HTC Thunderbolt Extended Battery $25

MacLeod

[H]F Junkie
Thought Id post a heads up, the extended life battery is half price now on Verizon's website for $25. It still lists as $50 but when you put it into your cart, it shows a $25 discount with free shipping.

I picked one up and got it in today so havent done any testing but all the reviews claim drastic increases in battery life.

The downside is it is pretty good sized so if youre using a holster for your phone, you wont be able to anymore unless there are some others out there cause there arent any on Verizon's website. Youre only options are a case and a silicon surround.

Still worth it to me. I work 2 jobs and like to listen to music at the night job and if I didnt get a chance to charge it during lunch I was screwed. Normally couldnt make it thru the day without at least a 1 hour charge in the middle of the day.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=selectPhone&phoneId=5605&archetypeId=12517

So I unplugged my phone from the charger this morning at 7AM. Its not 9:45PM and Ive still got an 80% charge after moderate use with 4G surfing. Ill call that a pretty drastic increase in battery life. Now I just need a case.

Nice, have you found a case that will work with the extended batt yet?

Found a couple listed online and Verizon has one you can order that is supposed to fit with the extended battery. But I want a holster cause I drive a beer truck for a living so its easier with the holster getting it in and out when Im driving down the road or whatever.

No big deal though. If I cant find a good holster, Ill stick with the case. Its an easy trade off Ill gladly do for 500% increase in battery life. I was literally having to charge my phone three times a day. Once overnight, once during lunch and once on the drive home. If I missed one, it would be dead by 6PM.

So I unplugged my phone from the charger this morning at 7AM. Its not 9:45PM and Ive still got an 80% charge after moderate use with 4G surfing. Ill call that a pretty drastic increase in battery life. Now I just need a case.

you are saying you can get 15 hours on that with 80% charge left over...... yeah rights

you are saying you can get 15 hours on that with 80% charge left over...... yeah rights

the battery drop is not linear, kind of like the gas tank found in japanese cars, like you used 1/2 tank and drove 250 miles, but then the remaining half only goes 100 more miles. ;)

Thats exactly what Im saying. Dont give a fuck if you believe me or not. After 15 hours of use, the battery meter was still 70-80% full.

And notice I said MODERATE use and some 4G surfing. Didnt say I was on it constantly streaming videos all day while making phone calls. I made a half dozen phone calls or so and browsed some websites mostly forums like [H]. About what I usually do but with the old battery, I wouldnt have made it made it much passed lunch time before needing a charge.

After a week with this thing, the battery meter has yet to hit the half way mark. So yeah, its a drastic improvement over the old battery and a steal at $25 shipped.

Thats exactly what Im saying. Dont give a fuck if you believe me or not. After 15 hours of use, the battery meter was still 70-80% full.

And notice I said MODERATE use and some 4G surfing. Didnt say I was on it constantly streaming videos all day while making phone calls. I made a half dozen phone calls or so and browsed some websites mostly forums like [H]. About what I usually do but with the old battery, I wouldnt have made it made it much passed lunch time before needing a charge.

After a week with this thing, the battery meter has yet to hit the half way mark. So yeah, its a drastic improvement over the old battery and a steal at $25 shipped.

Yes i've had the battery on my tbolt and experienced what you say, but once you go below 50% the battery drops at an exponential rate Your experience is misleading and inaccurate, if you ever go below 40% the battery drops at a rate of more than 10% per hr at idle.

I wish I can get those types of numbers I gave up on my atrix and inspire because I had to charge driving to work driving back to work and charge during the day lol

Back