huge TP Link router / switch sale @ Amazon "50% off"

vibe

[H]ard|Gawd
too many to list, a few good deals

http://www.amazon.com/b?ascsubtag=268f9c7391b14f1ab7341eb20874b62d&ie=UTF8&node=10467719011

some not listed on there, also check here and sort/filter by your desire
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_pc?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=TP-LINK&node=541966

example:
gigabit with usb port for $40
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WDR3600-Wireless-Gigabit-300Mbps/dp/B008RV51EE/

gigabit AC1750 for $60
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-C7-Wireless-1300Mbps/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/

apparently newegg is price matching many of those tp link items for today only, so check there if you like newegg better

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good prices. I exclusively bought TP-link when i lived in China. Looking at the AC1750 is seems it has some issues but they are active in the comments offering RMA and compensation.

I didn't look, but if they have the Archer C7 for sale, snatch that shit up!

It's one of the best consumer routers out there for under $100.

I didn't look, but if they have the Archer C7 for sale, snatch that shit up!

It's one of the best consumer routers out there for under $100.

Had I not gotten in on that Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 when Walmart "accidentally" priced it at $89.97 late last month, I would be all over that!

I'm really tempted to snatch up the Archer C7 to replace my ancient WRT54G...

Do it!

I have one and it's the best router I've ever owned, hands down. It's also fully supported by OpenWRT, if you're into that kind of thing.

Damn, some really hot deals!

Really want an Archer, but I'm going to wait until the new C9 launches in a couple of days see what reviewers say about it before making a decision.

Anyone know the difference between the TL-WA854RE and the TL-WA850RE?

Picked up the c7. Use it as a backup or maybe replace my asus n66u

I'm debating between the c7 and c8 right now......

I'm wondering what the difference is as well. So far all I've found is that the C8 has a usb 3.0 port while the c7 only has usb 2.0.

I bought a C7 at the recommendation of the guys who maintain the recommended router list here in the [Hardocp] Networking subsection. Skip to the last few pages to see the up to date recommendations. The Archer C7 is mentioned many times as a great router. I paid $105 for it earlier this year and it was the best money I ever spent! At $60 this is an absolute STEAL!

In the managed switch realm (especially 24, 48 port), are TP-Links "better" than D-Link? They're about the same price. I'm going to be re-doing my entire home network, so a 48 and 2x 24port managed L2 switches are going to be going in. I presently have a 24 port D-Link DGS that's been pretty solid.

Newegg has the Archer C8 same price as Amazon. But it also comes with a copy of Watch Dogs

I would be all over that 16 port gigabit switch if it were the smaller desktop version. I don't have a rack to put it in and the area I do want to put it requires smaller the better. ALMOST!

Has anyone been able to get newegg to pricematch the Archer C7? I am trying to get them to pricematch since it comes with Watch Dogs game and no tax for me. They said I have to place an order first but the game makes "all sales are final" statement that you have to agree to. Because of that I am concerned they may not pricematch and I won't be able to cancel my order if they don't.

Would the C7 be a decent enough upgrade from an Asus RT-n56u to justify the $60? Don't know much about routers - TIA

- Adam

Thanks to OP for posting; this thread eventually led me to buy the Archer C8. Kicking myself for missing the nighthawk but this is a good value buy. I went C8 over C7 because of usb 3.0

Last edited:
Thanks to OP for posting this and this thread eventually led me to by the Archer C8. Kicking myself for missing the nighthawk but this is a good value buy. I went C8 over C7 because of usb 3.0

Haha I picked up the C8 also...but I'm coming from an ancient ( ~2006? ) D-Link DIR 655...should be a nice upgrade in wifi speed. :)

Geeze.. what a list. Been looking for a decent deal on a 16 or 24 port Giga switch with front led's and the Ethernet ports in the rear, it does not look like they make one. Oh well.

Would the C7 be a decent enough upgrade from an Asus RT-n56u to justify the $60? Don't know much about routers - TIA

- Adam

Not sure but I'm making the leap anyway, it has AC which is nice and the USB on the Asus is useless since it kills the wifi. Hopefully I'll be able to use the Asus as an extender or something.

Kind of mad that there is no sale on AC adapters...

Anyone have any suggestions on inexpensive AC adapters? I've got the Netgear R6300

I've had the Archer C7 1750 for a while now... i paid something like 180 i believe when it first came out.

It's a solid router no doubt, I've never had to reboot, or screw with it, once setup the way you want it "just works".

That being said I'm not in love with it, the interface is clunky as hell and not intuitive at all, to the point I got a bit frustrated at times.

I want to upgrade to the Linksys WRT1900 -- because I have a soft spot for that series dating back 10+ years but I can't justify the price and the fact I'd probably never take advantage of it.

damn... i just bought a bunch of tp link switches awhile ago a;dsfaj

If Archer C7 v2 then it's hot. Too bad I missed out since it's showing $89 now.

I'm sorry I missed out on this. I was busy most of the day yesterday and couldn't check in here. I'm looking to upgrade my aging ASUS RT-N66U.

I ordered an archer c7 to replace my parents ancient WRT54G. Now I think they can actually get all the bandwidth they pay for over wireless.

Back