Humble Bundle Paradox - Strategy games galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubtleOne

Limp Gawd
The latest Humble Bundle weekly deal is up and for strategy fans it is really sweet:

The sponsor company is Paradox, makers of great strategy games (the greatest IMHO), and the initial offer is:

$1 for

Europa Universalis III Complete (I have been looking for a nice deal on this for some time, but this is better than anything I could hope for)
War of the Roses: Kingmaker
Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Leviathan: Warships
Dungeonland
The Showdown Effect

or pay more than the all-time average of $5.80 (as of this post) to unlock!

Crusader Kings II (this is an amzing game BTW)
Magicka

All games are for Steam.

Although almost all games are for both Windows and Mac, Crusader Kings II is for Linux also.

Last edited:
how long have these Humble Bundle deals been going on for and how come I never heard of it before the recent Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 etc Humble deal? :eek:

the prices are so low they are practically giving these items away

You can also pay $125 for 48 games and 20 soundtracks which don't appear to be individually listed on the humble bundle site.

how long have these Humble Bundle deals been going on for and how come I never heard of it before the recent Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 etc Humble deal? :eek:

Two years or so maybe? It's not a new thing, and there's been other non-Indie bundles too like the THQ bundle that had Saints Row 3, Darksiders, etc.

Yeah, but only assholes pay $1.

Yeah, but only assholes pay more then $1.

fixed

sorry but if you were being serious and trying to imply that because the $$ goes to charity that everyone should pay more then the required $$ then that is bogus...how do you know what charities people are donating to outside of this Humble Bundle?...my guess is most people are paying the $1 (or whatever the minimum amount is to buy the second tier of locked items/games)

fixed

sorry but if you were being serious and trying to imply that because the $$ goes to charity that everyone should pay more then the required $$ then that is bogus...how do you know what charities people are donating to outside of this Humble Bundle?...my guess is most people are paying the $1

Actually he was right, but not because of the charity thing (though it is a worthwhile consideration). Crusader Kings II is only about a year old and is a truly brilliant game.

I'll be honest, it was my first Paradox game, having read it was insanely fun and accessible. It does have a learning curve, and I recommend the YouTube play videos, but it alone justifies the extra $$. There is also the fact that one can reasonably expect a couple of extras in a few days, but getting the deal and missing out on CK2 is ridiculous.

My 2 cents.

Actually he was right, but not because of the charity thing (though it is a worthwhile consideration). Crusader Kings II is only about a year old and is a truly brilliant game.

I'll be honest, it was my first Paradox game, having read it was insanely fun and accessible. It does have a learning curve, and I recommend the YouTube play videos, but it alone justifies the extra $$. There is also the fact that one can reasonably expect a couple of extras in a few days, but getting the deal and missing out on CK2 is ridiculous.

My 2 cents.

It's easily the best game in this deal if you like strategy games. EUIII is good, but selling it to people who haven't played a Paradox title yet might leave a bad impression.

sorry but if you were being serious and trying to imply that because the $$ goes to charity that everyone should pay more then the required $$ then that is bogus...how do you know what charities people are donating to outside of this Humble Bundle?...my guess is most people are paying the $1 (or whatever the minimum amount is to buy the second tier of locked items/games)
Regardless of charity, you're screwing the devs and most of all you're screwing the Humble Bundle guys, who need to make some money to keep running these things. I don't give a hoot what charities you donate to... doesn't give you or anyone else the right to ruin a good thing by shortchanging the parties involved.

drako said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by polonyc2

Regardless of charity, you're screwing the devs and most of all you're screwing the Humble Bundle guys, who need to make some money to keep running these things. I don't give a hoot what charities you donate to... doesn't give you or anyone else the right to ruin a good thing by shortchanging the parties involved.

The fact that you can donate a measly 1 dollar begs to differ....

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Yeah, but only assholes pay more than $1.

fixed<snip>

So anyone paying the average to get the extra games is an asshole? Great logic there... :rolleyes:

Sure, you can pay/donate one dollar. But that doesn't mean you're not an asshole.

This.

Same people paying $1 and bitching about others paying too much, and raising the average, will be some of the first people bitching when these bundles disappear due to Humble not being able to cover their bandwidth - due to cheapskate assholes...

Well, seeing as the last one raised $10+ million and the games are downloaded through steam and origin, I think they've got their bandwidth bills covered. ;)

mesasone said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChedWick

The fact that you can donate a measly 1 dollar begs to differ....

Sure, you can pay/donate one dollar. But that doesn't mean you're not an asshole.

I didn't argue against that. Just the notion that you have no right to be an asshole.

A bit more on topic. If humble keeps pumping out all these awesome deals, I'm going to have to free up a lot more time.

This thread needs to be less about people who think you're a cheap ass if you only tip 15% at restaurants, and more about the games that are in this bundle

how long have these Humble Bundle deals been going on for and how come I never heard of it before the recent Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 etc Humble deal? :eek:...

Because yer a Lame-o?

(and no I didn't type all this out, just a copy and paste...)

