Huge hand seeks new mouse for hot, accurate action

AshG

n00b
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new mouse. Reference point for the discussion: I wear a size 14 wedding ring and am told I have long, skinny fingers. If a 14 ring looks skinny on me, well, you get the mousing conundrum.

I have a Corsair Scimitar and have been testing and tweaking it for over a year but just can't seem to get comfortable with it. No matter where I have the thumb panel located it feels like button presses are inaccurate. My thumb is wide and flat at the end, so I usually end up hitting two or three buttons at the same time. I'm ready to go back to a standard 2 or 3 button side panel.

I am old and starting to develop arthritis, so a palm style grip is the most comfortable for me. I can handle claw for short spurts but usually end up back flat on the mouse.

When I'm not having to be laser-accurate in Finale or Sibelius (I occasionally write music for my degree path), I do some comp in Destiny 2 or hang out in Guild Wars 2.

The most annoying thing for me in general are squishy feeling scroll wheels. The scimitar is neither free scrolling nor does it lock tight at each click; it's horribly non-committal and I overshoot zooming or scrolling all the time.

I prefer wired.

I look forward to your suggestions! Thanks!

I have a similar issue having large palms and long fingers, the G500 has been perfect for me for the past decade but finally gave up on me recently and I needed a new one.
I picked up the MX518 and really liking it so far the only thing for me is its a little smaller than the G500 and the thumb area isn't large enough, I end up using the bottom edge of the thumb grip to comfortably palm it and push my thumb out far enough (I partially did this on my G500 too though).
Of the ones I tried you also might consider the Corsair Glaive RGB as well. The thumb zone for it goes all the way to the front of the mouse (you can try it out on display at best buy, along with several others).

Logitech G502 hero is a great mouse.
I was using a Scimitar before this but the middle button gave up the ghost.
The 502 has 5 side buttons and one of my favourite features since my early MX mouse, the smooth scroll wheel.
It can also be set to click and is rigidly sturdy.
Tracking is the best of any mouse I have ever tried which is essential because I use it on a cloth sofa.

I still don't understand why Logitech never bothered to update/succeed the Logitech G9 and G9x. I don't have "super large hands" and I still miss that mouse. I would buy a successor immediately.

Get a Kensington trackball pro, thank me later.

I have pretty big hands and long fingers.. I have arthritis in my hands also.. I have been using a Steelseries Sensei 310 which I like quite alot.. I got it hella cheap on ebay.

hand.jpg sensei310.jpg

I have big hands and use the Corsair GLAIVE, its very good.

+1 for Glaive.... It's got a nice shape for my claw style and the sides have a nice grippy rubber texture which I like.. It's not a particularly light mouse though..

I've found only two mice that fit my big gnarled man hands comfortably: Zowie EC-1A / B and Rival 310. After size my main concern was weight, but at 87g the 310 is lighter than most mice of any size. Same with the Zowie at ~95g.

Yeah, I hate this... I have the Logitech G502. I love the side button placement, because I have a push to talk that I always use, and I use the forward/backward browsing buttons for grenades and melee in fps games. But my hand gets cramped because of the small overall size. I'm not sure how much I would care about weight if the mouse fit snugly in my hand. I am surprised no company has come up with 3d-printed shells that you could pick-a-size and snap onto a mouse.

Arthritis runs in my family and the thought of getting it in my hands scares the shit out of me since I love fps games. I have large hands and the Logitech mice fit pretty well.

Back