Hulu Plus Going 50% Off This Week?

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like you guys were right, no one really wants to pay for Hulu Plus. According to anonymous sources, the company is going to cut subscription prices in half as early as this week in an attempt to lure in more subscribers. Any takers at half price?

But a price cut would indicate that consumers haven’t bought in to the pitch. That shouldn’t be a shock, considering the other video options that consumers have, and the limits that Hulu’s content providers have placed on the service.

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
For 5 dollars? Yes I will sign up. Almost did at 10.

5 is a fantastic price.

-Dragon-

2[H]4U
It's worth it at 10 for me for iPhone streaming, also thier site says you need a 3GS or 4G iPhone for thier app to work, but I downloaded it to my old 3G and it works just fine, streams just fine over my grandfathered true unlimited plan too :p

Snufykat

[H]ard|Gawd
Half of nothing is nothing, think i'll stick to what is available for free.

Stormshade

Weaksauce
If it was add free I would have signed up at $10 a month, but of course even the Paid version has ads.

ccmfreak2

Limp Gawd
Don't know. They ticked me off recently when I found out that (with the exception of the first 3 episodes of a season) episodes are going to be released 30 days after their air date. Now they are saying, "It's OK, pay us some money - but just not as much as we were asking before - and we'll make it better for you."

There's not a whole lot Hulu does that Netflix doesn't do. The reverse can not be made, however. I'll stick with my Netflix plan.

ZenDragon

[H]ard|Gawd
The problem is STILL that much of the content is not available for streaming to certain devices. Its kind of hit and miss as to what you can stream where, which I dont understand at all. What is the difference between streaming to my PC or streaming to my phone? I understand the piracy concerns, so they can do what they need to in that regard, but the content providers need to loosen their grip on their platform restrictions. If Im paying for the service I want to stream it anywhere I damn well please.

Skull_Angel

[H]ard|Gawd
meh, I wouldn't sign up for it, I hate how Hulu always seems to have episodes missing and it drives me nuts.

4saken

[H]F Junkie
ill start to consider it at this point, but i still feel Hulu severely lacks in content in the first place. Also having Ads sucks balls.

gesicht

Gawd
i would rather it be 10$ and have a larger archive and no commercials.

i am not going to pay anything if i still have to watch commercials.

Pianomahnn

[H]ard|Gawd
I think the $10 is entirely reasonable and I pay it willingly. It's probably the most reasonably priced service I pay for. Netflix, cable, internet, cell phone, etc. $10 to watch a bunch of shows I enjoy whenever I want? Yea, it's worth it.

Want quality shows delivered in a friendly format? It costs money. $10 is a bargain.

/fanboy

Pianomahnn

[H]ard|Gawd
Oh yea, and the commercials on Hulu are often less time than it takes for me to FFwd on my DVRd shows. That's nice.

Tolyngee

Supreme [H]ardness
People were saying the same thing when cable came out....

We have more options to obtain our content now, though.

Plus, we're not watching it live on Hulu Plus anyway. So, it's like a VCR.

I could FF my VCR past commercials. Not a perfect solution, but I wasn't forced to watch 'em.

Zap

[H]ard|Gawd
I considered, but didn't sign up at $10. At $5, I will have to reconsider.

BigBeef

Limp Gawd
I'd rather just pay a one-time fee for a year's subscription. Recurring charges inconvenience me. I'd rather pay it all and get it out of the way for a discount. Plus I may not use Hulu for a month or two, I don't want to pay for something I'm not using.

kent

2[H]4U
I'll say on the Internet I'll seriously consider this purchase....then never make it :)

KatalDT

2[H]4U
I don't think they get it. They'll see a jump in subs, yeah, but it's about time and convenience more than money.

I'd pay $10 gladly if there were no ads. $5 doesn't fix the ads for me.

Derangel

Fully [H]
They should have a free weekend/free week preview of Hulu Plus to get people's attention and to make them want to see more of it.

one30eight

[H]ard|Gawd
I would pay 10 a month for better content and no commercials. I would also like a better user interface for tv through xbox or playon.

Palliser

Limp Gawd
Nope, I still wouldn't in spite of NBC not allowing the iPad to stream on their website. Hulu Plus is great for really die-hard TV show watchers.

VRMan

Limp Gawd
Will not pay for programming that has commercials. Or at least having the option of skipping the commercials like I do with my DVR.