Huge availability coming in mid December and January - Source: GamerMeld

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT making this claim. I am sharing GamerMeld's

According to GamerMeld we are going to see big batches of CPUs and GPUs arriving later this month.

Video:

Shrug. My budget for December is already spent on Christmas gifts. January? That'll be recovery from December's spending.

The soonest I will be in market to purchase a new gpu/cpu would be February, and that would be optimistic.

Shrug. My budget for December is already spent on Christmas gifts. January? That'll be recovery from December's spending.

The soonest I will be in market to purchase a new gpu/cpu would be February, and that would be optimistic.
Problem is, AFAIK, you can't pre-order at Amazon or Newegg.:( I would love to be proven wrong. ;)

Yeah, it's funny how money goes to things that you can actually buy at retail prices.

Those cars were tri-level auto racks. High value cargo. From the news item, it was deliberate sabotage. Can't blame Newegg for this one.

It's unusual for a railroad to offer a reward for information about a derailment, but this is an unusual situation. Lucky that the train crew suffered only minor injuries.

No one seems to call out all the spurious claims that outfits like MLID have made about “great availability in late October to mid November “ and “AMD will do the launch right vs paper launch from Nvidia”. I take these tea leaf readings as what they are - guesses based on rumors and industry whispers to try and push some narrative favored by the channel.

It's all click bait. MLID is a fraud. Some guesses are ok as he's kinda just pointing out the obvious, while other parts are just to pull in more ad revenue for himself. It's one thing to say a rumor and be wishful thinking, its another to claim facts out of thin air.

It's all click bait. MLID is a fraud. Some guesses are ok as he's kinda just pointing out the obvious, while other parts are just to pull in more ad revenue for himself. It's one thing to say a rumor and be wishful thinking, its another to claim facts out of thin air.
Yeah I'd have to agree. He's learned lately to layer on like 3 stages of disclaimers and vaguery to cover his ass, speaking in the least committal terms, but the moment one of the infinite options he lays out as a possibility comes true, he wastes no time or effort patting himself on the back. I mean, sure, nothing is ever certain, but there's a serious lack of humility or owning the mistakes in comparison to the information that's correct. The shit he's shilling these days is extremely questionable as well. I mean that wallet sponsor, I've got a handful of those pieces of crap as free throw-in extras, for stuff off I purchased on amazon or aliexpress, and I haven't been able to find any suckers willing to take them as "gifts" from me. Probably end up in scrap bucket.

That said, I do think he was on the money with the speculation behind the motivation of the 30 series FE design, Nvidia's willingness to abuse the AIBs and lack of concern if they don't like it, along with the deceptive tactics with retail pricing on the 3080s vs street, trying to have their cake and eat it too in terms of perceptive cost/value ratio, although no clue if this was his conclussion or something he's just parroting from another source. There does seem to be a growing trend of youtubers just copying other's content, formats, and entire videos, etc, as a "business model" these days.

This guy is the king of tech clickbait youtube. I trust the meteorologists more about the weather predictions than his claims.
Hah, here's an idea for a Nic Cage movie, worthy of his current film-star status, and inspired by a previous role!

No one seems to call out all the spurious claims that outfits like MLID have made about “great availability in late October to mid November “ and “AMD will do the launch right vs paper launch from Nvidia”. I take these tea leaf readings as what they are - guesses based on rumors and industry whispers to try and push some narrative favored by the channel.

I've called it out repeatedly, and I think several others did in the MLID thread as well. People still continue to claim he was correct, and on some aspects he was, but the availability timeline shit he was flat-out wrong.

My budget for my new system is right around $6k. I could "almost" go pre-built just to not deal with the hassle...but I have too many parts left over from my previous build to "feasibly" do that...

Even with the "pricing" aspect, you need only go back the last generation to see how that works. Every single god damn time, nvidia FE is cheapest option, the AIB is always slightly more expensive. It's nothing clarivoyant about it or industry insider. It is simply the way things have been. To go out and claim its all a scam is like pointing out the obvious about things like car ads, grocery ads, computer build ads, houses. The entire marketing structure of North America is to basically show the cheapest option and rope you into a more expensive one.

Yeah, not to mention the situation is exactly the same with 3rd party cards from AMD partners vs reference cards, except there the retail situation is practically non existent and the website is fully borked to compound matters.
The economics of low supply high demand at launch leading to spikes and scalping is very straightforward and obvious but it bites for customers. I wish the industry could build a little more of a buffer and launch at volume.

My budget for my new system is right around $6k. I could "almost" go pre-built just to not deal with the hassle...but I have too many parts left over from my previous build to "feasibly" do that...
Dump them on the FS/FT forum here.

Hell, at one point just for the hell of it, I almost bought a Digital Storm system - figured the case and custom loop they build could be adapted over the years for anything I'd need after that :D

Mid december is tomorrow (11:59 PM tomorrow) I think, will we have anyway to test/feel any merit to that claim ?

Will it fill any different (frequency of bot alert and so on) by the end of this week ?

Can confirm latest gouge is that there is a large shipment due. Cannot name source.

Microcenter got large shipments in today. About 30 cards of each 3xxx type near me. Stock lasted until late afternoon for the 3060 ti's, which is pretty unusual. So there does seem to be some truth to this.

As I've been helping my friends/coworkers upgrade their machines, I've had no issue getting cards from EVGA. No bots, just paying MSRP, most of these card were purchased this month.
IMG_20201212_171614.jpg

Of course there's going to be a ton of stock coming and guess what? It'll be gone before it's even in stock. This is going to be the same shit in my opinion until May or June. Really, there is such a little stock that when stock does come in for a really long while it's going to be just bought up instantly. I really have no hopes until the middle of next year.

Of course there's going to be a ton of stock coming and guess what? It'll be gone before it's even in stock. This is going to be the same shit in my opinion until May or June. Really, there is such a little stock that when stock does come in for a really long while it's going to be just bought up instantly. I really have no hopes until the middle of next year.
You would think the scalper market would of bottomed out by now. While the prices are lower on the scalper market they still ridiculously over msrp. Maybe after Christmas it will finally stop hopefully.

As I've been helping my friends/coworkers upgrade their machines, I've had no issue getting cards from EVGA. No bots, just paying MSRP, most of these card were purchased this month.
View attachment 309514
Gonna go ahead and raise the BS flag on this one... so you just waltzed in to the evga store and bought eight 3090's... :woot:

We can't do much about the supply constraints but the scalpers need to jump off a cliff. Seriously.

So now we come to the $64,000 question for today's launch: Bot-wielding scalper impact! Would you say their impact today was either light? Moderate? Or heavy? Out!

Gonna go ahead and raise the BS flag on this one... so you just waltzed in to the evga store and bought eight 3090's... :woot:
Yeah.
I simply say bullshit.
EVGA isnt selling off their store at all, every gpu is spoken for.....so where did you buy those?

Well my Micro Center got a large shipment of 5600 XT's, some 5700 XT's, and a few 5500 XT's the other day.

I don't see anything new listed today and definitely no new GeForce cards. They are usually really good about updating their listings here.

Last edited:
Just used their queuing system. I have 1 evga account and my friend has six. I bought three of those cards, one per house hold per card type. He bought the rest.

Fun fact 3 x 3090 hybrid cards are difficult to install in one machine, but possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_173851.jpg
    IMG_20201212_173851.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201212_173842.jpg
    IMG_20201212_173842.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 0
BTW at 9:00am EVGA will have more cards available for auto notify. The last batch they put on notify, were sold the same day....
1608136095147.png

Back