HTC Will Replace Broken Smartphones For A Year

HardOCP News

[H] News
Attention all other cell phone manufacturers, please follow HTC's lead.

Starting next month when new phones go on sale, HTC will replace damaged phones free of charge during its normal 12-month warranty period — no questions asked. The offer expands on HTC Corp.'s current pledge to replace cracked screens for the first six months. HTC is trying to distinguish itself from Apple, Samsung and other smaller Android phone makers with this offer. Despite good reviews, HTC wasn't on IDC's or Gartner's lists of top five smartphone makers in 2014.

I think this is a really bad idea, because there is no such thing as a free meal.

It means that you will end up paying for all the people that break their phones in the first year built into the purchase price of your phone. Also, if you have even the slightest scratch on your phone, it'd be dumb not to just throw it on the ground and get a new one 11 months and 20 days in.

Just buy a damn case already, its all you need, and make your phones waterproof like Samsung.

A replacement phone from HTC is just another example of liberals ruining the world for everyone. Thanks Obama!

I think this is a really bad idea, because there is no such thing as a free meal.

It means that you will end up paying for all the people that break their phones in the first year built into the purchase price of your phone. Also, if you have even the slightest scratch on your phone, it'd be dumb not to just throw it on the ground and get a new one 11 months and 20 days in.

Just buy a damn case already, its all you need, and make your phones waterproof like Samsung.

I concur. I don't want to pay for other people's stupidity.

I would like a HTC phone with microsd slot and a user replaceable battery just like my thunderbolt had.

I just want VZ or HTC, whoever messed up the lollipop update to fix that. I don't have the time in my day for the factory update with everything going on. My phone is like an old flip phone till I factory reset for the new architecture. Although I wouldn't mind spiking my M8 off the ground and having HTC give me a new one today as its almost what I did after the Lollipop update nerfed my phone.

I concur. I don't want to pay for other people's stupidity.

The ignorance in your statement is fucking classic!

Do you think they need any reason at all to charge you more or less for their product?

Do you really think an enhanced warranty is a BAD THING?

Haters gonna hate...

Back