HTPC features without the PC?

jackbauer

[H]ard|Gawd
I am wondering if there is a unit that is similar to the Sony Location-Free but will allow me to share files on my desktop and be able to play them on my HDTV without having to burn the "files" to a DVD.

Thanks for the help

I would say get a 360 but there are some problems with that that need to be overcome first. You might want to wait for Version 2 MCE extenders to come out first though (they'll be announced on the 27th).

I wanted to hack my x-box but could never find any of those games required except on ebay and they charge alot for them. My X-box just sits there...And now there is no point for me, since my PC is right next to my TV/Monitor on my desk :(

I wanted to hack my x-box but could never find any of those games required except on ebay and they charge alot for them. My X-box just sits there...And now there is no point for me, since my PC is right next to my TV/Monitor on my desk :(

Really? My friend's game store has a few of them for around $20 used normally.

Really? My friend's game store has a few of them for around $20 used normally.

Right but be careful because you need a specific "version" of each game. My local store has many copys of mech assult, but none of them are the ones that can be used to unlock the x-box.

Right but be careful because you need a specific "version" of each game. My local store has many copys of mech assult, but none of them are the ones that can be used to unlock the x-box.

From the link:
I used Splinter Cell (the Platinum Hits edition) so that's the only one I can vouch for.
It shouldn't be hard to find SC: PHE.

Back