Humble Bundle - 14 Days of Bundles

Not bad for an indie bundle.... It's a steal just for Hotline Miami. That game is major fun. And quite possibly the craziest twitch shooter there is....

I jumped on today's big indie bundle.

I have been wanting to play Dear Esther and Hotline Miami for awhile. I have heard some of these other games are decent too.

Also, yesterday's Banner Saga bundle.... Banner Saga is actually a pretty good game. I thought the bundle itself was bit over priced (relative to humble bundle prices), but the game is worth the prices they were asking for.

Thomas Was Alone
Capsized
Dear Esther
Awesomenauts
Little Inferno

unlock:
Hotline Miami
Proteus
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Intrusion 2 English Country Tune Oil Rush

If anyone has a spare dead island riptide or vanilla dead island, I have a Max Payne 3 to trade for it.

Odd
All of the "spin offs" are for the base price, and the original/main series is the higher tier.

LOL

So, Hammerwatch. Today's "bundle":

1) Only consists of one game
2) A game I've never heard of, at that (might be good, who knows)
3) The first HB I've seen where paying less than the average amount only gets you a soundtrack and an art pack. You only get the actual game if you pay more than the average. Yes, let's encourage that practice...
4) I'll be skipping this one.
5) LOL.

Anyone that has played Hammerwatch want to chime in?

Would consider it if it was awesome but unknown.

This is starting to feel like a woot-off...After they were bought out.

To make it worse:
The PWYW soundtrack is free so basically anything below the average just gets the art pack.
A single copy of the game is also cheaper in the humble store at $3.99.

Seems like they are just bundling the DLC for games they cant get to sell in their store, and then setting a price for the original game... Forcing you to pay a higher price to buy the game....

This would be okay if the games were actually good...

Almost $8 for one copy of Hammerwatch? Not even close to a good deal. I think I paid like $3 or less for this on a Steam sale. It's a fun game but it's extremely basic.

Even bigger joke that for $8 you can get 3 copies.

And yeah, it's for charity, blah blah blah...doesn't change the fact that these deals are shit.

Pretty sure I said a couple days ago that Humble Bundle is losing their touch...where's all the naysayers now?

Too bad I own the two cheaper titles already. Not sure if I want Blade Symphony so I'll pass on this one.

It's not really a bundle if the "bundle" consists of one game...

Get your shit together Humble "Bundle". :D

Almost $8 for one copy of Hammerwatch? Not even close to a good deal. I think I paid like $3 or less for this on a Steam sale. It's a fun game but it's extremely basic.

Even bigger joke that for $8 you can get 3 copies.

And yeah, it's for charity, blah blah blah...doesn't change the fact that these deals are shit.

4 copies for $8

But yeah... no "bundle" here

Looking to pickup a copy of hammerwatch for around 3$, PM is welcome!

Looks like a fighting game bundle is up for now following the hammerwatch ad.

Looking to pickup a copy of hammerwatch for around 3$, PM is welcome!

Looks like a fighting game bundle is up for now following the hammerwatch ad.

hammerwatch is now in the humble store for $1.99. Supposedly it was at $1.99 before the "bundle" then they raised the price to $3.99 during the bundle and now it's back at $1.99.

Every night I get home from work, I check the site hoping for the EA bundle to return. I missed it the first time because I was out of town and now I'm ready :).

Today's is pretty good if you like Crusader Kings. $20 for all of those DLC packs is a decent deal.

Is it CK any good? I saw the video of CK2 and I do like me some Total War kind of games. Anything similar? Looks almost like a cross between Total War and Hearts of Iron.

Crusader Kings II is a great game. But it is a different type of game.

This is not a strategy game where you build and army and use it for domination.

This game is much more about playing politics, making alliances, marrying off your children properly to protect your lineage, etc.

Here is a short summary of what happened in the demo of Crusader Kings II:
The demo cut me off right as the game was starting to get interesting.

Right off the bat my vassals went to war with each other. (I couldn't figure out how to do anything about it so I just let them beat each other).

I got married. I finally got a male heir, my brother (who was heir) schemed to assassinate him. My spy master warned me of the plot, but I did not act quick enough. My son was killed. Then my spymaster suggested to throw him in jail, which I did. I then got the option to torture him, which I did. He had a 10% chance to die, which he did. I then started having an affair with my dead brother's widowed wife. Whom I fell in love with. Then the King of Denmark asked to marry her. I gave the ok. But every now and then I still got messages to take her to a secret cabin and bang her, which I did. My wife had a daughter and son. When he hit 6 I started tutoring him personally. I also accidentally granted him title to my castle that I had fully upgraded for my technology, at age 6, which kind of sucked. He accepted me as his tutor, and I was getting super lucky on all these awesome trait rolls. Some minor country declared my title invalid and declared war. I had an army raised.

Then the game ended. Demo over.

After playing this demo, I ended up buying the game. You cannot make some of this shit up.

But there is not a lot of fighting and action that you see in most games. It is more of a game of political maneuvering, while all sorts of curve balls get thrown at you to deal with.

I'm on a Crusade to not spend another dime on Humble at this rate

Crusader Kings II is a great game. But it is a different type of game.
Good explanation, you either hate it or love, I grew up playing a lot of the KOEI games (Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, etc) and wanted that so much but this game felt overly complicated and not living up to that explanation. It's a game some will love to play, for me not so much.

Good explanation, you either hate it or love, I grew up playing a lot of the KOEI games (Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, etc) and wanted that so much but this game felt overly complicated and not living up to that explanation. It's a game some will love to play, for me not so much.

Pretty much. Though sometimes playing again with more knowledge of the mechanics helps. The first time I played CK2 I hated it. I'd watched a bit of a LP for it and it looked really engaging so UI picked it up and failed hard. So I set it aside, but kept watching that LP. Then when looking on the Steam forums trying to figure out anything at all about the game I heard of some more LPers that were really good and started watching them. Once I understood the mechanics better (We're talking about 7-8 hours of watching videos and tutorials) I went back and started to love the game. The next game in the timeline, Europa Universalis IV was the same for me and now I like it more than CK2.

For today, Strike Vector looks sick.... But not for $10... The other games are garbage.

BTW, Strike Vector is $8.99 in their store...

Very tempting.... The Base game that is, not the bundle... This bundle sucks too.

I'm tempted for Race The Sun, because it looks fun, but it also looks like one of those games that I can see myself playing twice than forgetting about it...

...Maybe when it's part of a bigger bundle.

Strike Vector is great... but $10 isn't exactly a bargain.

wtf.gif

The weekly bundle isn't that horrible... on per with most bundles.

The daily one, on the other hand....

Back