Huge Half Life 2 News!!

HALF LIFE 2 HAS GONE GOLD!!! IT IS SAID TO BE RELEASED ON NOV 16TH!! Just thought I would share with you guys what I learned, looking forward to this game alot. ;)

11yearswise said:
HALF LIFE 2 HAS GONE GOLD!!! IT IS SAID TO BE RELEASED ON NOV 16TH!! Just thought I would share with you guys what I learned, looking forward to this game alot. ;)

who cares

halo2 owns hl2

[RIP]Zeus said:
who cares

halo2 owns hl2

Gabe must have eaten your parents or something, because your insane ravings are relentless.. and quite silly I might add..

Micas said:
Gabe must have eaten your parents or something, because your insane ravings are relentless.. and quite silly I might add..

he ate my pants

my parents are fine. just my favorite pants got eaten by that fat fuck..lol

oh well. imho hl2 sucks balls and halo2 kicks ass

screw valve and gabe in the ass with a semi truck..(and no lube either) :D

[RIP]Zeus said:
he ate my pants

Half Life 2 sucks? Do you have any facts or first hand experience with the game to back this up?

11yearswise said:

Old news we knew this about 3 weeks ago. Thanks anyways. Oh and welcome to the HardForums. Read the rules and play nice.

merlin704 said:
Half Life 2 sucks? Do you have any facts or first hand experience with the game to back this up?

yup

it's called my opinion...so deal with it

merlin704 said:
lol. dude, he is zues. he knows all, even how much HL2 is gonna suck, based soley on how bad the first sucked :-p

Huge Half Life 2 News!!

Its gonna be delayed....again? :eek: :D

Either way Ive got it on prebuy but for now HALO2 is kicking its ass...Do I think HL2 will be fun? well sure...but for right now it blows goats....

Who the fuck cares? I should have gone gold a long time ago, this is hardly news since every retailer has changed their "release date" to mid November a long time ago.

I'm sure it's an okay game at the least but there are more impressive games coming out IMO right now.

I'm inclined to believe PCgamer who says "possibly the best game ever." and the EGM guy who says "makes halo 2 look stupid."

People have many different opinions, personally I think the halo games are for retards who can't complete games that require any sort of intelligence(ie had to walkthrough the fallout series or something). Half-Life will be a great game for many and there will be people who don't like it, it's the same for all games. You can bet your ass that a huge majority are going to love it based on the reviews it's getting though.

InternationalHat said:
I'm inclined to believe PCgamer who says "possibly the best game ever." and the EGM guy who says "makes halo 2 look stupid."

People have many different opinions, personally I think the halo games are for retards who can't complete games that require any sort of intelligence(ie had to walkthrough the fallout series or something). Half-Life will be a great game for many and there will be people who don't like it, it's the same for all games. You can bet your ass that a huge majority are going to love it based on the reviews it's getting though.

i totally agree. I never liked Halo, imo i think it sucks. Only reason the Halo gamers are bashing HL2 is cause Halo has tv commercials so they think that must make the game 1000x better, but in reality HL2's SP is going to OWN Halo2's and Halo2's MP will be better than CS:S.
Good Thing about HL2 is the mod community. Can't do that w/Halo2 on an xbox :p

LOL I totally agree, I never liked Halo either.
The only thing I really liked about the first HL was the great mods that came out, would be really cool if they released a mod kit at the same time as the game.
InternationalHat said:

CrimandEvil said:
LOL I totally agree, I never liked Halo either.
The only thing I really liked about the first HL was the great mods that came out, would be really cool if they released a mod kit at the same time as the game.

The SDK was already released.

11yearswise said:

*snicker* little late on the news but thanks ;)

As for Halo 2...oooooo console shooters. "realistic" sets..look at those awesome trees and the terrain! ;)

Never been impressed with halo. Never looked at it and went "wow"
I was always like "Uh...havent' pc games looked like this for years already?"

Look a game I can't run!

I'm looking forward to playing HL2 alot. Only hoping not to have the gloss of it all die out as fast as Doom3 was (looked neet..bored quick)

Umm, calling somebody an idiot because they like something isn't stating an opinion, it's flaming. And saying so-and-so sucks compared to this-and-that is trolling, especially considering you haven't even fucking played this-and-that.

Huzzah for attention deprived kids...

