HTC One Prime

CHANG3D

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/htc-android-smartphone-m8-prime,26830.html

HTC_M8_Prime.jpg

While details are scarce, and of course completely unsubstantiated, the M8 Prime is supposed to be equipped with a Snapdragon 805 SoC, a 5.5-inch WQHD (1,440 x 2,560) screen and have 3 GB of RAM. It will be HTC's first phone that has a 300 Mbps CAT 6 LTE modem (part of the SD805 feature set), and will also be waterproof, like the Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2. The most interesting specification that has been leaked, though, is the material from which it is made. HTC has always pushed the envelope when it comes to the materials it crafts its handsets from, and if @evleaks is to be believed, the M8 Prime will be "made out of an exotic material, a composite of aluminum and liquid silicone."

Other rumors indicate a 18MP camera with another smaller "UltraPixel" camera.

The logo bezel is actually small enough to not hate it...

I'm going to guess a bigger push for wireless charging

Rumored release date July/August 2014

Last edited:
If it keeps the same form factor as the M8 with a 5.5" screen, it's going to be massive.

The bezels are noticeably smaller than that on the 5.1" M8. Also the speakers look thinner. So I suspect the similar dimensions as the M8. I wouldn't be surprised if they share the same dimension and capable of using the same phone cases

Cool, so if they have a "developer" edition equivalent, I might consider it ... wonder what a HTC One dev ed. would sell for if I wanted to unload it?

Love the friggin phone BTW, my only peaves would be with Android issues in general.

Like when I hit the "phone" icon, it goes to the last call rather than letting me default to the favorites page. I haven't found any way to force it the way I want it to behave.

Cool, so if they have a "developer" edition equivalent, I might consider it ... wonder what a HTC One dev ed. would sell for if I wanted to unload it?

Love the friggin phone BTW, my only peaves would be with Android issues in general.

Like when I hit the "phone" icon, it goes to the last call rather than letting me default to the favorites page. I haven't found any way to force it the way I want it to behave.
You can always customize the launcher bar...

So far it looks like a winner to me but if that main camera is still a 4mp Ultra Weakass, than no.

So far it looks like a winner to me but if that main camera is still a 4mp Ultra Weakass, than no.

Heh I think on price of the unit alone they should consider moving away from it.

But seriously that is one badass looking phone.

I think I might be sold. Unless the nexus 6 does all the same stuff sans waterproofing for half the price.

To shame Apple... I don't see any other reason to go 2K resolution either on something this small. Retina what? Personally, I'll be fine with the same hardware on a more battery efficient 1080p screen.

But there are other things to look at. OEM's who make bigger resolution screens also make them thinner with smaller bezel.

Stick a red kickstand on this bad boy and you have the spitting image of the Evo 4g LTE on Sprint. Not necessarily a bad thing since I thought that was a pretty sexy phone, but I also remember it being polarizing with a lot of people. Only thing I don't like is the huge protruding pimple of a camera lens. The phone will lie very awkwardly. And there's no way this is the same dimensions as the original M8. Bezels aren't THAT much smaller to account for the .5 inch increase in screen size. This phone will be large. (Change3d, the M8 has a 5' inch screen not 5.1 by the way).

For comparison's sake, today revealed that the new G3 will be 146.3 X 74.6 X 8.9.
Compare this with the current M8 which measures 146.4 X 70.6 X 9.4

The new G3 has far less bezel than these M8 prime renders so we should expect a noticeable bump in size.

Last edited:
Transformer prime, from asus!

On another note, saw the first HTC One Maxx in the wild ... ever today. The thing dwarfs my note 3!

Back