Hulu Begins Serving Up 60FPS Streaming Content

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Hulu is finally joining the 60FPS world with the rest of the streaming services and you should notice that your sports and other fast moving content is much smoother now on the channels Hulu is upgrading in phase 1. If you were getting tired of the herky jerky then you might want to wait a little bit before dropping your subscription now. They will roll out more channels with 60FPS in the future.

You’ve asked, you’ve patiently waited… and today is the day we begin rolling out 60fps (frames per second) support on Live TV. This was one of the most-requested features by our viewers - including all of you on r/hulu - so I wanted to give you a status update!

I've hated Hulu for a while but finally gave up and sub'd so I can watch South Park... their content list is actually quite good compared to Netflix. It's at the point now where I think I'm going to just cancel Netflix and keep Hulu which I never thought I would say.

Surround Sound is a must before I move away from my DVR/CableCard setup; I’d record stuff from ABC, CBS etc and its just soooo much clearer OTA or via coax than the streams they’re being provided, and mixing down 5.1 to stereo sounded horrible anywhere but on a garbage soundbar in the guest room...

Been a happy Hulu customer for a few years now. Streaming quality has always been great.

The only shows I've watched on Hulu they don't carry full content for the series.

My streaming channel viewing as follows:

Hulu (still not a fan of the new UI)
Netflix
CBS
CW
Prime

Used to be Netflix on top, but not any more. Matter of fact, the content on Netflix has been drying up for us. Even though we get CBS over the air, the weather sometimes causes a lot of dropouts as our signal strength is not that great. Too many large trees surrounding our house.

As far as 60FPS goes, I really could care less. If they are getting there by degrading the frame content, then that is a loss. I would rather have 30FPS at higher frame quality than 60FPS at lower quality.

I cut the cord not because of how much they charge, but because I refuse to pay into the bundling system that enables media companies that oppose everything I believe in to survive without any real viewership.

Some things are more important than sound and picture quality.

Got sick of Hulu and their bullshit come and go content.( Worst than Netflix) Ran out of shit to see, got sick of their shit content with no follow up. Hulu is affected too much by the desire of tv networks to launch their own streaming services. I had hulu for a good 2 years, last 6 months was a steep decline for me. Amazon prime is actually going the other direction, so thats all i have Amazon and Netflix.

I've hated Hulu for a while but finally gave up and sub'd so I can watch South Park... their content list is actually quite good compared to Netflix. It's at the point now where I think I'm going to just cancel Netflix and keep Hulu which I never thought I would say.

Hulu is great for TV shows that are currently airing. Netflix is great for origiinal content and some movies.

I like netflix, but a vast majority of the original content is not family friendly. This doesn't offend me, but i have 3 young kids in the house and it seems like every 15 seconds there is a non necessary gratuitous sex scene / fbomb that sends me in a panic to find the remote.

Does paid Hulu service eliminate the ads? i cannot stand to see commericals unless the service is free.

That press release doesn't make it clear - Are they saying those channels broadcast in 60 FPS natively or are they using interpolation?

I like netflix, but a vast majority of the original content is not family friendly. This doesn't offend me, but i have 3 young kids in the house and it seems like every 15 seconds there is a non necessary gratuitous sex scene / fbomb that sends me in a panic to find the remote.

Does paid Hulu service eliminate the ads? i cannot stand to see commericals unless the service is free.
Yes if you pay extra.

Thats true about netflix. They have great adult originals and great kid originals but not much in between. I love their adult stuff but its hard to find time to watch on the 4k screen with 3 kids running around.

Do they have full and complete seasons of shows now or only partial new seasons with none of the previous ones to watch? That is why I did not bother keeping Hulu.

I don't like the new trend of the Roku apps playing a preview of videos, or idiot hosts yacking, while you browse the content. Extremely annoying.

We have Sling TV for he sole purpose so my wife can watch HGTV and Food Network. I'm mainly interested in FoxNews; but its not on there.
YouTube TV, has Fox news but not the channels my wife likes.
Looks like we will go with DirectTV Now. For $35/month they have the main channels we are both interested in.
Hulu has a simliar channel lineup to Direct TV, minus Food network and cost more money.

Do they have full and complete seasons of shows now or only partial new seasons with none of the previous ones to watch? That is why I did not bother keeping Hulu.

AFAIK it's full seasons but if there's anything you want me to check I can look really quick for you. I just looked right now generically and I know the "9-1-1" show is brand new and they show up to ep 6 which aired Feb 7th.

Hulu is great for TV shows that are currently airing. Netflix is great for origiinal content and some movies.

I feel like Netflix original content has gone pretty far down hill. I feel like they literally will make original content about anything and they're just seeing what sticks. Which I understand. If they can get to 12-15 tentpole original content series, they can keep people hooked into the membership year round. I like daredevil, house of cards, defenders and pretty much that's it. Tried frontier, hated it. Luke Cage, hated it. Iron Fist, hated it. I think my mom watches Orange is the New Black though that just doesn't interest me...

Is there any actual 60fps content or are they simply using interpolation/smoothmotion?

Never used Hulu, but surround sound is definitely important to me. DD+ and Pro Logic don't cut the mustard either. With Netflix I'm constantly having to turn the volume up and down because neither of those seem to be able to have discreet volume for each channel. You can choose to hear the dialogue and have your walls rumble or you have to crank the center channel to the max just for Netflix. The new Atmos implementation seems much better about that.

AFAIK it's full seasons but if there's anything you want me to check I can look really quick for you. I just looked right now generically and I know the "9-1-1" show is brand new and they show up to ep 6 which aired Feb 7th.

I feel like Netflix original content has gone pretty far down hill. I feel like they literally will make original content about anything and they're just seeing what sticks. Which I understand. If they can get to 12-15 tentpole original content series, they can keep people hooked into the membership year round. I like daredevil, house of cards, defenders and pretty much that's it. Tried frontier, hated it. Luke Cage, hated it. Iron Fist, hated it. I think my mom watches Orange is the New Black though that just doesn't interest me...

Last time I tried them, I was watching the Warehouse 13 and they did not have the previous episodes of the existing season nor the previous seasons. They only had maybe a half dozen episodes or so.

Last time I tried them, I was watching the Warehouse 13 and they did not have the previous episodes of the existing season nor the previous seasons. They only had maybe a half dozen episodes or so.

they don't offer warehouse13 anymore =( sorry i couldn't be of more help

Maybe you should re-title the thread to clarify that the 60fps is for the "LIVE TV" service. It's not as if we'll be watching the on-demand stuff "Handmaid's Tale" , "South Park" or "This is Us" in 60fps

Why is everyone saying "surround sound is important to me"?

Hulu is stereo audio only. Has been since the get go when it was a mostly free service. But they're not the only OTT provider that doesn't support 5.1.

Its a mixed bag, as always. Originals ate about the only thing thats a guarantee to be there in full, and they don't have that many.

Back