11yearswise said:
4 weeks ago called and they want their news back! :D

Netrat33 said:
I was always like "Uh...havent' pc games looked like this for years already?"

maybe in your day and age (the last year or so)
However that was not always the case PC games used to look like ass, as did consoles. Its just been recently they both started to look halfway decent. Still think PC games have always "looked like this" go play some of the Ultimas or elder scrolls. So no PC games have not always looked like HALO...and you should be imnpressed even by a small amount since that game is running on nothing more than a 733mhz pentium with a geforce 3.
Last I recall HALO on the PC wouldnt even run on that system.

Halo sucked :. Halo 2 sucks ; Half-Life kicked ass :. Half-Life 2 kicks ass.

due to the heavy optimazations done to the game to get it to run for xbox and how crappy it would look on any decent monitor, no I'm not really impressed

also, xbox doesnt have to load up 200+ megs of windowsXP(well for most people) on its ram on top of the alotted ram the game will take, and then (in my case) it wouldnt have to load up an anti virus program, MBM5, AIM, and maybe winamp on top of that

heyheyhey said:
I'm glad at least 1 of us can base their opinions on a few videos and screenshots. :rolleyes:

Wow, if that's how you judge what a game is going to be like, I seriously feel sorry for you...

[RIP]Zeus said:
he ate my pants

Funny since you havent played it.

Even funnier since you post in ever HL2 thread that it sucks.

Funnier still, because you think Doom3 is a great game.

Visable-assassin said:
maybe in your day and age (the last year or so)
However that was not always the case PC games used to look like ass, as did consoles. Its just been recently they both started to look halfway decent. Still think PC games have always "looked like this" go play some of the Ultimas or elder scrolls. So no PC games have not always looked like HALO...and you should be imnpressed even by a small amount since that game is running on nothing more than a 733mhz pentium with a geforce 3.
Last I recall HALO on the PC wouldnt even run on that system.

*laughing* I'm not a recent gamer :)
I've been playing since the atari and the Commodore64 (forget which model) but not pong ;)
I used to love TES: Arena ;)

Well ya a computer couldn't handle xbox's specs, but then again xbox was a dedicated gaming machine which anything like that usually handles games better (Arcades vs consoles although yes that gap has been pretty much closed) But even in consoles, I don't think Xbox is that much more superior over PS2s graphics. So seeing FPS game on Xbox and seeing FPS on PS2...egh...Don't see what the big deal was.
When I saw Halo come out on the Xbox I was not impressed graphically. It didn't seem to push any boundries in MY opinion. And for PC I thought games like Quake3 looked pretty much just as good. It wasn't leaps and bounds graphically like say Farcry is to us now or Doom3 (I'll admit I'm a real graphics snob when it comes to a reason for upgrading)

I'm excited about HL2. I think graphically it's a pretty big leap and looks pretty real in some areas. I upgraded my computer for 4 biggies Stalker first...looks WAY too cool. Farcry, Doom3 and HL2. Those were the first games for me to REALLY take notice. If i saw Halo on PC first...wouldn't care

And Zeus...people just ignore him. Same old "I hate I hate" posts with no points to add. only wants to rain on other people's opinions/excitements. It's so PATHETIC...how much he has to type out everytime how much he doesn't like HL2 for NO reason. It's just truly sad that you have to do that. I feel SO sorry for you that a game CONSUMES you so much that isn't even released. And if you don't think it does...why do you type about it so much? Just leave it alone and view other threads...but you can't, and that's what's sad about you. You're name should almost be RIP [Selfpride]

And don't worry, this is the only effort I'll type to address you on this thread

Eh, after playing Halo 2, I see no reason to get excited over any other FPS. The game is just to damn good....its a shame it wasn't built on PC from the ground up, but I dont really care :D Looks amazing on a 42" HDTV and has some of the BEST sound i've ever heard from a game on my custom infinity setup! Now I have to play HL2 on a 19" crt and 3" speakers...yay!

Sizer said:
Half Life 2 is what Halo 2 wants to be when it grows up :D

Other way around bro :D Enemies in HL2 are weak....the battles are no where near as good, and it just isnt the same type of game. Halo 2 is PURE action with a great story & the best sound in any game. HL2 is UT2k4 graphics with a better physics engine and puzzle solving.

Consdering the first Halo was mediocre I can't say I'm shitting bricks waiting for Halo2 to hit PCs [if it ever does].

11yearswise said:

lmao.....this news is like 11yearsold

Back