HTPC 2.0

Omegas

[H]F Junkie
So I've changed up my current media center for a slightly more efficient version but with HD-Audio support. Still using an Onkyo 606 and Samsung 50" 1080p Plasma, but I've gone from a 9850BE quad with a 9800gtx+Hybrid Vista setup to an older be2400 dual with a HD5770 1gb and Win7. I've also completely swapped from a WMC UI setup with WMC player for MKV's and Pdvd7.3 for BRD/HDDVD to Win7 with WMC7 doing nothing but launching into Media Browser and having MPC-HC handle all MKV's and the occasional ISO or HD/BR Disc going into TMT3P. Most of my HD media is being muxed into MKV's with MakeMKV, keeping all english audio streams and subtitles but nothing else.

Over all I'm very happy with the changes and I must say the Wife value has gone up as there a fewer hickups.

One of my biggest problems is the TV seems to have a loss of signal issue if the Media Center has been off for too long. It seems to take forever to find the signal at times, upto a minute. This is very annoying but I'm not sure who the culprit is? TV, Reciever, Vid Card, or some Win7 setting? Basically if you have not messed with the media center for over 10min's, reguardless of the TV or receiver being off or on, then you're stuck looking at the loss of signal screen on the TV. Honestly I was having a similar issue with this before but hoped the new build would fix it, guess not. If anyone knows of a common fix for this or if this is a known issue, please let me know. Thanks.

Back