HTPC Keyboard/Mouse options?

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
So I've been using the Logitech Dinovo Mini for quite a few years. However it's starting to flake out more and more. Mostly not being able to use the arrow keys from time to time, as well as typing sometimes is a hassle because some keys just take a double tap to actually produce the letter. My biggest quam with the Mini for all these years with functionality has been trying to move files around the screen using it's touchpad... This is a challenge.

From what I can tell, not a whole lot has changed as far as keyboard/mouse combos go. The Lenovo is intriguing, and usually in top 5 lists, however I wanted to see what other people were using.

As far as remote goes, I'm using a logitech harmony touch.

I use that one when needed. But, since I'm running XBMC(Kodi) I use the app on my phone to control everything.

I use that one when needed. But, since I'm running XBMC(Kodi) I use the app on my phone to control everything.

And I thought about that, however sometimes there's still a need to go to Windows.

Not to mention that not everyone in the house is savvy enough.

I use a logitech k400 when I need a keyboard and mouse. Been using it for a few years now.

I use a logitech k400 when I need a keyboard and mouse. Been using it for a few years now.

While it's a nice option for all-in-one, I am not sure I want to go that large for the HTPC. That's one reason why I went with the Dinovo Mini, it was small, and discreet.

I have a Dino voicemail mini as well.

I had a Logitech K400 given to me. I prefer the K400. I just put it in the arm if my chair and pull it out when I need it. Battery life is way better too.

Logitech k400 is what I use after trying multiple other options

While it's a nice option for all-in-one, I am not sure I want to go that large for the HTPC. That's one reason why I went with the Dinovo Mini, it was small, and discreet.

While not as small as a Dinovo Mini, the K400 is pretty damn small and thin.

I have a full size Logitech DiNovo Edge. My parents bought a couple of them a few years ago and got tired of them and gave them to me. Now I have 2 replacements for years to come and still haven't worn out my original that's over 5 years old now.

The rechargeable batteries last forever and the dock is a handy way to charge and keep cords out of the way. The dock also makes it more presentable when guests are over.

I have a Dino voicemail mini as well.

I had a Logitech K400 given to me. I prefer the K400. I just put it in the arm if my chair and pull it out when I need it. Battery life is way better too.

Yeah.. i've got a 4 or 5 year old K400 that sees light usage. Still on the set of batteries the thing came with. (tested them last week, ~1.25V under load, still have quite a bit of life left)

Back