Hulu’s Live TV Service to Cost $39.99 per Month

I do watch some live tv, mainly the local news but that is over the air which I doubt hulu would be carrying anyways since none of the other streaming services offer it.

youtube tv does local channels, and as far as I know so does playstation vue and sling tv. it all depends on if your tv market is big enough though and if you get locals OTA it will beat any streaming offering anyway aside for having to setup an antenna and maybe a OTA DVR.

I think what the streaming tv providers are trying to bank on is that more and more people want their content on their phones and tablets because they don't own a TV or even a computer.

People should be scared about Apple, they are going to try to make their offering a "premium" pricing level and the dream of streaming channels or shows a la carte is going to get pushed aside and everyone is going to target the idea that it is going to cost $40-$50 a month on top of broadband internet and the cable companies will always try to make packages a "cheaper" option for internet subscribers.

The sad part is using the cable/satalite companies app and not having it affect you data cap because of zero rating is shaping up to be cheaper when the idea for so long looked to be the customer pays $10-$20 a month to get all the stuff they want in a non-linear format and it has moved to attaching the "old model" DVR idea to streaming and charging the same rates that having a physical DVR and cable service costs.

Cord cutting works this way.

Internet + HD antenna + Netflix/Hulu of your choice?

If this does not work for you, you're most likely end up paying more.

Greedy companies figured it out. They want you to pay for the channels that are suppose to be free to begin with.

You should be able to pick your own programming, otherwise this shit simply won't work.

For regular TV, I find a $50 antenna works great in my area. Best part is the service is ZERO dollars a month! Got a few of the other services like Netflix, Amazon, and such along with piggy backing on some apps tied to my parents DirecTV account like HBO Go. Steaming is generally good but the apps do have a fair amount of instances where they cannot access the content. Very frustrating and something that never affects broadcast TV to the antenna.

Hulu is owned by several networks, so not surprised they couldn't think of something better

Meh, no thanks. I'll stick with my roof top antenna. I get 40+ HD channels and all the commercials they can cram into the programming for no extra cost a month. Why should I pay extra to be bombarded with commercials? :D

Back