Armenius

Extremely [H]
Surprised I have not seen this posted here, yet. It was announced late Friday during a time most things companies want to keep quiet are announced.

It's been sold to the public as have being bought by IGN, I guess to soften the blowback (it's a company that does gaming news and reviews, what can go wrong?). But IGN is part of the Ziff Davis media conglomerate, which itself is owned by J2 Capital.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/307546/Humble_Bundle_has_been_acquired_by_media_giant_IGN.php

http://gonewiththewin.com/why-humble-bundle-sold-out-itself-and-over-100-million-customers/

Make no mistake: they are after the non-anonymized data that Humble Bundle kept on its customers, and they're going to take advantage of the goodwill developed with the community at large in their business going forward. If you're a member of the EU I would take advantage of the laws available to you to find out what they have in their records and demand they delete it.

theres two other threads called "humble bundle gets bought acquired by ign" or such...

Make no mistake: they are after the non-anonymized data that Humble Bundle kept on its customers, and they're going to take advantage of the goodwill developed with the community at large in their business going forward. If you're a member of the EU I would take advantage of the laws available to you to find out what they have in their records and demand they delete it.

In an age where digital data can be copied easily with 2 or 3 button presses, I don't think governments forcing anyone deleting any data will ever result in the data being actually deleted.

theres two other threads called "humble bundle gets bought acquired by ign" or such...
Got links? I did a search of the entire forum before posting my thread, even just using the word "humble." "Acquired by IGN" is misleading, anyway, as I explain above.

yup those two links
"Acquired by IGN" is misleading, anyway, as I explain above.
i didn't make the titles...

upload_2017-10-17_11-34-55.png

Back