HTX so soon?

cyks said:
If there is ever a need for the Roflcopter, I think it is now.

roflcopter3ot.gif

...sooooo, riddle me this batman. how does the data get transferred?

wizzackr said:
well, of course it is :confused:

Well then I would assume that it is probably funtional in the sense that the board works, I just doubt that you can find any daughterboards in install yet.

protias said:
...sooooo, riddle me this batman. how does the data get transferred?

I think they mean cable free inside the case, outside, different story.

Edit: It looks like the chassis has some kind connector for the board.

CodeWaste said:
Well then I would assume that it is probably funtional in the sense that the board works, I just doubt that you can find any daughterboards in install yet.

That is what i meant - AMD announced their plans to openly license it's before proprietary coherent HyperTransport tech on June 2nd. I think that was pretty quick from an announcement into an actual board AFAIK.

Of course, I could just be missing something important here, and hence make a total clown of myself :)

wizzackr said:
That is what i meant - AMD announced their plans to openly license it's before proprietary coherent HyperTransport tech on June 2nd. I think that was pretty quick from an announcement into an actual board AFAIK.

Of course, I could just be missing something important here, and hence make a total clown of myself :)
There have been server vendors with HTX connectors for a while now. The news with Torenza is that this tech will be openly available for anyone, instead of just for one or two vendors. AMD made the HTX support and co-processors "official".

visaris said:
There have been server vendors with HTX connectors for a while now. The news with Torenza is that this tech will be openly available for anyone, instead of just for one or two vendors. AMD made the HTX support and co-processors "official".

thanks visaris for clearing that up. guess now we have to wait for the co-processors to arrive ;)

Back