Hulu Plus Invite

dadi38

Limp Gawd
Hey, got my invite from Hulu this afternoon. Anyone else get theirs?

i got mine too, i thought it was going to be a trial but i believe you have to pay $9.99 immediately.

Got one a couple weeks ago. I signed up assuming it was a free preview but was wrong. I purposely put a bad rebate card in to see if I would get charged, and I did. Got a quick glimpse at the library and was quite suprised at the selection before my account got deactivated. Havent decided if I really want to try it yet, but it looks interesting.

Wish I had my PS3 still so I can get into the beta. Don't know why people are hating on it too much. Sure its $10 a month and ad supported still, but I don't pay for cable or satellite. My TV is Netflix streaming, I would love to get this so I can get the new seasons as the shows air instead of waiting for the DVD to come out and get it on Netflix. I pay 15 a month for Netflix and then if I was to get this, I would be paying $25 a month total. Much cheaper than cable and a much much much bigger library!

I like it so far. The ads are a little much considering they are charging you for it. You fast forward or rewind they slip another ad in before your show starts again, I guess so you won't skip ads although I don't think you can anyhow. You do get charged immediately. I use playon and this plus my netflix. I think cable is going bye bye...

Edit: Another thing I noticed in the preview they touted how it was HD. Some of the programming is not in HD. You can hit R1 and if HD is available, it will be on the menu, but I've found you have to choose it. My ps3 is hard wired to my N router so I have no problem streaming HD. Maybe just a new glitch. However, I have watched a few episodes of The Cleveland Show and it looked awesome.

Last edited:
You pay AND still have to deal with ads?

No thank you!

You pay AND still have to deal with ads?

No thank you!

yeah, now that playon and playon premium support PS3 and the latter, ipod touch/phone/pad/etc. I see no reason to waste 10 bucks on hulu+. Maybe if they actually had decent content. Let alone all the ads.

I like it cause even though they have ads, you can get full seasons of different shows. I was going to start watching Heroes, but playon with hulu didn't have the first season. Hulu Plus had every season and in HD. There's more and more programs coming all the time. It is just starting out. It's not perfect but it's something to build on...

Back