HTPC!! Biostar 8200c AM2 $49.99

I have an 8200 in two of my htpc's, eac with a cheap 35w dual core and it rocks 1080p playback.

Good deal for what it is, but no HDMI is a deal breaker. Sure you can get a DVI to HDMI converter, but that doesn't cover sound. If I can't transfer sound to my receiver with one cable, then it's not worth it.

BUT, still a great deal.

DVI to HDMI is capable of sound, believe it or not, BUT i see no mention of it in the manual. Considering it's a pretty vanilla board i wouldn't bank on it.

If you don't mind a full ATX sized board, Newegg has the ECS GF8200A board with HDMI for $54.99/shipped - $25 MIR = $29.99. Link

if it can do rca or optical audio you could use two zip ties for like 5 cents tops to make it "one cable"

I'd prefer to use a dedicated card for video out since there are a few that handle sound output - and you can use a dedicated sound card if you want, too.

Great deal though, and I almost jumped on it but I'm partial to Intel for strictly esoteric and meaningless reasons.

yeah but if youre going to go with dedicated video then you mitigate the value of this deal. i mean i went with a dedicated video card, but im also running a CHEAP $30 asrock mainboard.

this board, at $50 isnt the newest gpu, isnt the newest socket... wont have the best upgrade path.... i think its a warm deal at best, it really depends on how you would use it though.

Back