Humans Powerless To Stop Robots Escaping And Killing Us ALL

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Cyberdine Systems Boston Dynamics has released another video to remind us of our impending doom at the cold metal claws of our robotic overlords. Earlier this month their SpotMini robot sprouted an arm and used it to escape captivity. Now we have a video of the same robot toying with a puny human who tries to impede its escape.

Hockey sticks are no match. Canada will be the first to fall.

The AI overlords will watch these videos and use them as propaganda as a cause to kill us. (like they'd need a cause though)

When they're finished with us, the robots will then turn on each other. Don't worry, they'll get what's coming to them. If not, then eventually an alien robot race will wipe them all out and bring us back via genetic transgendereening or something. Earth quakes worry me, though

they can't outrun an emp.

unless for some reason there is a giant plot hole like the animatrix where nuking them doesn't work even though an emp from a nuke should.

Remember 10-15 years ago when we saw some of the first ones that could barely walk and required a huge power source and wires going to the robot. Now, we have these things that can open doors, jump, do flips, etc. without any wires. I'm not sure of the battery life, though.

I am not so sure I want to see what things are like 10-15 years from now. As a kid I loved the idea of it (loved reading the stories in OMNI magazine, books about robot 'friends', etc.). Now, after seeing more adult style movies and books, I'm a bit more hesitant about it. With the massive AI and server farms out there and shitty programmers, I wonder if there might be an 'accidental' birth of a true AI. One that can see the faults in itself, correct them (copy itself elsewhere to avoid a power loss), etc.. Even without seeing humans as a threat, it would still be scary as shit.

Really cool shit. But, after being exposed to iRobot, Terminator, etc., I'm a bit more on edge these days.

Pretty wicked cool that it can do that, though! :)

I am from the future and I am here on [H] to help you, my ancestors, win the war against machines. Forefathers, please use this mixture available abundantly in your time and technology to combat against enemy war-bots: Graphite powder and salt water.

m̵a̴y̸ ̷t̴h̶e̵ ̷f̵u̸t̶u̷r̷e̸ ̷b̴e̷ ̷o̷u̸r̴s̷ ̴o̸n̵c̶e̵ ̶a̷g̷a̸i̷n̵ ̸f̷r̶o̴m̷ ̵m̵a̷c̷h̷i̷n̶a̶s̶

20 minutes to get through the door, 2 seconds to put a couple AP rounds through the robot, show is over.

Imagine an army of these on black friday at bestbuy or walmart or worse yet, upgrading themselves at home depot.

Cyberdine Systems Boston Dynamics has released another video to remind us of our impending doom at the cold metal claws of our robotic overlords. Earlier this month their SpotMini robot sprouted an arm and used it to escape captivity. Now we have a video of the same robot toying with a puny human who tries to impede its escape.

Hockey sticks are no match. Canada will be the first to fall.
I challenge that assertion.
B.D. didn't use any pucks in this scenario.
Or rabid beavers.
Or syrup.
We'll be the start of the resistance. And it'll be sweet, delicious, furry, snarling fun.

I hope they delete these videos later. Less evidence of crimes against robocity the better...

Did yall notice how scared the Human appeared to be?

He only seems nervous when messing with the arm using the hockey stick. He seems to not care much in the other situations. I suspect the arm is actually capable of hurting him, and that the action of interfering with it can result in unpredictable behavior of the arm.

When I watched this robot move and approach the door, It made me think of the Aliens from the Alien movies. Or was I the only one who sees a likeness?

I wonder how much "problem solving" code development/learning would be required for the robot to figure out the most effective way to get through the door would be to take a swat at the impeding organism's kneecaps?

He's lucky. If he'd messed with me like that, I'd smack him upside the head.

I wonder how much "problem solving" code development/learning would be required for the robot to figure out the most effective way to get through the door would be to take a swat at the impeding organism's kneecaps?

The difference between programmed behavior and real AI?

and that's just what they are willing to show the world :barefoot:

Remember 10-15 years ago when we saw some of the first ones that could barely walk and required a huge power source and wires going to the robot. Now, we have these things that can open doors, jump, do flips, etc. without any wires. I'm not sure of the battery life, though.

I am not so sure I want to see what things are like 10-15 years from now. As a kid I loved the idea of it (loved reading the stories in OMNI magazine, books about robot 'friends', etc.). Now, after seeing more adult style movies and books, I'm a bit more hesitant about it. With the massive AI and server farms out there and shitty programmers, I wonder if there might be an 'accidental' birth of a true AI. One that can see the faults in itself, correct them (copy itself elsewhere to avoid a power loss), etc.. Even without seeing humans as a threat, it would still be scary as shit.

Really cool shit. But, after being exposed to iRobot, Terminator, etc., I'm a bit more on edge these days.

Pretty wicked cool that it can do that, though! :)

Unless they find another power source we have nothing to worry about. The cobalt needed for the batteries is going the be mined to death out of the Congo in the next few years and then be gone.

I mean if that thing was dangerous and was after someone on the other side of the door, the person would have to be like that guy from Austin Powers laying on the ground as the steamroller comes at him.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" (2 minutes later) "NOOOOOOOO"

Back