Huawei mate 10 = Release Oct 16th

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I have to say I am now very much anticipating the release of the Huawei Mate 10. I read so many good things about the Mate 9 last year, the fantastic battery life, the super smooth OS, and custom processor that makes sure the phone doesn't get laggy months down the road, etc... And it was sold at Best Buy last year, unlocked, for $599 at launch.

Word is the Mate 10, is a big leap forward, with a design matching the new 2017 Android flagships similar to the Galaxy S8+ and LG V30. It will have a K970 processor which is supposed to be a beast, both in power, but also very efficient. And rumored to have a big battery again, maybe 4,000mAh.

Here's the latest news I found on the Mate 10;

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_might_launch_three_mate_10_variants-news-27246.php

https://ausdroid.net/2017/09/16/hua...ng-display-ratio-fingerprint-sensor-location/

https://www.androidpit.com/huawei-mate-10-price-release-date-specs-features

Have a friend that just got a Mate 9 last month and can't stop raving about it, especially the battery life. He showed me a few screenshots of the battery stats and it was indeed impressive, but the Stylo 2 Plus I use primarily nowadays still beats it overall. ;)

Huawei is coming on strong with new devices, that's for damned sure, so hopefully they'll continue to make a dent in the market and offer alternatives to the big 4 Android smartphone makers.

Bad news I just read. The Mate 10 will have a much smaller battery with 3,250mAh compared to the Mate 9's 4,000mAh beast. Saying they want a slimmer phone.

Boo

People focus too much on battery capacity nowadays, it's relevant to some degrees but since the SoCs and the displays are more efficient now it's not as relevant as it might have been in years past. The 3000 mAh battery in my Stylo 2 Plus is more than adequate considering it's using a mid-range 8-core Snapdragon 430 SoC in it with a 1280x720 IPS LCD panel (and I keep the brightness at 50% constantly except in direct sunlight when I'll have it set for Auto) and I'm getting excellent battery life.

The Mate 9 having that custom SoC and using the 1920x1080 IPS LCD panel makes a huge gigantic difference with that model hence the amazing battery life so it'll be interesting to see how the Mate 10 + smaller capacity battery + higher resolution display actually works out overall battery life per charge.

The Mate 9 is a good phone but their software support is poor. The last security update for the US version of the phone was more than 5 months ago, in early April. For that reason alone I will not consider the Mate 10.

"Real AI phone"

If that shit doesn't actually have real artificial intelligence, can we sue them for false advertising?

real artificial intelligence

ISWYDT.jpg

Love my Mate 9. I have went through a lot of phones, as in a ridiculous amount of them. This is the first one I have not considered trading off. That said, the Mate 10 looks fantastic!

Battery life on the Mate 9 is flipping amazing. Camera is fantastic. Snappy OS.

I played with a huawei mate 9 briefly at best buy and it left quite an impression but i just dont spend that much on phones. Just bought another LG G5 H820 brand new for $215

Love my Mate 9. I have went through a lot of phones, as in a ridiculous amount of them. This is the first one I have not considered trading off. That said, the Mate 10 looks fantastic!

Battery life on the Mate 9 is flipping amazing. Camera is fantastic. Snappy OS.

What is the battery life like? I'm still on the fence with my Note 8. It's a good device, but if the Mate 10 pro does indeed have much larger battery life, I may spring for that.

What is the battery life like? I'm still on the fence with my Note 8. It's a good device, but if the Mate 10 pro does indeed have much larger battery life, I may spring for that.

Having used the Mate 8 and 9, their battery life is far and away the best I've seen in a modern smart phone. Mate 9 truly lasts a day and a half of moderate-heavy use. As a comparison, I'm on an S7 Edge now (since I use the Fit app and Samsung Pay on my S3 watch) and a vanilla S8 Knox build for work that barely last me from 7am to 9pm with the same usage. The only "drawback" of the Mate 9 is the screen is still only 1080p, although I'm sure this would cut down on the battery life. Emotion and Touchwiiz are very co-equal in my view: Emotion's layout is more logical and easier to find stuff it seems to me, while the UI and icons look a bit slicker in Touchwiz

Still looks like basically every other Android device already on the market today to me, guess that's how things go once there's nothing left to do that's completely unique. :(

To me it looks pretty unique and Huawei like. IMO they hit the bezel sweetspot with that design and didn't round the screen corners too much.

Any chance it'll come to carriers? This is pretty much the only phone I'm considering next to the Pixel 2 XL. If I had needed a phone this year, I would have definitely picked up the Mate 9.

Any chance it'll come to carriers? This is pretty much the only phone I'm considering next to the Pixel 2 XL. If I had needed a phone this year, I would have definitely picked up the Mate 9.

I'd say no in the US. Carriers have already committed to offering a bevy of large-screen flagships this year e.g. iPhone X and 8, Note 8, LG v30, Pixel 2 XL. I'd be very surprised if they are looking for another from a lessor-known brand, especially considering there's not really a value angle if the rumors are to be believed.

Anyone get this phone? My OP5 got tossed in the washer, thanks to my clumsy housekeeper. I'm thinking about buying the Mate 10, but have read some troubling things about its performance.

Anyone get this phone? My OP5 got tossed in the washer, thanks to my clumsy housekeeper. I'm thinking about buying the Mate 10, but have read some troubling things about its performance.
Judging by what people write on one local (Finnish) forum, the Pro version at least seems to be quite nice.

Back