HTC Vive $100 off for Today Only

Meh claimed Anniversary sale pricing. It's been $100 off so many times now. Just means it's priced now what the normal price should be considering the next gen is on the horizon. Wonder when the pricing on these things will really get in a realistic range.

Meh claimed Anniversary sale pricing. It's been $100 off so many times now. Just means it's priced now what the normal price should be considering the next gen is on the horizon. Wonder when the pricing on these things will really get in a realistic range.
Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

What?

Next-gen VR is nothing but speculation right now. It could easily fizzle out like every other VR attempt before.

What?

Next-gen VR is nothing but speculation right now. It could easily fizzle out like every other VR attempt before.
While I haven't seen it on sale for $100 like he said so many times I think he may be claiming about new generation headset but like his other claim I haven't heard much about that either. I think they need to sell enough of these to justify releasing a new one.

While I haven't seen it on sale for $100 like he said so many times I think he may be claiming about new generation headset but like his other claim I haven't heard much about that either. I think they need to sell enough of these to justify releasing a new one.
MC 2-14-17
MS had it for $700 + $100 GC 12-26-16
Frys 12-26-16
Vive and Amazon 12-25-16
MC 12-19-16
MS again for $699 + $100 GC on 11-28-16
Should I keep back tracking on SD?
Point is it has been this price point far too many times for them to make it seem like $699 is a worthy "Anniversary" deal. It was just the same price it has already been plenty of times and even worse if you factor in the Microsoft Store extra $100 GC on top of the $699 sale price.

I do stand corrected on the next version on the horizon though. I've seen many people claim it was coming out but it looks like it's all just hearsay. So you all got me there. ;-)

I'll wait for LG. The next generation might not be close yet but this generation still needs more competitors. I think there is still a lot of people that can deliver better headsets at lower price.

MC 2-14-17
MS had it for $700 + $100 GC 12-26-16
Frys 12-26-16
Vive and Amazon 12-25-16
MC 12-19-16
MS again for $699 + $100 GC on 11-28-16
Should I keep back tracking on SD?
Point is it has been this price point far too many times for them to make it seem like $699 is a worthy "Anniversary" deal. It was just the same price it has already been plenty of times and even worse if you factor in the Microsoft Store extra $100 GC on top of the $699 sale price.

I do stand corrected on the next version on the horizon though. I've seen many people claim it was coming out but it looks like it's all just hearsay. So you all got me there. ;-)

Okay. But holiday sales don't really count because almost everything has a high chance of going on sale anytime from Black Friday to end of the year. And MC is for select percentage of the buyers. Not everyone has access to those deals.

Microcenter has an online store. They will ship pretty much everything but the processors. Currently though you have to purchase VR hardware with it to save the extra $100. So it's slated for In Store Pickup only. There is always reaching out to someone in the [H] community though to see if they will pick one of these up or anything else that is in store only. I've done it plenty of times in the past for [H] members on the processors.

I'm sure I could have kept back tracking SD to find it for $700 way before the holidays. Point made though the Anniversary sale was nothing special. Had it never been $700 before then there would be something to say about it being a special "Anniversary" sale.

Back