My Humble Bundle purchases so far:

Humble Bundle for Android

Anomaly Warzone Earth, Anomaly Warzone Earth: Mobile Campaign, EDGE, Osmos, Toki Tori

Humble Bundle for Android 4

Avadon: The Black Fortress, Canabalt, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Eufloria HD, Splice, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Swords & Soldiers HD, Waking Mars, Zen Bound 2

Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle

Frozen Synapse, Jack Claw, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, SpaceChem, Splot Preorder, TRAUMA, Trine

Humble Frozenbyte Bundle

Jack Claw, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Splot Preorder, Trine

Humble Indie Bundle 2

Aquaria, Braid, Cortex Command, Gish, Lugaru HD, Machinarium, Osmos, Penumbra Overture, Revenge of the Titans, Samorost 2, World Of Goo

Humble Indie Bundle 3

And Yet It Moves, Atom Zombie Smasher, Braid, Cogs, Cortex Command, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Hammerfight, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, VVVVVV

Humble Indie Bundle 4

And Yet It Moves, BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Cave Story+, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Gratuitous Space Battles, Hammerfight, Jamestown, NightSky, Shank, Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV

Humble Indie Bundle 6

BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Dustforce, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, Rochard, Shatter, Space Pirates and Zombies, Torchlight, Vessel, Wizorb

Humble Indie Bundle 8

Awesomenauts, Capsized, Dear Esther, Dear Esther (CodeWeavers Port), Dear Esther (Native Port), English Country Tune, Intrusion 2, Little Inferno, Oil Rush, Thomas Was Alone, Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
[
Humble Origin Bundle

Dead Space Origin, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor Origin Key, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield 3, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Populous Origin Key

Humble THQ Bundle

Company of Heroes: All Heroes Rise, Company of Heroes: Songs From the Front, Darksiders Original Soundtrack - Directors Cut, Red Faction: Armageddon Original Soundtrack, Saints Row: The Third - The Soundtrack

Humble Voxatron Debut

Blocks That Matter, Chocolate Castle, Gish, Jasper's Journeys, The Binding Of Isaac, Voxatron, Zen Puzzle Garden

Humble Weekly Sale: Alan Wake

Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Humble Weekly Sale: Hosted by PewDiePie

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Botanicula, McPixel, The Showdown Effect, Thomas Was Alone

Humble Weekly Sale: Paradox Interactive

Dungeonland, Europa Universalis 3 Complete, Leviathan: Warships, The Showdown Effect, War of the Roses: Kingmaker, Warlock

Humble Weekly Sale: Rochard

Rochard, Rochard + Hard Times DLC

Humble Weekly Sale: Telltale Games

Back to the Future: The Game, Hector: Badge of Carnage, Poker Night at the Inventory, Puzzle Agent 1, Puzzle Agent 2, Puzzle Agent Soundtrack, Sam & Max: Devil’s Playhouse, Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures

Humble Weekly Sale: Tripwire

Red Orchestra 2 Original Soundtrack, Red Orchestra Original Soundtrack

Yeah, but only assholes pay $1.

Who are you to talk about how much I donate?
I donate $1 and there isn't a thing YOU can do about it. It's MY money, not yours.

You're free to create your own bundle if you don't like it. And that's MISTER Asshole, to you.

lol @ people expressing indignation for calling a spade a spade. Didn't know there were so many cheapskates on [H]. Good thing Folding is free.

Anyway, sorry to some of you for turning this Deals thread off topic. It's a good bundle with some good games. I'll leave with that.

your point still doesn't make much sense as the $ you donate also has a slider where some of the $ goes to the Humble Bundle people to support development, bandwidth etc...the millions of dollars they have earned because of this promotion also begs to differ...plus they knew going in by giving customers the chance to pay ANYTHING they want would cause a large majority to pay only the bare minimum...to think otherwise would be silly...no one is 'shortchanging' anyone...they are using the system as it was intended

plus do you really think they would have made as much $$ as they did if they didn't offer the titles for $1-$5 (average)?...no...so you can't have it both ways...charge higher and get less sales or charge lower and make more...supporting developers is great but don't make it seem like everyone is taking advantage of them when they are the ones who created this

calling people cheapskates and claiming they don't support gaming developers because you paid more then me?...so if I support Make-A-Wish or the American Cancer Society does that mean that you have to also support them and pay as much as me otherwise that makes you a cheapskate?

Last edited:
I also buy more than the minimum, mainly because I want the extra games. I wish they had other charities as Id rather support some of the smaller ones. So humblebundles gets 100% everytime . . .

lol @ people expressing indignation for calling a spade a spade. Didn't know there were so many cheapskates on [H].

Don't worry they are the same aholes who try to get MC new prices on their used CPUs at the same time :)

I always donate the minimum, have a system in place for instant deal alerts, buy low sell high etc.

I'm an American, fuck off.

