HUD Google Glasses Are Coming Soon

HardOCP News

[H] News
HUD Google Glasses are real and they are coming soon? I'll believe it when I see it (no pun intended). :cool:

They are in late prototype stages of wearable glasses that look similar to thick-rimmed glasses that “normal people” wear. However, these provide a display with a heads up computer interface. There are a few buttons on the arms of the glasses, but otherwise, they could be mistaken for normal glasses. Additionally, we are not sure of the technology being employed here, but it is likely a transparent LCD or AMOLED display.

You know, I've been waiting for these for a long, LONG time.

So big media wants me to look like a retard watching TV, and Google wants me to look like a retard daily...I wear contacts for a reason, no Thanks.

...ohh, and face recognition, with a small sign popping up telling you who it is, with skills, damage points and so on. :)

I wonder what version of Google Goggles these goggles will run. I guess I'll have to Google Google goggles goggle software version to find out?

AR games are going to get awesome

How long before we get "Dennou Coil"?

600fulldennoucoilacircl.jpg

That's a virtual pet and a security program overlaid via virtual glasses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzePX46yr6Q

Fully integrated into society and interacting with real world objects. Heck, early on, the protagonist has a side job chasing virtual pets that got lost in the town.

That anime looks interesting, but that fan-made trailer was awful.

Couldn't find a decent trailer. Youtube's saturated with AMVs :(

I REALLY want one tho. The applications of augmented reality if they can make it work like that is pretty cool, and the implementation of privacy rights was pretty funny. Of course, you'll probably need a quantum computer in every town to actually make something like that work. The extent the town was mapped makes google earth 3D look like it was drawn by a five year old.

Back