tweak mods, I'm generally not interested in total convertions or overhauls. I've got kids and a family so I don't have the time or energy to play games on uber difficult settings or 150 hour campaigns. Sucks for me.

It does, but aside from interface or tiny tweak mods, I'm generally not interested in total convertions or overhauls. I've got kids and a family so I don't have the time or energy to play games on uber difficult settings or 150 hour campaigns. Sucks for me.
Same. I tried Xcom 2 on normal and kept getting massacred so now one rookie I've only suffered a few deaths in ~2 dozen missions.
The hardest missions were when I unleashed an Avatar when there were many other hard enemies on the field or when it threw Sectopods and Gatekeepers at me when my weapons were not that powerful.
Now that everything is Plasma class, I can take out everything (although Avatars are still a PITA).

Just wanted to let everyone know that the rest of the February Bundle dropped today and includes the following....

Ryse: Son of Rome - Cinematic third person combat adventure / CryEngine demo. Normally $20.
ABZU - Atmospheric underwater exploration indie title, from the developer of "Journey" and "Flower". Normally $20
XCOM2 - The aforementioned core of this thread.. Normally $60. Linux and OSX supported SPECIAL NOTE - For Feb Monthly bundle owners, want the full XCOM2 experience? The "Reinforcement Pack", normally $20, is available through a special link on your Feb Monthly Bundle page, for only $8.99! Enjoy!
SteamWorld Heist - A unique turn-based strategy title with steam-powered robot space pirates; ricochet your shots properly to succeed! Normally $15 . Linux and OSX supported
OKHLOS - A unique pixel indie title where you form a mob of ancient Greek citizens and heroes to take down enemies - even the gods! Normally $13. Linux and OSX supported
Project Highrise - Simulation/management title for building and maintaining high rise architecture, along with all those who dwell inside - Normally $20. OSX supported. I hear Linux is coming soon, along with their Las Vegas expanssion.

Husk (Humble Debut title) - Released today on both Humble and Steam, this survival horror title seems inspired by Silent Hill on paper, but seems to have some pretty bad reviews so far. Give it some time or beware. $18 normally.
Hollow Knight (Humble Monthly Exclusive Sneak Peek) - A hand-drawn, "spooky-cute" aesthetic action-adventure "Metroidvania". The Sneak Peek version is an incomplete "demo" of sorts given freely to Humble Monthly first of all. Note that often the developers give Humble subscribers a discount when the full game is released when they offer Sneak Peek titles, and this is no exception - on your Humble Monthly page there will be a link to get the title with special bonusest in addition to your normal Humble Store 10% discount for being a Monthly subscriber! Linux and OSX supported according to preorder page.
Oh, Deer! (Humble Original) - An old school pixel-graphic SNES-era "Mode 7 style" driving game where you drift the family station wagon, go as fast as possible, and hit all of the deer in the road as you can! A little bit of crazy!!

So that's a pretty good haul and both dollar and quality wise, a nice set of software for (max) $12! They seem to be setting it up again for next month too as....

Total War: Warhammer (March Bundle EARLY ACCESS) - This is another high profile strategy title that normally costs $60 and you can get it as soon as you elect to pay for the Humble Monthly for March; even now, if you wished! Linux and OSX supported too! I bet they'll offer the DLC at a savings once March hits too. I'll probably think of making a March thread to advertise Warhammer, but I wanted to let everyone who bought for XCOM2 over the last month know the've got some new titles available! Enjoy!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the rest of the February Bundle dropped today and includes the following....

Ryse: Son of Rome - Cinematic third person combat adventure / CryEngine demo. Normally $20.
ABZU - Atmospheric underwater exploration indie title, from the developer of "Journey" and "Flower". Normally $20
XCOM2 - The aforementioned core of this thread.. Normally $60. Linux and OSX supported SPECIAL NOTE - For Feb Monthly bundle owners, want the full XCOM2 experience? The "Reinforcement Pack", normally $20, is available through a special link on your Feb Monthly Bundle page, for only $8.99! Enjoy!
SteamWorld Heist - A unique turn-based strategy title with steam-powered robot space pirates; ricochet your shots properly to succeed! Normally $15 . Linux and OSX supported
OKHLOS - A unique pixel indie title where you form a mob of ancient Greek citizens and heroes to take down enemies - even the gods! Normally $13. Linux and OSX supported
Project Highrise - Simulation/management title for building and maintaining high rise architecture, along with all those who dwell inside - Normally $20. OSX supported. I hear Linux is coming soon, along with their Las Vegas expanssion.

Husk (Humble Debut title) - Released today on both Humble and Steam, this survival horror title seems inspired by Silent Hill on paper, but seems to have some pretty bad reviews so far. Give it some time or beware. $18 normally.
Hollow Knight (Humble Monthly Exclusive Sneak Peek) - A hand-drawn, "spooky-cute" aesthetic action-adventure "Metroidvania". The Sneak Peek version is an incomplete "demo" of sorts given freely to Humble Monthly first of all. Note that often the developers give Humble subscribers a discount when the full game is released when they offer Sneak Peek titles, and this is no exception - on your Humble Monthly page there will be a link to get the title with special bonusest in addition to your normal Humble Store 10% discount for being a Monthly subscriber! Linux and OSX supported according to preorder page.
Oh, Deer! (Humble Original) - An old school pixel-graphic SNES-era "Mode 7 style" driving game where you drift the family station wagon, go as fast as possible, and hit all of the deer in the road as you can! A little bit of crazy!!

So that's a pretty good haul and both dollar and quality wise, a nice set of software for (max) $12! They seem to be setting it up again for next month too as....

Total War: Warhammer (March Bundle EARLY ACCESS) - This is another high profile strategy title that normally costs $60 and you can get it as soon as you elect to pay for the Humble Monthly for March; even now, if you wished! Linux and OSX supported too! I bet they'll offer the DLC at a savings once March hits too. I'll probably think of making a March thread to advertise Warhammer, but I wanted to let everyone who bought for XCOM2 over the last month know the've got some new titles available! Enjoy!

Pretty happy how this month paned out and instantly paid next month early for WH Total War! Been hunting a copy that comes with new graphics cards @ $25ish locally to no avail:)...

XCOM2 - The aforementioned core of this thread.. Normally $60. Linux and OSX supported SPECIAL NOTE - For Feb Monthly bundle owners, want the full XCOM2 experience? The "Reinforcement Pack", normally $20, is available through a special link on your

THANK YOU! I didn't even see the special offer on the Reinforcement Pack.

Back