If there wasn't a dirt cheap minimum, the Humble Bundle wouldn't be as popular and wouldn't receive as much press. I have bought roughly 10 bundles and have paid as little as a dollar up to well over the average. I have installed 2 games so far. Sure I don't always pay a lot but it's perfectly fair and no one is getting hurt. The same people complaining about cheap asses are probably torrenting shit in the background.

i buy them most of the time to increase my steam libary... lol

AMEN!

Don't worry they are the same aholes who try to get MC new prices on their used CPUs at the same time :)

Amazing.................................

I always donate the minimum, have a system in place for instant deal alerts, buy low sell high etc.

I'm an American, fuck off.

This thread gets better and better by the post. Nothing wrong with helping out charities and donating some money to them.

Not really my genre of games, but damn I might as well pick them up. If anything I might have friends who want them. Also I agree, pay more than a dollar or you might as well just go pirate them (which I don't condone). That being said, you are big boy's, make your own decisions and don't expect others to do what you want them to do. We have free will for a reason ;)

Can someone please close this thread? It's nothing except a trollfest between 'rich' people now...

Can someone please close this thread? It's nothing except a trollfest between 'rich' people now...

Thread tools, upper right hand corner underneath log out. There should be an option to close thread from a dropdown. If that doesn't work just PM a mod, they'll lock it down for you.

BTW, I feel your pain, this is exact reason I stopped posting deals in this subforum anymore as it always ends this way...

Thread tools, upper right hand corner underneath log out. There should be an option to close thread from a dropdown. If that doesn't work just PM a mod, they'll lock it down for you.

BTW, I feel your pain, this is exact reason I stopped posting deals in this subforum anymore as it always ends this way...

Well, since Fallen isn't OP, he can't close the thread... But here's two options for both of you - #1, tools - - > unsubscribe & #2, don't read the FUCKING post! Nobody is forcing you to look at it, go find something else...

Well, since Fallen isn't OP, he can't close the thread... But here's two options for both of you - #1, tools - - > unsubscribe & #2, don't read the FUCKING post! Nobody is forcing you to look at it, go find something else...

Your tone and response are absolutely uncalled for.

Since Falkentyne asked I was under the assumption he created the thread and was looking for a way to shut it down.

No debate there... sadly most people have no moral compass.

This bundle will easily take up far more of my time then the origin one. Great deal!

You can also pay $125 for 48 games and 20 soundtracks which don't appear to be individually listed on the humble bundle site.

Mount & Blade – Windows
Hearts of Iron II: Complete – Windows
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition – Windows
Europa Universalis: Rome - Vae Victis – Windows
King Arthur - The Role-Playing Wargame – Windows
Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come – Windows
King Arthur - Fallen Champions – Windows
King Arthur II - The Role-Playing Wargame – Windows
Europa Universalis III – Windows and Mac
Hearts of Iron III – Windows and Mac
East India Company – Windows
Majesty 2 – Windows
Majesty: Gold Edition – Windows
Lead and Gold - Gangs of the Wild West – Windows
War of the Roses – Windows
For The Glory – Windows
Arsenal of Democracy – Windows
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection – Windows
Magicka – Windows
The Kings' Crusade – Windows
Victoria II – Windows
Victoria: Revolutions – Windows
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition – Windows
Mount & Blade: Warband – Windows
Ship Simulator Extremes – Windows
Commander: Conquest of the Americas – Windows
Pirates of the Black Cove – Windows
Cities in Motion – Windows and Mac
Defenders of Ardania – Windows
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game – Windows
Sengoku – Windows
Majesty Gold HD – Windows
Naval War: Arctic Circle – Windows
Starvoid – Windows
A Game of Dwarves – Windows
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare – Windows
Impire – Windows
Leviathan: Warships – Windows and Mac
Warlock - Master of the Arcane – Windows
Crusader Kings II – Windows, Mac, and Linux
The Showdown Effect – Windows and Mac
Crusader Kings Complete – Windows
Dungeonland – Windows and Mac
Cities in Motion 2 – Windows and Mac
March of the Eagles – Windows
Knights of the Pen and Paper +1 – Windows, Mac, and Linux
Teleglitch: Die More Edition – Windows, Mac, and Linux
War of the Vikings Alpha – Windows

It's better for the charity if someone who otherwise wouldn't pay for the Humble Bundle (at a higher price than $1) chooses to pay $1. There are a lot of people like that, and when added up, it amounts to millions of dollars. That's how these things work.

Your tone and response are absolutely uncalled for.

Since Falkentyne asked I was under the assumption he created the thread and was looking for a way to shut it down.

Oh boo hoo - you must be new to the interwebz, huh? And if you feel the need to be the proper posting police, you forgot the half dozen guys above me calling each other assholes - please go scold them, too, just in the sense of fairness...

I'm frankly tired of whiney trolls always complaining about everything they don't like around here or wanting the thread locked. And between his original bitching about "rich" people and your ignorant assumption combined with your poor pitiful "me too" crap, I stand by my comment - nobody is forcing you to be here if you don't like the discussion content, but quit trying to dictate to everyone who doesn't act in your ideal manner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back